Event Coverage: MR 1st annual dyno day / meet: August 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
MontrealRacing is holding a dyno day and Cars & Coffee show/members meet at Trac Racing (Autodrome St. Eustache) on Saturday, August 27th from 10am-4pm (dyno runs from 8-6). The event will be a rain or shine ordeal but lets pray for shine.

The special price we have is $50 per car for 3 runs. If you would like to dyno your car you must let me know in advance by PM or by saying so in this thread so we can book your time.

The car show is open to the public and we welcome as many cars as possible however to be elligable for a trophy, the owner must be registered in the forum. There will be a cover charge of $5 per head but it will be free to enter your car so I expect to see all of yours cars in the show even if they are stock. The point is to meet new people and see everyone's car in person. Hot dogs and drinks will be served.

Judging will be taken care of by the forum staff (IE moderators and admin). The categories are as follows (1st and 2nd place for each category):

Honda/Acura
JDM
VW
Other Euro (Audi, BMW,Volvo, Saab)
Other Asian(Subaru, Mazda,Hyundai,Toyota, Lexus, Mitsubishi)
Domestic(GM, Ford,Chrysler)
Best of Show

I don't think we'll have too too many cars so we are not going to go crazy on categories. Its just a friendly competition but trophys will be awarded.

Basically that's it. If you have ideas on how the day can be more interesting feel free to share them here. After all its a show for MR members so its fair that you guys would have a say in what happens.

======================================================

MontrealRacing vas tenir une dyno day et exposition de voitures "Cars & Coffee" samedi, le 27 aout achez Trac Racing (Autodrome St. Eustache) de 10h-16h (8h-18h pour le dyno). L'événement aura lieu même s'il pleut.

On a une prix speciale pour le dyno: $50 pour 3 essais. SVP il faut me dire si vous etes interesser pour le dyno par PM ou dans ce thread pour reserver une espace.

L'èxposition est ouvert au publique mais il faut être membre du forum pour être capable de gagner un trophy. L'entrée est $5 par personne mais il est gratuit pour exposer un véhicule donc j'èspere voir tout le monde la avec son char. Le point c'est de rencontrer du monde et on a une petit competition pour le fun. Il va y a avoir des hot dogs et des breuvages.

L'équipe MR vont être les juges. Les catégories sont (avec une première et deuxième place pour chaque catégorie):

Honda/Acura
JDM
VW
Other Asian(Subaru, Mazda,Hyundai,Toyota, Lexus, Mitsubishi)
Domestic(GM, Ford,Chrysler)
Best of Show

Je ne crois pas avoir tellement d'èxposants donc ca devrai être assez.

C'est presque tout. Si vous avez des idees n'ésitez pas de les mettre ici. C'est votre événment.

For the dyno the times are as follows: (forgot to mention the dyno is a 2wd dyno).

8:00:
8:30:
9:00:
9:30:
10:00: 67continental
10:30:
11:00: Luc
11:30:
12:00:
12:30:
1:00: RUBaDUBdub
1:30: Redman
2:00: MagicMikey
2:30:
3:00:
3:30:
4:00:
4:30:
5:00:
5:30:

hmmm. let me see if I can get my car running 100% Id like to know what the original motor is able to do before I drop my new one in

Can't go wrong with Cars and Coffee. i'm in town and would love to see everyone.

I will wait on sheduling the dyno session and watch everyone's cars instead.

I say we bring MontealM3's STI on the dyno!!!

if we want to show off our cars, do we have to be there all day? can we leave earlier? :dunno:

VTEC_RYDAZ said:

if we want to show off our cars, do we have to be there all day? can we leave earlier? :dunno:
I don't think Trac has a 4wheel dyno :dunno:

VTEC_RYDAZ said:

He can't... He's like me ---> AWD car.... This dyno doesn't support AWD cars...

Daso said:
Too bad they don't do bikes. Would have like to know how much HP my bike's got.

I'll save you some money Dom, Check out www.bikez.com they have all that cool stuff.

of yeah, that pic of the Bunny and Volvo, you sent me was nice! gotta love ol'school Euro:bigup: :bigup:

11:00: Luc (If the car is ready (should be !!)
2:00:
2:30:
5:30:

DannyITR said:

I'm not sure I'm invited , but I'd like to come and check things out just the same .........................

:D

Great idea :bigup: , should be a great event !!!!!

ok so I was mistaken. Its a 2wd dyno. You can show up whenever you want but I'm hoping most poeple will stay til at least 4pm whem the trophys will be given out.

11:00: Luc (If the car is ready (should be !!)
2:00: MagicMikey
2:30: Matberge