Crack in windshield - pay cash to replace or claim on insurance

konrad

Hi everyone,

I have a huge crack (7 inches long) on the windshield after a truck threw some debris on my car.

Would you claim through insurance or should I just pay the 650$ quote to change it on my Q5?

If I go through insurance, will my premiums go up? I own three vehicles so, I don't want them to use it against me and jack up the price if I renew. And same thing goes for if I go with a new companym my premium for 3 vehicles will be higher.

Advice plz!!!*tu*

Thanks

Don’t claim and shop. I paid 300$ for a windshield at DPB and Lebeau was quoting me 1200$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 years ago, I claimed a side window from a break in, with the understanding it was a "not at fault" type deal.

It's still on my record as a claim, and they didn't want to insure my car for new parts because of that claim and my car getting rear ended the year I bought the car.

I had to argue for 3 fucking days.

Don’t claim .

Don’t claim for a windshield

Je pense comme eux ^^^
réclamation responsabble ou non reste toujours une tache a ton dossier.

Tu réclame seulement quand ça coute cher a faire réparer, sinon tu paye toi même

Don’t claim and shop. I paid 300$ for a windshield at DPB and Lebeau was quoting me 1200$.

DPB ???
Pcq j'ai justement une crac de keks pouces pi j'ai pas envie de payer le gros prix pcq c'est sur mon bazou d'hivers.

Last edited:
J'ai fait l'erreur de faire une réparation "gratuite" (celles a 80$ quand tu as une chip) qui évidemment passe sur l'assurance

Ben c'est resté genre 6 ans sur mon dossier pis chaque fois je voulais changer d'assurance ça sortait comme une Claim, même pour 80$.

Depuis j'ai jamais réclamé une vitre.

Je pense comme eux ^^^
réclamation responsabble ou non reste toujours une tâche a ton dossier.

Tu réclame seulement quand ça coute cher a faire réparer, sinon tu paye toi même

DPB ???
Pcq j'ai justement une crac de keks pouces pi j'ai pas envie de payer le gros prix pcq c'est sur mon bazou d'hivers.

Juste de meme en passant, une tache c'est celle que tu frottes, et une tâche c'est l'action de la frotter :p. Tsé comme des tâches ménagères.

Juste de meme en passant, une tache c'est celle que tu frottes, et une tâche c'est l'action de la frotter :p. Tsé comme des tâches ménagères.

Osti de tbnk, on est rendu avec un prof de français,
donne moi une petite chance, je fais des efforts pour pas être aussi illettré que Setak !

Last edited:
Je pense comme eux ^^^
réclamation responsabble ou non reste toujours une tache a ton dossier.

DPB ???

Docteur du pare brise

Electronics, defrost and sensors in windshield? Claim and go with a big shop that offers warranties.

NO electronics, defrost and sensors in windshield? Get cheapest option paid out of pocket.

Don't deal with LeBeau or those places. They are around because of the insurance industry.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

i love how those places scrape the living shit out of the sheetmetal to get the glue removed for the next windshield. and then a year later you have rust bubbles popping out everywhere around it.

honestly, i don't know how i'll be replacing mine when it's done, but I think I want to do it myself lol

I would not claim it to insurance...it will be a claim on your file !

Is your Q5 lease or bought?
Most of the cheap prices people are telling you here are not for OEM windshields. But aftermarket.

And IF you leased the car, you will get charged the price of the windshield at the end of the lease because it does not have the manufacturer sticker.
IF it has the exact sticker as you have now ( assuming is the OEM) than is ok.

I'm guessing the q5 has an acoustic windshield. I'd make sure whatever cheap options are offered match these features. I had my windshield replaced at DPB and while it was supposed to be equivalent, I couldn't' shake the feeling that wind noise was a little bit more pronounced afterwards. Maybe it was in my head/ something to do with the install. If you've got the music cranked to 11 all that time this may not matter to you.

Osti de tbnk, on est rendu avec un prof de français,
donne moi une petite chance, je fais des efforts pour pas être aussi pire que Setak !
'Steak' il a fais un typo dans son username. Tu ne mets pas la barre haute!
/s

DO NOT claim it. Pay it out of pocket if you can afford it otherwise whenever you ask for a quote (or renew) the insurance company will pull up your FCSA (fichier central sinistres auto) and will see the claim, it won't matter if it's for $800 or $8000, fault/no fault, comprehensive claim or not. You try and keep this file clean and empty if at all possible, this follows you for 6 years. Only use insurance if the damage amount will indeed out you in a financial burden.

Back