The Coffee Thread

od_man99

As many of you I adore coffee. I don't have a 500$ coffee machine, I don't make espressos or other fancy name caffeine baring drinks, It's plain sugar and milk coffee.

I usually drink Nabob, but for the last month they haven't had sales on the damn things, so I've been drinking Folgers and Maxwell house and fuck I hate Both.

Anyhow, I started buying beans and grinding them, and I noticed the taste was much stronger and overall better.

I do the following;

I boil filtered water to 95 degrees and then pour it into the coffee maker. I put 1 soup spoon of coffee grinned beans per cup. I noticed 3-1/2 soup spoons for 6 cups in the morning is pretty much the ideal mixture. Although I only drink 2 cups a day, I tend to make a fresh batch whenever I feel like coffee.

How do you make your coffee, what do you put in it and are there any techniques you want to share?

jy vais a la maniere la plus BS

chaque matin, j'ouvre le robinet je rempli une tasse jla met 2min22 au microwave, ensuite jla transverse dans ma supercool tasse qui renverse pas dans mon char, j'ajoute une cuilliere a soupe de café instantanné du sucre pis ready go.

J'achete du Nescafé ou Maxwell House

le meilleur cafe maison ca reste avec un bon vieux percolateur electrique
quand t'en trouve un qui a 30-40 ans dans un marche aux puces et qui fonctionne encore t'es sur d'avoir le meilleur cafe possible meme avec du Sans Nom en canne jaune

lol @ 2m22
tu t'donne meme pas ltrouble te mettre un zero sur ton microonde..tu laisse ton doigt sul 2 hehe :p

Encore plus rapide avec une bouilloire, aussitôt qu'elle fait du bruit c'est chaud, maxwell in da house pis embarque dans le char.

Seul bémol, le 3/4 du temps il n'y a pas de maudite toilette qui m'attend à la job à part quelque boîtes.

iblav1.jpg

Nespresso FTW

I put the capsule in the machine, press the button and enjoy perfect coffee 20 seconds later.

In the A.M. I have my Original roast or hazelnut Maxwell House from the perculator, in the P.M. after diner I have my favorite: Lavazza Crema e Gusto from my machine.

Right now I only buy Van Houtte house blend medium roast and have some Kona coffee here that was given to me. I have been drinking tea since i was born and still do but have only been drinking coffee for maybe 4 years. So I'm limited in my coffee knowledge.
I have a french press (never used), Cuisinart grind and brew machine but just got a Cuisinart keurig one cup maker that's going to be my daily.

I drink mine black on my delonghi machine with coffee from greece, and loving , I'm a fan of trying so I try alot here and there.

It's crazy how dependent you become on it, just the taste, the smell, the energy boost. I love coffee, no matter how you make it.

My GF is Greek, so i got use to having Nescafe in the morning.

Not the Nescafe we have here, thats crap.

French press FTW.

On week days i'll have reg drip, some van houtte crap since the machine's timed to go off, and i dont have time to wait.

Week nights ill have espresso from the machine, its not a super baller machine, but does the job well, use lavazza rossa.

Weekends ill either use the press, right now i have an amazing orange brandy roast, or the bialetti stovetop espresso machine which IMO gives me a much better espresso than any machine. super crema in that, only the best!

Man... i just re-read this and it looks a little obsessive...

moi j'ai une cafetiere black & decker a 30$ qui fait la job en masse lol. Van houte noisettes 3 sucres pour moi.

Back