****Official 2012-2013 Canadiens de Montreal Thread!****

Shaolin_Monk

Depuis hier et le début de la période des agents libres, la saison 2012-2013 est entamée! Voici maintenant la nouvelle discussion qui va avec!

Since yesterday and the beginning of the Free Agency period, the 2012-2013 season is officially started!

The Habs have started an organizational rebuilt for the last couple months. We had in the eyes of many a very successful draft starting from our #r 3 Overall pick Alex Galchenyuk and we went and got 3 good FAs yesterday in Colby Armstrong (1yr/1M$), Brandon Prust (4yrs/10M$) and the Francis Bouillon(1yr/1M$).

Many believe we are not entirely done shopping and that we have our eyes on Jagr to complete our Top 6 at forward. Jagr is said to want 4M$ for a season so we have to see if the Canadiens are willing to give that kind of money!!!!!!

I think that even if we are not going to be a Cup Contender this year(You never know though), we will definitely be much better than last year!!!!!

GO HABS GO!

Your forgot 4 years for Moen . :)

I sure did! But he's not an acquisition so I didn't think about adding him to the mix!

I think that with Moen, Armstrong, Prust, White and friends we are shaping up to have a pretty tough 3rd or 4th line. Definitely better than Palushaj and Engqvist!!!

From our conversation in the old thread:

Well if those are the penalties for buying the contract it might still be better then paying 7.4 or wtv the cap hit is of his contract, and it will only cost 10mil for the 2 years left (5.5,4.5) rather than 15 of cap hit.

And putting him in Hamilton well I'm not sure it will poison the prospect he can't do that bad in the AHL he should get some confidence and should be able to be a good playmaker with AHL players he also has alot of experience including 2 cups so maybe that can help the young guys, hopefully.

That may be the expensive route but let's face it, if it's going to make us better why not we all know this isn't Columbus are market is huge and we sell out 82 games at some of the highest prices on the league.

But like you said they are probably waiting for the new CBA to see if any new rules can benefit them, hopefully it doesn't bite us in the ass with new rules of some kind that will handcuff us to Gomez

From our conversation in the old thread:

Well if those are the penalties for buying the contract it might still be better then paying 7.4 or wtv the cap hit is of his contract, and it will only cost 10mil for the 2 years left (5.5,4.5) rather than 15 of cap hit.

And putting him in Hamilton well I'm not sure it will poison the prospect he can't do that bad in the AHL he should get some confidence and should be able to be a good playmaker with AHL players he also has alot of experience including 2 cups so maybe that can help the young guys, hopefully.

That may be the expensive route but let's face it, if it's going to make us better why not we all know this isn't Columbus are market is huge and we sell out 82 games at some of the highest prices on the league.

But like you said they are probably waiting for the new CBA to see if any new rules can benefit them, hopefully it doesn't bite us in the ass with new rules of some kind that will handcuff us to Gomez

But putting it him in the minors makes it not count against the cap so its better than buying him out!

That's exactly what I was saying that's putting him in Hamilton we still pay him 10m but free 15m in cap over 2 years so were buying cap space at a discount, and we can easily afford it being the canadians

That's exactly what I was saying that's putting him in Hamilton we still pay him 10m but free 15m in cap over 2 years so were buying cap space at a discount, and we can easily afford it being the canadians

Oh yah 100%! That's probably why they haven't bought him out. Bury the contract in the minor.

Bergevin is having a press conference at 4:30pm. News now say taht we are not in the running for Jagr.

This is what i'm worried about

That was a rested lucic.. looking for blood :\

We need a legitimate heavyweight ~6'4'' 240lbs to reign fear into opponents hearts

This is what i'm worried about

That was a rested lucic.. looking for blood :\

We need a legitimate heavyweight ~6'4'' 240lbs to reign fear into opponents hearts

If you think about it Prust, Armstrong and Moen are going to be good matchups with most 3rd lines in the league.. .There aren't many teams that have a guy that can rival with Lucic. Not many skillfull big bodies available....

Dont get me wrong i like Prust but we could've had the baddest mofo in john scott for 600k!

A guy like lucic loves to fight middleweights but put a heavyweight on him n he plays like a chump... For 600k, nobody will touch ryan miller again!

Dont get me wrong i like Prust but we could've had the baddest mofo in john scott for 600k!

A guy like lucic loves to fight middleweights but put a heavyweight on him n he plays like a chump... For 600k, nobody will touch ryan miller again!

je donnerais une chance a laraque si j'etais bergevin. le gars a l'air de vraiment avoir mit les effort pour se remettre en santé et il accepterais de jouer 1 match sur 2 au plus bas salaire possible

U crazy? Laraque only fights staged fights.. remember sending faxes to fight? Come on!!
I want a bob kordic type of psycho in the line up that will fuck u up without warning!!

U crazy? Laraque only fights staged fights.. remember sending faxes to fight? Come on!!
I want a bob kordic type of psycho in the line up that will fuck u up without warning!!

Having finished in last place, I don't think there is a place for such a type of player.... It would be great but we need as much talent as we can on the ice...

therrien a deja coacher laraque durant quelque année et il a l'air de vouloir ramener du monde qu'il connait.

le message que laraque a ecrit sur facebook.
My possible return to the NHL

As many of you guys know already, I’m trying to make a comeback in the NHL.

Here’s why…

First of all, now I’m healthier than ever, my last 2 years of playing with the Canadiens, I had to deal with a lot of injuries, and no one really saw me play at my full potential. For the last couple months now, I’ve been training with a personal trainer every morning at the gym, pushing myself like I was when I was playing in the NHL to really test myself physically, I actually just ran 90km in 3 days last week for a charity (Esprit de Corps) and my body feels great. I weight now the same as when I was playing 255 lbs and intent to go down to 245 lbs.

The biggest reason thought, is because I didn’t like the way my career ended and I want to finish it on a better note if I got the chance. My last memory of my career is on January 21, 2010, couple days after the earthquake in Haiti, Bob Gainey calls me in his office to release me. That’s truly not the memory I want of my 13 year career. So I will do everything I can to play at least one more year so I can end things of my own term and have a better memory.

We all saw the state of the game of hockey today, and I don’t think it would come as a surprise for you if I told you that the role of enforcer is still really valuable to a team this year and now more than ever. Look at all the incidents that happened in the last couple of years, I don’t see those incidents happens to team like Boston, Philly, Toronto… And why do you think? Isn’t it obvious? So some teams this summer will address their need and some of them will be toughness. Well me, I know my role, I did it for 13 years where I fought over 130 times, and to comeback, it’s exactly what I will have to do. I’m motivated, I feel like I have something to prove, and a man on a mission like this is a dangerous man and if I get the try-out I’m looking for, I wouldn’t want to be the guy standing in front of me…

This is not news worthy because I don’t have a try-out yet, my agent will be speaking to teams after the draft, this is not about money either because I’m willing to play for minimum salary so I don’t hurt the cap of any team that might be interested. This is not a P.R. move because I’m really putting it the effort for a real comeback, just like my buddy Ken Belanger, former tough guy for the L.A. Kings that had a successful return to the NHL after a 2 years absence couple years ago.

Just look at the fourth liner of your favorite team, then pick the tough guy on it, this is the guy I will have to compete against for a job, who do you rather have on your team…? At the end of the day, I have nothing to lose, at the end of the day, I’m just looking for a try-out, not a guarantee , a try-out, like my buddy Peter Sykora did last camp in New Jersey and he made the team. I understand that my role wouldn’t be the same as before, I might play every 2 games, my ice time average of 9 min. a game might go down quite a bit, but I’ll do and accept whatever it takes and if I get that chance, I guarantee you that I will make that team!

Thanks for your support!

P.S. About the critics, here’s what I have to say, if I was a person that listen and was affected by them, I would have never made it to the NHL, critics give me fuel to achieve my dreams! After all, criticism comes from jealous people period, when you can understand that, there’s no problem at all!

Georges Laraque

There's always room for a policeman in a team. Having a bunch of middleweights doesnt do u much good if nobody can take down the big rabid dog.
Remember Malone going nuts on Emelin? Who stepped in? Who CAN step in now??? I dont wanna see Moen or Prust get disfigured trying to fight heavyweights!!
If we're going to get tough, we need a big rabid dog as well!

Back