1987 honda aero scooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sspikey

Legacy Member
well my friend picked one up today for close to nothing. i got it to run and idle fine but its slow and im bored. wacha guys think i should do to it. i already removed all the body panels and lights for weight. what else? im thinking of rebuilding the engine or just cleaning out all the carbon inside and puttin it back together? any suggestions everyone. please no dumb comments this is really just for fun. :) thx in advance.

Good GOD!!!..i knew that a lot of young ppl were on this board but a scooter?...

JUST MESSING WHIT YOU!!!!!....i'm a angry old guy.
I think that you could over size.I remember when i was a tennager...that's a couple of centurys ago,that one of the kids on my street had is older brother do that to is Honda scooter.He was much faster than all the other whit the same model.
Anyway...keep us posted on this project.
MARC r

:D i wonder if napi would let me run the thing ahahah. i was thinking of a better exhaust for it, anyone got any specific shape it would be in? :) its getting faster each time i mess around with it. im thinking of taking the front bakes off for weight also. and the nos idea. the thing is worth like 30$ :). btw anyone have any ideas on getting the heat sink cleanek. its full uf rust.

Just oversize the piston

get a racing muffler and clucth

trust me its fast after that

muffler=around 200$

clucth = around 200$

spikee,admitt it,its your scooter!and it would eb a watse of your time to run that thing on the 1/4 mile!

:) im starting to want it to tell you the truth. its nice on days like this i was riding it last night again around the block for the ghetto a/c :) ok found something to mess around with. some on np club told me to take a propane bottle and just pump air into it (god knows where ill get a fitting for that) and then drill a hole into the intake and find a fitting to regulate the flow of pressurized air and in theorie this should be kinda like boost :) im also gonna be making a custom airbox outta pvc and develop a ram air system for it :) total cost of the box 30$ hehe.

oh and btw for my 1/4 mile time :) i at least know my mph will be around 40MPH :)

drop it and go with a YSR-50 (when modded, they are a bat out of hell)

BTW: anyone knows someone selling or where to get PM me

im also gonna be making a custom airbox outta pvc and develop a ram air system for it total cost of the box 30$ hehe.

Not that I want to rain on your parade, but an average ram air system at 40 mph will get you an increase in air flow of around one tenth of a percent...don't bother. What you can do is a tuned intake, which basically means sizing the intake up correctly. Send me a PM if you want the details...

Back some time ago... About 15 years ago, one of my friends had one just like it, his dad took it apart oversized and cleaned it up inside, the thing went about 10 - 15 kms faster, hehehe.
Back then I had a YSR50, the mini race bike, it was a blast until the cops realized that it had gears, therefor it's not a scooter (had to have a bike licence to drive it).
Oh ,and next NAPI event you should bring it, I know Tony from ADTuning will bring his, and you guys can race scooters. By the way he has an 1985 Honda Spreeeeeeee. :)

damn i might call him so he can give me some help with it :) ive been just trying random things with it. :) only problem is even with me weighing like 115 pounds the thing has no front brakes. i can only use the front brakes because i have to pull the throttle with a vise grip and my left hand :D yeah ghetto scooter. but i still keep up with a yamaha biwi thats 52 cc. :) i wanna try some crazy stuff like running it on methanol or something BUT dont forget the engine is under my ass so if it blows it takes me with it ;)

by the way sspikey, nice going freaking the shiat out of fred last week... when you virtually went window first into his yellow scirocco with your camera:rolleyes:

:) hehe sorry bout that he got really mad i just wanted a pic of the interior it was so clean and each time i took a pic from the outside the windows were up so i couldnt see anything inside :). i checked the ysr50 DAMN expensive little things! but i can bore the engine out to 80cc!!!! WOW. i think im just gonna stroke this engine to 60cc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back