Is this possible with an M5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarface

Legacy Member
lg_m51.jpg

also, i've read somewhere that the cars in adds always have to be the same as you buy, the manufacturer or the publicity agency doesnt have the right to modify let's say the car's suspension for a stunt, or tune the engine for better performance. only the tire might be changed.

i dont think the add you see is a fake one since they are legislated on similar points.

Scarface said:
If that is the monza parabolic curve, where is that located? any clue?
:dunno:

It's located in Monza.

Monza is a town near Milan. Were they have the Italian F1 gp

layout26.gif

The highspeed ring is not used anymore and is only kept for historic purposes and in very bad shape. You can't normaly go with a car. the current "curva parabolica" is a piece of the old ring curve.

1967-01g.jpg

Jackie Ickx with Ford GT40 at monza.

Maybe in picture with M5 it's not, I'm just guessing. It just looks like it, maybe there are tons of falling-apart unused curves like that.

Last edited:
I don't think you really have to go that fast. Anybody here a physics major?

I Figure anycar that can reach 200km/h should be able to stay up.

Sure would be fun to try!

Maybe he's going ALOT faster then I think..

You'd need a 5pt harness and a whole lot of g force to keep the driver upright and steady like that, i'm not saying they can't do that with an M5...but THAT pic in particular looks like camera work.

TracK said:
Maybe he's going ALOT faster then I think..

You'd need a 5pt harness and a whole lot of g force to keep the driver upright and steady like that, i'm not saying they can't do that with an M5...but THAT pic in particular looks like camera work.

there is no driver in that picture....

but logically, think about it - if the g forces can keep the car glued to the wall, then they can easily keep the driver in his seat without a harness.

67Continental said:
there is no driver in that picture....

but logically, think about it - if the g forces can keep the car glued to the wall, then they can easily keep the driver in his seat without a harness.

i see something highet than the pass. seat on the driver side..

Then what's in the driver seat? a dummy wearing a helmet ?!

Logically yes, if he were going that fast the driver WOULD remain in place...just didn't appear to be going very fast...guess that's the beauty of photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back