Question about gas station pumps in QC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MstrBlstr

Why is it that in Quebec the fuel hoses have the stopper disabled and try to force you to hold the pump while filling?
Every other place I've been to in North America you can just lock the handle in place and wait for the fuel to fill in.
In Quebec only the full service pumps have that feature enabled.

Why is that?

BTW. I always use the gas cap of my car to jam the hose open and don't bother holding it while filling.

u know what really bothers me, is when the 'counter' really slows down to a trickle like 50cents before the fill up, like when u have to pre pay...

Yeah, its probably because some dumb-ass caused a spill, possibly a fire, and blamed it on the locking mechanism.

Insurance companies in turn will then demand that gas stations remove the locking mechanism to decrease the likelihood of a fire due to a dumb-ass.

Just stick your gas cap under the trigger! Just like you usually would....

That or goto a full serve station and serve yourself.... they have the mechanisms there!

Why do they sell beer and even beer cans individually at gas stations...so you could take one for the road???

AudioAltima said:
Just stick your gas cap under the trigger! Just like you usually would....

That or goto a full serve station and serve yourself.... they have the mechanisms there!

thats exactly what I do.... oh 67$ for my fill up lat night, I am luving it.

I saw gas filler nozzles for sale at this store in ottawa, with much fancier mechanisms than anything I've seen at a quebec gas station. Buy one, then next time you go to fill up just pinch the hose, change nozzles and fill up.

Where I work, the springs on the mechanisms on 2 of the pumps are broken. Not a problem if the person wants a fill up, but if the guy only wants $20 then you have to remember to pry it up with another finger otherwise it won't turn off.

am i the only one here who doesn't fill their car in the summer? unless I am going on a long trip, I don't fill past half - I don't need to lug around the extra weight. In the winter, I try to keep it full to fight condensation, but in the summer, I don't see the point...

67Continental said:
am i the only one here who doesn't fill their car in the summer? unless I am going on a long trip, I don't fill past half - I don't need to lug around the extra weight. In the winter, I try to keep it full to fight condensation, but in the summer, I don't see the point...

same here

because I fill up ultramar on thursdays, half a tank will last me 3 days.

Edit: I much rather drive with 5 liters in the tank all day long though, 140 pounds of gas is a lot.

I always fill it up, I also have a full size spare and a 3 ton jack in the trunk (along with many oils and liquids) and I cant see the difference so why bother...

You guys oughta get a V8 :bigup:

Used to fill up all the time with my credit card... Now that I've seen the effects of abusing credit, I only put in gas when I can afford to pay right out of my pocket so it's usually $10-15 :p If I'm feeling rich I put in $20 haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back