That's a serious Honda!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxplosif1

Banned
Who will have the first daily driven honda in the 10's? This dude in Virginia must be kicking some ass in the streets :D

Oh yeah. No nitrous.

001.jpg

1993 honda civic dx hatchback
perfect body/paint......s2000 silver
fiber images carbon fiber hood
sparco hood pins
15" volk te37's, bronze w/ drag radials
drive shaft shop stage 5 axles
13" bogarts
25" m&h slicks
15" skinnys
skunk2 coilovers (front)
skunk2 coilovers with drag springs (rear)
4 koni yellows
hybrid tranny
quaiffe lsd
clutchmasters twin disc clutch
b18c1 block
je 10:1 pistons
crower rods
inlinepro headgasket (9.2:1 overall compression)
ported/polished gsr head
gsr cams
big valves
springs/retainers
stp sheetmetal intake manifold
4 310 rc injectors
4 550 rc injectors
2 str fuel rails
ported gsr throttle body
inlinepro t4 turbo exhaust manifold
60-1 t4 ball bearing turbo
tial 46mm wastegate
skyline gtr intercooler
fluidyne radiator
slimline fan
custom piping
3" downpipe
3" thermal exhaust, no cat
haltech e6k programmable engine management
3 bar map sensor
2 msd 6a's
mitsubishi coilpacks
custom rosado racing hal sensor pick up
ngk plugs/wires
big ass fuel pump
inline fuel filter
aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
10an steel braided fuel line
6an steel braided fuel return
greddy profec b dual stage boost controller
greddy 60mm boost gauge w/memory
greddy 60mm egt gauge w/memory
greddy turbo timer
autometer water temp gauge
autometer fuel pressure gauge
autometer volt gauge
autometer 5" tach w/ memory
del sol seats
5 point racing harness
6 point chromoly roll cage
rockford fosgate cd player w/detachable face
rear sway bar

10.70 @ 134mph
street legal (depending on state)
2450 lbs, car and driver

dyno'd 509 hsp to the wheels and 319 ft/lbs of torque

And a grand total of XX XXX $ in mods :(
BTW... for all those 96+ civic owners... you got 18 000 US $ to spend on an engine ? ... get urslef the top fuel civic engine.. installation included... I'll try to get the specs once i'll be home :)

Originally posted by xxplosif1
Who will have the first daily driven honda in the 10's?

What if it's a daily driven Talon? Oh wait, John Sheppard ran a 9.61 with his... and that was on DOT tires.

10's, YAWNNN! :boaring:

OK, I'll do something with you. Run 11's and I'll run 10's, OK? :goofy:

Re: Re: That's a serious Honda!

Originally posted by MonOncTsi

What if it's a daily driven Talon? Oh wait, John Sheppard ran a 9.61 with his... and that was on DOT tires.

while Titan was running 9.00 @ 160 mph with their Supra, also on DOT tires. :p

Shepherd's Talon is insane, however... sucks he put stickers on the sides (ACT Clutches as a sponsor, i think...) :D

Re: Re: Re: That's a serious Honda!

Originally posted by Derf
while Titan was running 9.00 @ 160 mph with their Supra, also on DOT tires. :p

Touché! :)

The fun part is that the fastest ever daily driver car on radial tires is a Mustang or something at high 8's! So the fastest car in this category could soon be an import with a tiny 3.0L engine! :)

Talking about imports kicking domestics asses, Paisley told me that his pickup is powered by a normally aspirated 5.4L V-8 (which means no Nitrous or turbos) that runs deep into the 7's! :eek:

Japanese V-8 are knocking on the 6's door! Someday soon, maybe some of them will be able to compete at the top with the "real" drag racers! Mmmm.....

What if it's a daily driven Talon? Oh wait, John Sheppard ran a 9.61 with his...
and that was on DOT tires.

10's, YAWNNN!

OK, I'll do something with you. Run 11's and I'll run 10's, OK?

Sheppard this sheppard that :rolleyes:
What about that beautiful system called AWD?? I think you forgot to mention about this. It's a fast car but i'm sure you know that sheppard's DSM is a pain in the ass to drive around town cause of the transmission? I've read it about his car.

Where's the fastest daily driven FWD talon?. Show me a fast one. This is what i'm talking about in this post, a front wheel drive car, no RWD or AWD. Obviously they'll have the advantage on the E.T :rolleyes: What would happen if this 10 second (yaaawnnn) civic would be AWD?

It's fun to compare cars like a Talon, a Supra with a civic but remember, a civic is still a civic and it's easy to afford. Not like a Supra! $$$$$$$

I'm not saying that it's cheap to get a civic in the 10's but easy to get one in the 12's or high 11's. I'd be cool with that.

I know you're a DSM fan Mononc but don't mess up my thread! :p ;)

Ouais ... mechant char la Civic ...

Une autre qui est vraiment hot. Vous connaissez surement Francis Tassé ? Je connais ce gars la, vraiment debile la puissance de son char .. il a fait 11.46 @ 131MPH avec ca Civic 4 portes 5gen ... pis son char c'est un VRAI Daily Driver, je le vois TOUT LE TEMPS ..

Il est rendus aux alentours de 11.2x @ 134 mph avec la nitro. Sans la nitro on parlent d'un grocery getter 4 portes (!) qui roule du 11 haut @ 120-121 mph. Pas pire!

Ouais c'est vraiment bon ... Pis le look , ca parait pas . 4 portes droppé avec des 18 pouces .. that's all .

aren't there some huge chrome stickers on the sides too? or they're magnetic, and he only uses them at the track?

J'avoue que je fais un peu de la pollution de thread... mais pour en revenir aux FWD vs AWD... Pourquoi se casser la tête à mettre des slicks quand tu peux faire 9 avec des radiaux? :)

OK, OK, est cool la Civic! Pis la 4 portes à Francis Tassé itoo! Je devrais être bien placé pour le savoir, il est passé à côté de moi sur le quart de mile comme si j'étais en .... Civic. ;)

i'll be looking for a Talon between February and April, if anyone knows of one for sale... between 7 and 9g's please leave me a message...i'm lookin for the 95+ model

Pourquoi se casser la tête à mettre des slicks quand tu peux faire
9 avec des radiaux?

Si honda ferait des civic AWD ca serait cool. C'est la force des Talons! Mais on est FWD, on ne peut rien y faire. Les gars s'arrangent avec ce qu'ils ont. Peux-tu imaginer un instant la civic à Tassé sur des drag radiaux? LOL Je serais surement plus vite que lui sur le 1/4 de mile! Alors imagine cette civic de plus de 500 WHP!! :eek:

Derf: I have no idea about the stickers. I don't know if those are magnetic or not :confused:

I know that he drives the car on weekends but it's not his "real" daily driver. I spoke with him a few times on honda-tech.com via email and instant messages and he told that he's loosing traction when he push it too much on the highway :eek: Kinda scary! It's full interior except for the backseats. It has all door panels, radio, carpet, dash etc etc.

There's another fast one in virginia. It's a blue CRX that does the 1/4 mile in the area of low 10's at about 140 mph. I'll try to find some pix.

Originally posted by xxplosif1
Si honda ferait des civic AWD ca serait cool. C'est la force des Talons! Mais on est FWD, on ne peut rien y faire.

Honda a faite des civic AWD... merdique..:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back