Motorcycle insurrance quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeeArrSixXeR

Legacy Member
How much do bike owners pay insurrance a year, hopefully i'm getting a motorcycle next year (1995-1996 600cc sport bike):D and was wondering about insurrance quotes...next year i'll be 20 so will it cost me an arm and a leg? :(
Thnx for your answers:bigup:

you are usually only insured from Spring/Summer to Fall..and storage (fire, theft,vandal) for the winter..

it depends how old you are, what kinda bike (sport, crusier,touring, etc) what kinda displacement (cc) even what color of the bike, etc..

I can give you some references to the best or cheapest ones in quebec/canada if u want :D

i don't have insurance yet (next week) automatic insurance with a transit sticker.. but i was quoted 1200 $ one way. ZX-6R, i am 20.

Originally posted by SKY
$1200 one way for a motocycle insurance?
Wow, that's much more expensisive than I tho. :eek:
Yeah i know, i guess it's the price to pay for 0-100km/h in under 4 secs :D

im actually paying much less (750) that was the highest quote..

but 2 way is the way to go if your bike is worth something probably like 3000$ a year on a brand new bike for a young rider..

it's really discouraging

Alright, I just called my insurance broker and here's what she told me.

25yr old guy (I'm 24 now, but 25 next spring when I get the bike. Add about 500$ to each for the 24 yr old price), perfect record. First bike. Three years having my liscence.

1080$ for a 1999 Honda CBR600F4 (bike worth about 6800$)
1006$ for a 1999 Kawasaki ZX-7R (bike worth about 7000$)

both with 500$ deductable, no alarm, 2 way, year round, taxe inc. These prices were the best she found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back