It's been a while but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteZomby

I'm back. Just wanted to say hello to all the new guys and galls and to the old friends that remember me. It's been a while I know, I was busy with the motorcycle and moving into my new house and everything but I'm back now. I'm in the process of building another car now and will be racing next season for sure. Can't wait to have another project car running. Well see ya later.

What's new.. nothing much really... still one of the best "montreal/quebec racing" board (for the car scene events, technical questions, etc. ;)
Maybe the "new" stuff is maybe the number off ppl talking about cops, and tickets, and "bi tch in" over everything... but eh.. can't do anything about it really.. and since mr's getting so popular.. it's normal.. there's always a few troublemakers in a crowd ;)

Hey Hugo.. whats up

how have you been, long time no talk
ill give you a call this week. I have some questions about turbo!!!

Tyler

I know what you mean. I left this place at the beginning of summer actually. I bought a bike (1998 GSX-R 750) and I was really into the bike thing but I just couldn't stay away from cars for very long. I just love cars so much (no wonder I work in a scrap yard). I was going on every bike board and riding all the time so no time for cars but I've missed car for to long and I'm back for revenge. Alot of rice when I left also (I'm not pointing fingers at anybody).

I'm trying to buy this 93 Si hatch for dirt cheap right now (320 000km with a blown engine but basically, I just want the shell) and if that doesn't work well I might just have to sell the bike to build the project. My every day car is also for sale. I know I will regret driving a turboed Honda in the winter but I've done it before and it's the only way I can do things right now because I have absolutely no money left in the bank. I just bought a house and a new car (Protege with a 2 litre engine but that's the family car not my project car and I don't want to go crazy with it) plus the bike that I bought at the beginning of summer so that's why it will be for sale. I'm thinking 92 hatch with GSR swap or B20 with Vtec head plus forged internals and turbo. I already have a turbo kit in my garage right now so basically I just need a car for it. If I can't find anything cheap, I might just end up building my Integra. I don't really want to because it's a 91 and it is pretty heavy but if I can't find a cheap Civic, I might just go that way. All that's missing for my turbo setup is a fuel management. My last car was a 91 hatch with a 2000 B16 that I sold when I got my first daughter (she's 2 now and I have another one that's 7 months old but don't worry, I'm not one of those 40 year olds modifying my Civic, I'm 25 and very immature!!:bigup: ) and my car before that was a 92 Si hatch with a B18B and a nice little turbo kit running 12 psi. I want to run high 11s next year (keep in mind this will be my every day car and winter car also for at least this winter). What will happen is the car will be built this winter so I will drive it this winter but it will probable still be stock till maybe the end or March so I will have time to test and tune before next season. Well if you know anybody looking for a clean 91 Teg RS let me know or if you know anybody selling a cheap hatch (I don't care about condition, everything on the car will be redone and changed anyways, remember I work in a scrap yard so I have acces to all the parts I need).

Well enough rambling for now!!! Your probably sleeping anyways.:eek:

Cool Tyler, I can't wait to talk to you about your car and every thing else. I've missed you guys over here. So how's your car??? Man I got to come and see you this week or next. Is your civic at your moms or your dads??? Still have your Teg???

Nothing new with me except for the house (with the garage, I'm so happy), the bike (but you knew about that), a new car (Protege with the 2 litre engine and manual tranny and 16" mags family car) and my new daughter (she's 7 months old now). Either than that, same old. I still work nights at the bank and days at the scrap yard. You what's new???

Originally posted by WhiteZomby

my car before that was a 92 Si hatch with a B18B and a nice little turbo kit running 12 psi.
Well enough rambling for now!!! Your probably sleeping anyways.:eek:

Lol don't worry.. I read every little bit of it.. very interesting :) !!
I'm planning on the same swap I just quoted from you in my 2000 hb !! I know the 2000 hb is overwighted compared to the 92 models, but still.. ;) How fun is that setup ?! I really hope I'll have all the cash I need for the swap close to december, then going turbo maybe next summer... !! I'm only 19 so cash is not very abondant :p !! Cuz.. ok I don't have any kids, or house. but paying for my car (gas, insurance, plus the car itself) = ALOT of money :p (for me !!).. anyways.. I will probably talk to you, or Tyler (now that I know his name.. Atgrills) when I'll have the cash for the B18b swap :bigup:

No prob man, just call me when your ready and I'll get you a good deal for sure and don't buy anything without talking to me first.

Well I'm not saying your car will be slow, it's just that with the extra weight you'll have to carry around, I would go for a motor with more torque than a 1.6 litre engine like a B16 swap.

I will be talking to you then, not to worry ;)
And yes.. I'm pretty settled now... b18b is my goal.. I need torque.. ;)

Well if you need torque, may I suggest B20 swap. Same price, more torque and more power. The only down side is you have to find a B18B intake and exhaust manifold and ECU but that's not a problem with me because I have all those parts in my garage.

I might sound stupid... but what is a b20 ?!
I know H22, b18-b16, d16 etc.. but b20 ?! And same price has a b18b ?! Hummm good then ;) Anything not too expensive (say the same price range has a b18b swap) will be welcomed :bigup:

The B20 is a CRV block of 2 litres so a little more torque than a B18B but they are pretty rare. A nice legit B18B swap will run you around 2000$ (low miles and not to old).

Ohhhh yes true.. I heard...crv engines... with a b16 or b18c head = crazy swap... but I don't need vtec.. I prefer plain good ol' turbo :) So a Crv engine is the same price.. really ?! Wow.. but how heavy is that thing ?! And how well does it fit ?! Under/Over Steer ??

It's the same thing as a B18B swap and the block from the outside is the same, it's only internal dimensions that differ and it's the same weight. What I was thinking is just like you said, just CRV block (no head swap needed). You would have nice torque and good power and it would cost you about the same price as a B18B swap. Their not much more expensive.

:bigup: u got urself a happy b20 customer lol... now time to become a happy b20 driver then :) In other words... as soon as I got the money...that's the next thing that goes on my slow car ;)
Thanx for all the advice.. and... Wb ;)
Oh one last thing.. is the engine really solid ?! Say if I go turbo... it will last right ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back