Status
Not open for further replies.

MstrBlstr

Found this at another message board
m3.jpg

m3_1.jpg

m3_2.jpg

m3_3.jpg

Is that you doing the inside on corner 1? Pretty risky business. Hope you had fun in Mosport for the DE and Club Race.

I was at Lime Rock Park this weekend. Great weather too.

P1010001.jpg

Lee said:
Is that you doing the inside on corner 1? Pretty risky business. Hope you had fun in Mosport for the DE and Club Race.

By the time the people in my group figured out that I was on their bumper ready to pass on the start/finish straight the pass becomes a borderline late pass. I just get in front and slow down enough to make it. One thing I learned at this event is to never follow anyone close into 2 and 4. Shit happens there way too often.

Hey-G said:
Sick pics.

Man when aren't u at the track?

When there is snow on the ground!
But there are preliminary plans for a caravan to Sebring, Florida in January for 4-day Winterfest.

Hi Lee,

Looks like you finished the intake. Beautiful.

As for the corner 1 issue, people couldn't seem to understand the concept of lifting to let someone pass. You ended up having to go deep into 1 on the inside. Not really a big deal if you have strong brakes. And anyway it was dry and warm.

Emre

LanEvo said:
Hi Lee,

Looks like you finished the intake. Beautiful.

As for the corner 1 issue, people couldn't seem to understand the concept of lifting to let someone pass. You ended up having to go deep into 1 on the inside. Not really a big deal if you have strong brakes. And anyway it was dry and warm.

Emre

Yup sometimes drivers are so much into their bubble that they do not realize they are not alone, not to mention that some drivers take pride NOT to let others by... But it ony takes a driver meeting to remind them to let other cars go by and that it is not a race and having a clear rack is better that having cars bunched up.

Nonetheless, what happened to Cherif and Serge's racecar. I heard they had another "bad luck".

Lee said:
Nonetheless, what happened to Cherif and Serge's racecar. I heard they had another "bad luck".
Broken control arm. Pretty surprising considering the car was recently overhauled.

Emre

Lee said:

Did you know that this failure appened to 2 othe e30 M3 that week end?

2 of my customers had the same thing happened to the, 1 was lucky as the failure occured going up turn 5 and stopped in the geavel trap 12 inch fron the tire wall, we fixed it and he was back on track, but the second was not so lucky as the failure happened in turn 3 at full speed and crashed the car very badlyin the tire wall that send Im spinning on is top...the car is destroyed.

For you e30 M3 owners do a inspection of your tie rod lever so that there is no crack or bend.

Seb

www.pmiracing.com

touring_69 said:
Did you know that this failure appened to 2 othe e30 M3 that week end?

2 of my customers had the same thing happened to the, 1 was lucky as the failure occured going up turn 5 and stopped in the geavel trap 12 inch fron the tire wall, we fixed it and he was back on track, but the second was not so lucky as the failure happened in turn 3 at full speed and crashed the car very badlyin the tire wall that send Im spinning on is top...the car is destroyed.

For you e30 M3 owners do a inspection of your tie rod lever so that there is no crack or bend.

Seb

www.pmiracing.com

The usual failure on e30s and e36s is the balljoint. After 2 or 3 years of tracking it, it will just snap without any sign. From what I was told, this is not what happened to Cherif and Serge's car. Their failure is only for the e30 M3. The 4 Ackerman bolts located at the bottom of the strut, snapped. The e30 M3 strut is very different from the other cars and those 4 Ackerman bolts should be inspected and replaced from times to times, and always with 12.9 graded bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back