Corrolla GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vspec

Legacy Member
With it be possible to swap a supra '90 engine into a corrolla GTS and if so, how much for the engine? OR any other toyota RWD engine?

Yeah but the engin will need some work so I thought I'd be better if I put more money get somethin' turbo.

I love that spooling noise!

I want a really light car with big f***in' turbo engine plus there is too much celica on the road I want somethin' different.

Oh well back to 240sx I guess ...

ppl modify CORROLA'S now???? Since when was this happening????

Hi there!
I know a lot about Corolla Gt-s, I prolly know more about this car than I know about my '87 Celica Gt-s, anyway, let's get down to business.
Okay, so, I doubt you can put a supra engine in your Corolla gt-s for 2 main reason : #1 - A supra engine is 6 cylindre, wayyyyy larger than a 4 cylinder. #2 - You'd have to adapt you chassis for the new engine, wich would need a lot and a lot of work.
BUT!
If you have a Corolla Gt-s 1986, you have a strong weapon in hand, you could add a real race ready engine, that pops around 165 hp on it's own, that's without the exhaust system etc.
The engine is mostly the same (i.e: 1.6L, 16v, twin cam) but with the add of a Super Charge, wich is way more powerfull than a turbo (Turbo sucks!) so for around 3000$ you could have a 200bhp Corolla and smoke all those civics out there! Think about it!

- = Honda Rider's can bite my hairy @ss = -

Ho um.. yeah! I forgot to add the most wonderfull part about that special race ready engine, okay, so when I say it's race ready, you're probably laughing about a 165 hp engine, BUT! The power lies somewhere else..
Okay, so the engine is all made of cast iron, wich makes it way more heavyer than aluminum and other @#%$, but on this engine you can rev up to 11 000 rpm without fear, it's power peak is at 9 000 rpm, so you leave anyone in the dust.
Take care

dammet i love race ready engines. redline is set so dame high and the engines can take mad ass punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back