Supra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: engine swap

to munchy2000:

the engine is the same in a IS300 and a MKiv. It's the same 3.0L, inline 6, twin cam, the only difference resides in turbocharging. It's supposed to fit on the same brackets

And if doubt because the IS300 en gine is a VVT-i, note that the '98 supras were VVT-i too.

enjoy the ride!

Yah, thanks for the info! So the IS300 has the 22JZGTE engine too but without the turbos? Can the Gertrag tranny fit in there too?

re:supra

I think so, cause they're both RWD and the flywheel should be located at the same place.

supra

I don't know, I mean for some unknown reasons (to balance the weight on both sides of the car or for space reasons), it could be located on the other side of the engine, but it shouldn't. Or if it was mounted longitudinal, it would have to be another transmission pattern. Again, it should be mounted the same way.The fact is I don't know how it is mounted in a IS300, but I know for sure that it's the same engine.

It's like the Protegé 1.8L 95-98 and the Miata. Same engine, but the Protegé is mounted transversal and the Miata is mounted longitudinal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back