FS: rsx type s k20a2 full swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

eg4sheezy

hi guys, im dropping my k series project cause school has got me by the ****ing balls. Sorry, im just a little pissed off.

Anyways, if someone is interested in a type s swap: were talking a complete swap, just pulled out of the car:

YEAR 2002
24,000km on the swap
200 hp/151 lbs-ft
head
block
tranny (6 speed fun)
Header + intake
Throttle/shift cables
ECU with keys so you dont need Hondata to bypass the immobilzer.
Steering column with ignition so you can use the keys :D
FULL wiring, down to the fusebox!
stock type s gauge cluster (8000rpm)

Its legit, and VIN # will be provided and is on the swap.

All your missing are axles and shifter box (dont need them if your swapping in a 2001+ SIR), so get them from a scrapyard. I will consider these missing parts in my price.

Make offers, and serious ones only. Thanks
Please pm me.

**EDIT** 3200$

Last edited by a moderator:
nice! thats perfect for someone with an SiR, or someone who wants to do the swap in an older car... it would be great too

but for an SiR, bolt in everything you need is there!

thats right. all bolt in. Then again, with proper harnesses and mounts, u can swap this engine in anything 1988 and up.

Too bad your selling your k series parts for your swap. Hope you go through with it though. Comon man your so close k-pro and everything...

thanks for the bump.

eg4sheezy said:
thats right. all bolt in. Then again, with proper harnesses and mounts, u can swap this engine in anything 1988 and up.

Too bad your selling your k series parts for your swap. Hope you go through with it though. Comon man your so close k-pro and everything...

thanks for the bump.

that stage of my life has ended, I now have found new inspiration and desire to proceed... look out for it next spring, MAYBE a bit later, since im contemplating a few "extras" before i even start...

im presently taking offers, and the most interesting will go through

SO make an offer and ill let you know.

*edit*
also included:

FULL wiring, down to the fusebox!
gauge cluster (8000rpm)

thats all i could think of right now.

Pm me back.
TTT

i think it would be helpful, not only for the people bidding, but for the overall sale of the engine if you posted what the going rate was... that way you also might be able to avoid unpleasantries with the mods, since you will be listing a price.

i know your right nick, but honestly, i dont really know how much these go for in montreal or in canada basically. I see high sale prices over 3500$ US on honda-tech, k20a.org, etc., but it seems to me in canada, this engine is really not known for its potential, therefore no demand.

i think ill wait a while before i give an asking price, and see where that gets me. I hope mods wont be too pissed off. But if they dont like it, i will immediately put up a sale price.

I would love to see the engine go to you as it looks like you know your k series shit (by the way, you have one of the highest offers).Everybody else sees the k series as a foreign engine with too much custom work involved for installation but in fact, there isnt. basically, for them, b16>k20, which is wack.

For this reason, im sure this engine will go to someone who owns a 2001+ civic or even a base rsx. Even though it fits in pretty much anything: 88-91 civic/crx, 92-95 civic, 93-2000 integra, 96-2000 civic.

ANYWAYS, ttt

edit: added existing km on the swap.

Last edited:
bump for a great motor
hope you find your price cause I've heard that engine is a bitch to install in anything other then SIR or RSX but good luck anyways

thanks guys.

But about the difficulty of install anything pre-2001, its really not much more complicated than a b-series. Sure, you need to get some mounts and a engine harness, but its still pretty much plug and play.

It really helps to have the keys to the corresponding ecu like i do or else you would have to dish out an extra 1000$ at least for a hondata with immoblizer removal to be able to start the engine.

Thanks for the bump for a great engine indeed.

hmm dont i have to mod. my frame a lil to fit this engine into a 98 civic? isnt the manifold on that engine on a total diff. spot?????

badboyz said:
hmm dont i have to mod. my frame a lil to fit this engine into a 98 civic? isnt the manifold on that engine on a total diff. spot?????

what does the inmani have to do with the frame? its not like the manifolds bolt up to the frame or anything... i dont understand what you are trying to say at all.

you wont have to modify anything, i believe you will just need to grind off one bracket and then the mounts bolt on perfectly to both the chassis and the engine (provided you get pre-made ones, like hasport or hybrid-racing)

J_SPEC said:
C'est ben plus dur de qu'est-ce vous penser.

its said to be about as hard as an H22A swap... i wouldnt compare it to a B-series like said above

its not that its crazy hard, its just alot of little things that need to be taken into consideration... you need to fix up the fuel system, clutch lines, throttle cable, driveshafts, etc. If you get the right parts you shouldnt have too much trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back