FS: rsx type s k20a2 full swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for the comments. Try to keep the name calling at a minimum. But delsoxxxsir, please get your facts straight before misinforming everybody on this board about this engine and the swap.

1) i never called anybody an idiot on this board
2)TSX header fits PERFECT
3)yes i dont have axles, but if you read my first post, im already considering this in the price.But if you have an rsx or sir 2001+, you dont need them anyways.
4)k series lighter than b series (about 30 lbs)
5)k series lighter than h series (about 75 lbs)
6)engine placement opposite of drivers
7) 4+5+6=better handling, NOT worse.

And i dont "pretend" i know my shit about this swap, i DO know my shit. And so does Nick.

Anyways, lets start the bidding: 3200$ who up for 3300$. Do i hear 3300$?

TTT

comon guys, lets move on.

If you guys want to argue, go ahead, but go argue on msn or something and stop polluting the thread.Seriously.

TO the top.

sorry guys. going to have to delete these posts.

Please keep the arguing outside this thread (pm).

respect the seller.

Bump for the sale. *tu*

im glad you deleted them... sorry for taking over your thread but i was trying to defend the swap

now that the non-sense isnt posted i can move on, free bump for a great engine for a great price!

NickZed20 said:
In reality, considering how complete this setup is, I think here (montreal) the engine is worth around 4500$...

If he brought it down to cali or somewhere with high demand, he would see it sell for 5k EASY, and maybe as much as 6.5k (between 4k and 5k USD).

The motor comes with so much, you could part it out and make double what you could buy it from this guy for… it’s a shame that no one knows much about them around here, and that no one has the guts to do anything that hasn’t been done.

Honestly, its definitely worth 4500$ Canadian, but I would be surprised if he sold it for that much… no one around here seems interested in k-series.

well b18c5 ususally sell for around5-6k canadian with only motor tranny ecu wire harness so u could prolly get 7-8k for it with all the stuff u have extra.

i think nagano was selling it for 8k with tranny ecu wire harness and front suspension and brakes although mcphearson's suck but the brakes are good

good luck

btw if u would let it go for 4k (and u wont lol) i would prolly sell my h22 and put that instead

anyhow good luck again

skylox said:
well b18c5 ususally sell for around5-6k canadian with only motor tranny ecu wire harness so u could prolly get 7-8k for it with all the stuff u have extra.

i think nagano was selling it for 8k with tranny ecu wire harness and front suspension and brakes although mcphearson's suck but the brakes are good

good luck

btw if u would let it go for 4k (and u wont lol) i would prolly sell my h22 and put that instead

anyhow good luck again

its a K20A2... its not a type R (K20A)

this is a type S motor, and im pretty sure he would sell it for 4k

the type S motor and the type R motor differ only by the compression (via pistons, although not far off, like 0.4 less), intake manifold, cams, valvesprings, rods are a bit beefier, it has a different computer, and an LSD and final drive are different. different header (swapped out anyways) and a few other things that i cant remmeber off-hand.

if you are building the motor up, getting a type R is kind of pointless

THanks AC22, really appreciate it...things were getting a little out of hand here.

Dammit Nick, you always get to the replys before me. :thefinger , just kidding bro :D . The engine is a type s, NOT a type r, like Nick says. Nagano sells type r's for 7-8k. They dont sell type S engines.

Pm me if you can beat the best offer of 3200$. Gonna have to let go of my baby really soon.

TTT

NickZed20 said:
its a K20A2... its not a type R (K20A)

this is a type S motor, and im pretty sure he would sell it for 4k

the type S motor and the type R motor differ only by the compression (via pistons, although not far off, like 0.4 less), intake manifold, cams, valvesprings, rods are a bit beefier, it has a different computer, and an LSD and final drive are different. different header (swapped out anyways) and a few other things that i cant remmeber off-hand.

if you are building the motor up, getting a type R is kind of pointless

haha i know its a k20a and not a type r motor , but i dont see ur point in tellig me that? :dunno:

skylox said:
haha i know its a k20a and not a type r motor , but i dont see ur point in tellig me that? :dunno:

because nagano does not sell type S engines... a K20A is a TYPE R engine

The code for the engine being sold in this thread is K20A2, and they do not cost 7-8k

just felt i should post this up... no "some guy said", no maybes, nothing; this is jsut cold hard fact from the OWNER of HASport, brian g (im sure everyone, if you are reading this, is familar with the company)

4. Driveability suffers not at all. The engine is basically weight as the B-series motor and because the engine is opposite the driver the balance is better. Andrie Hartanto who races an EK in NASA's Honda Challenge H1 class said that there were no ill afects to his handling, in fact he picked up two seconds a lap.

http://www.k20a.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=934

EDIT: also some of my information was deleted about the headers... here is a sample of a TSX header, as you can see it will clear the crossmember

DCP_3106.JPG

NickZed20 said:
because nagano does not sell type S engines... a K20A is a TYPE R engine

The code for the engine being sold in this thread is K20A2, and they do not cost 7-8k

hmm u lost me here , i asked naji if he had type S motors and he showed me wat looked exaclty like a type S motor and he wanted 8k for it with front suspension and brakes.

and when u say k20a is a type r motor , u mean the japanese version of the rsx with 220hp?

skylox said:
hmm u lost me here , i asked naji if he had type S motors and he showed me wat looked exaclty like a type S motor and he wanted 8k for it with front suspension and brakes.

and when u say k20a is a type r motor , u mean the japanese version of the rsx with 220hp?

K20A = Type R motor (integra, civic, anything from japan actually; japanese motors do not have a numeric value at the end of the code... but most of the time when someone says K20A they would be speaking of that rated at 220ps)
K20A2 = RSX type S motor (nothing complicated)
K20A3 = Base RSX AND new Civic SiR (both slightly different from one another, but basically the same thing; power steering and intake manifold are different)
K24A3/4 = 2.4 L accord/element
K24A2 = 2.4 L TSX (200hp)
K24A1 = CRV

if your guy wanted 8k for a K20A2 engine, then that price is insanely high... he most likely showed you a K20A engine which has a red valve cover

hmm ok thats what i was thinking , but i really really dont get why some1 would pay 8000$ for a k20a when they can just get a k20a2 with 20 hp less and 4k in their pocket?

thats whats not making sence to me unless their is something else i am missing here :dunno:

skylox said:
hmm ok thats what i was thinking , but i really really dont get why some1 would pay 8000$ for a k20a when they can just get a k20a2 with 20 hp less and 4k in their pocket?

thats whats not making sence to me unless their is something else i am missing here :dunno:

thast the whole point... this is a SICK deal

usually this would sell for 4k USD, so up to 6k canadian... type R motors are like 5-6k usd, so like you said, around 8k canadian

there are advantages to the type R motor, but for this price i say:

- K20A2
- quaife LSD
- hondata kpro
- type R FD
- good header and intake system
- maybe some nicer cams and valvetrain aswell

you will have spent the same amount of money, but came out with a much nicer LSD, and a fully programmable ECU! its your choice, you are obviously rational since you realise the difference...

thanks nick. Yes this is an insane deal that nobody wants. It driving me insane *banghead*

Anyways, too bad for you guys who rather get a b16. *fag*

To the top for a sick engine.

So all you need to get after this is mounts, shifter, and manifold? thats it?

How much for all that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back