Car Tuning 101

VwAlex, Vu que tu semble connaitre les supercharger tu pourrais donner plus d'explication sur le sujet ?
j'ai jamais vraiment beaucoup chercher/compri le fonctionnement de c'est affaire la.
Pour moi sa reste un "turbo" qui marche a strap :D

200sxBoY said:
VwAlex, Vu que tu semble connaitre les supercharger tu pourrais donner plus d'explication sur le sujet ?
j'ai jamais vraiment beaucoup chercher/compri le fonctionnement de c'est affaire la.
Pour moi sa reste un "turbo" qui marche a strap :D

Un turbo est un supercharger qui marche avec l'exhaust ou vice-versa. Sauf que dans les supercharger il y a plusieur moyen de compresser l'air, pas juste la turbine. Je peut essayer de repondre au question mais honnetement je suis un gars de n/a anti-f/i sauf qu'il faut connaitre l'enemi! :laugh: :bigup:

Last edited:
Ha!, pis un livre qui en dit gros sur les turbos, est "Maximum Boost" par Corki Bell *tu* ............. tk, le nom du gars je suis pas sure comment l'ecrire. :p

mathieums said:
How can you make your 5 speed tramy a 6 speed one??
Add a extra speed to a existant 5 speed tranny is difficult, exept if you have a good machine shop, time and alot of monney. $$. Some comapanies made special kits aviable for difrent transmisions, but still very expensive. The best thing is, if your car comme with a optional 6 speed tranny, swap the entire tranny, clutch, and all the rest needed to compleat the job. A other way ins take a transmission from a other car and made it fit, lot of work.
Do you have a special project, or is just a question?

J.F

jfsanterre said:
Ha!, pis un livre qui en dit gros sur les turbos, est "Maximum Boost" par Corki Bell *tu* ............. tk, le nom du gars je suis pas sure comment l'ecrire. :p
Corky Bell , j'ai acheté ce livre et je l'ai mit dans mon premier post *tu*

jfsanterre said:
Add a extra speed to a existant 5 speed tranny is difficult, exept if you have a good machine shop, time and alot of monney. $$. Some comapanies made special kits aviable for difrent transmisions, but still very expensive. The best thing is, if your car comme with a optional 6 speed tranny, swap the entire tranny, clutch, and all the rest needed to compleat the job. A other way ins take a transmission from a other car and made it fit, lot of work.
Do you have a special project, or is just a question?

J.F

p-e... lidée de moder mon char commence a me hanter pomale... J'reve meme a sa... j'ai plein de projet, mais pour le moment jai pratiquement pas de skills en mécano pis faut que je paye au moins la moitier du char. Mais la moitier devrait etre payer cette été... feck jva p-e pouvoir commencer... entk

merci pour les infos

mathieums said:
p-e... lidée de moder mon char commence a me hanter pomale... J'reve meme a sa... j'ai plein de projet, mais pour le moment jai pratiquement pas de skills en mécano pis faut que je paye au moins la moitier du char. Mais la moitier devrait etre payer cette été... feck jva p-e pouvoir commencer... entk

merci pour les infos
C'est pour ta cavalier? car je ne vois pas vraiment d'avantages a metre ca 6 speed. je te conseille de garder ton argent pis de metre ca plus sur le cote moteur, tu vas gagne beaucoup plus. *tu*

jfsanterre said:
C'est pour ta cavalier? car je ne vois pas vraiment d'avantages a metre ca 6 speed. je te conseille de garder ton argent pis de metre ca plus sur le cote moteur, tu vas gagne beaucoup plus. *tu*

ok

merci

Ben je voulais en faire comme une bombe... mais c juste impossible, LOL

mais jva commencer pour le moteur, apres on vera

thx again :)

Here are various system used to optimize your car performance , It might help you understand engines a bit more :

Toyota VVTLI : http://www.toyota-europe.com/technology/engines/vvtl_i.html
HONDA VTEC : http://www.leecao.com/honda/vtec/index.html
Nissan NEO VVL : http://69.142.236.138/veseries/veseries.html ( Thanks to Warneck for this one )
Various System : http://www.mr2sc.com/websites/articles/vvt.htm

Im Not able to find info on ford ZETEC but it's some kind of hydraulic pressure that moves the cam gears to give advance in lift. I have heard that Volvo system (VVT?) is the same as Ford ZETEC but i can't confirm this one.

mathieums said:
Comment et qu'est-ce qu'on a besoin pour faire un drop de suspension?

Sac de sable dans le coffre...

Honnetement commence par un bon combo spring/shock. Si tu veut j'ai des springs eibach pour ton char qui traine chez nous, t'aura juste a t'acheter des shocks et installer tout ca. Tu peut aussi y aller avec les shocks stock mais prend en consideration que c'est pas l'ideale pour la tenue de route. Les eibach ont transformer literalement la voiture, si tu veut mon aivs c'est le premier upgrade a faire sur presque toute les voitures.

spring aftermarket sans shock aftermarket sa fit pas bien ensemble .
des shock stock sont fait trop mou *td*
Faudrait continuer d'updater ce thread mais j'avoue que j'sais plus quoi rajouter :dunno:

this thread is getting dead , even if it has 50% of all the info avaiable in this section *td*
i don't know what to add to it ... When i get more experience with some other stuff i might post again what ive learnt

200sxBoY said:
this thread is getting dead , even if it has 50% of all the info avaiable in this section *td*
i don't know what to add to it ... When i get more experience with some other stuff i might post again what ive learnt
You know why it's not a sticky? I really don't understand... how many newbies have asked questions to which the answers were here? Let's try to find some more information, you did an awesome job already *tu* .

sorry this is a little late but i will try to mor completly explain superchargers.

a supercharger is an air compressor that is driven by the accessori belt.

their are three common types of superchargers

centrifigle:

this supercharger looks mostlike a turbo. the difference is instead of using a turbine to drive the compressor turbine like a turbo . a small gearbox driven by the engine is used. the gear box is neccesary to creat the required number of rpms where the compressor is efficient. these supercharges can use the same intercoolers as turbos.

roots:

this is the most famous and most common supercharger. it works using two rotors that intersect and rotate in opposite directions inside a case. air is drawn in from the back or the top and exits compressed out the bottom. adding intercoolers to this style of supercharger is complex because the supercarger is part of the intake manifold so water to air is the only way to go.

twin screw: (whipple)

this supercharger is very similar to the roots style super charger. the diffrence is the rotors. the rotors on a screw type supercharger are as the name implies screws. again they rotate in opposit directions drawing air between them. the rason for the screw type is that it is more efficient than the roots style and adds less heat to the charge air.

i will try to ad pictures of the internal workings of all three supercgarges at a later date.

PS exelent thread.

Back