turbos...

T5shortblock said:
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/

The tech 101,102 and 103 should answer most of your question, one of the most complet turbo tech articles i have ever seen.

woah ! Voyez-vous se que je vois ? Une sunfire en tete d'affiche sur le site de Garrett . Sa doit faire mal aux ricer !! mouhahahhahaha J'dit pas sa pour faire chier personne car chu l'premier surpris d'voir sa .

Le pire la dedant c que ya meme pas de turbo kit pour l'ecotec sur le site lol j'catch pas trop mais bon sa vas venir j'suppose.

Pourquoi mal au ricer? C'est pas parce qu'il ny a pas de Turbo Kit Garrett que tu ne peux pas mettre de turbo Garret dessus!

Altyman said:
Pourquoi mal au ricer? C'est pas parce qu'il ny a pas de Turbo Kit Garrett que tu ne peux pas mettre de turbo Garret dessus!

C que moi pi la mecanique sa fait 2 et si j'achette un turbo sa vas etre un kit bin normal pour avoir entre 80 et 100 hp de plus . Sur ebay ya des kit et y sont pas cher . Le **** c que je c pas combien sa coute faire posé sa et sa m'revien a combien a la fin une fois fini de posé et ajusté . Moi chu du genre que quand je c exactement combien éconimisé sa me pousse a l'faire plus vite . Chu un grand dépencier ...

ElvisWong said:
C que moi pi la mecanique sa fait 2 et si j'achette un turbo sa vas etre un kit bin normal pour avoir entre 80 et 100 hp de plus . Sur ebay ya des kit et y sont pas cher . Le **** c que je c pas combien sa coute faire posé sa et sa m'revien a combien a la fin une fois fini de posé et ajusté . Moi chu du genre que quand je c exactement combien éconimisé sa me pousse a l'faire plus vite . Chu un grand dépencier ...
Dans ce cas la, fais le tour des speedshops et demandes-leur ce qu'ils peuvent faire! Et je n'acheterais JAMAIS un turbo sur EBay...

Faouzi 1.8T said:
The boost is the pressure at which the air is compressed.
The CFM is the amount of air going through something (like piping and intake manifold)
A big turbo that spools at 7 psi equals the CFM of a small turbo that spools at 15 psi for example.
For a quick, easy to understand example: Blow in a straw (you might be able to acheive 1 psi) and blow in a towel paper tube (0 psi) but there is alot more air exiting the end in the tube than in the straw.
It's that easy.
Another example, I'm running my K03 sport at 18 psi and i hardly have 210whp and a buddy of mine is runing 20 psi with his gt30R and he got dynoed @ 301whp. Notice the difference!? the actual compression of the air very similar but since he's got about 2 times more air flow (CFM) it ends up producing 100whp more than my set-up. This may sound strange but it's the honnest truth of PHYSICS...

I hope that this helped
:D

heuuu!! j'aimerais avoir plus d'info sur se principe la, mais en francais...
pour etre sur que je comprends, si je remplace le turbo d'origine sur mon rx7, par un plus gros mais que je boost le meme nombre de psi qu'avant de le changer mais avec le nouveau turbo je vais aller chercher plus de puissance??

tougelover said:
heuuu!! j'aimerais avoir plus d'info sur se principe la, mais en francais...
pour etre sur que je comprends, si je remplace le turbo d'origine sur mon rx7, par un plus gros mais que je boost le meme nombre de psi qu'avant de le changer mais avec le nouveau turbo je vais aller chercher plus de puissance??

CFM est un unité qui sert a mesurer le debit
Psi est un unité qui sert a mesurer la Pression

oui, avec un ecu reprogrammer bien-sûr. Parce que sinon ton mélange air essence va etre trop pauvre en gaz qui rentre, tu devra peut etre aussi changer ton exshaust system a partir du turbo. Tu devra surment aussi changer ta pompe a gaz. Cé des setup qui marche pas toujours du premier coup

Last edited:
well, to add to this thread, maybey some of you agree and some dont, but taking an engine like a B18 or any N/A Engine and slapping on a turbo is fine n dandy but when it comes to reliability you cant touch an engine which came Turbo from the factory like an SR20DET or 3SGTE. Sure youll do the pistons and bring down the compression.All im saying is. Why turbo something that was never meant to be turbo in the first place. The motor might take a beating and 15 pounds of boost all day long, but youll be burning oil and eventually youll blow your motor. I guess all im saying is, If youre really horney for Turbo, buy something that came with it, youll save money and problems.

Last edited:
surfinturf said:
well, to add to this thread, maybey some of you agree and some dont, but taking an engine like a B18 or any N/A Engine and slapping on a turbo is fine n dandy but when it comes to reliability you cant touch an engine which came Turbo from the factory like an SR20DET or 3SGTE. Sure youll do the pistons and bring down the compression, all im saying is. Why buy turbo something that was neevr meant to be turbo in the first place. Sure it might take a ebating and 15pounds of boost all day long, but youll be burning oil and eventually youll blow your motor. I guess all im saying is, If youre really horney for Turbo, buy something that came with it, youll save money and problems.
Totally true

i think the first thing before doing something like adding a turbo to a NA car is to setup goal , what will you b doing with the car and what power ur looking for. Bolt on kit r good if ur goal is to get a reasonnable amount of power by running stock interns with 5-6 PSI kuz like someone else said earlier their usually small with small intercooler , theres no need to go with a big turbo if u dont plan to go the whole way ur just have a bigger lag. But if ur planning on going bigger later down the road with most of bolt on u will have to replace everything and loose alot of money. so the decision is really about how much hp ur looking for and remember 1 thing boost is adictive

J'aimerais Avoir Des Information Pour Augmenter Le Boost Sur Mon Sky Turbo
(2.0 L Turbo) Et Qui Pourais M'aider. Merci

ceramic coating

ya une shop a mascouche qui font le ceramic coating sur turbo,,,je pense que c'est mr performance,,ya tu quelqu'un qui as leur telephone,,il me semble que leur web etait www.mr-performance.com mais je ne peut le voir??

i am so sorry but this site is in french (i think) so i'm feeling around i need to know where to go to ask them if they have a ABS skid control computer for my 1999 twin turbo toyota aristo, i know i've posted in the wrong forum but i can't read french can u help

Je sais que le sujet date de longtemps mais j'ai une question.

Quelqu'un sait comment fonctionne les setup twin charged?
Supercharge +Turbo

et aussi ceux twin turbo.
Je me suis toujours demander de quelle facon ca fonctionnait.

Back