turbos...

N'oublis pas que les turbos géométrie varillable sont dans les Diesel qui émette des gaz d'échapement bien moins chaud que sur une voiture a escense... de 800deg pour diesel a plus de 1500deg pour du gaz.

Tous les VW tdi on des turbos a géométrie varillable. Aucune wastegate... c'est pour ca que c'Est un bidule activé au vacume et que ca coute une fortune a réparer a moins que tu aille chez attelier HP.

300zx twin turbos

Hi guys, I have a canadian 300zx stock and I want to make it a twinturbo. I want to upgrade the turbos that will be install to have more power than a stock twinturbo.
For personnal reason I dont want to buy a canadian one already turbo du to the many thousands dollars invested in my car and the extremely low milage.
What do I have to do change, modify and put to make it having 400-430hp compare to what I have to do to just have a stockone with 300hp...''forger les pistons'', rods, setting the cumputer etc!
Also what will we have to do to go from an already twin turbo(300hp) to have430hp!
And how approximatly it will cost( 7000-12000$)!
Also what type of turbo and model is suggest for that !

Thanks a lot, I appreciate!!

^ Pis c'est ou es-ce que tu trouve ça un turbo avec géométrie variable et à quel prix? Je connais personne qui roule un turbo comme ça!!! C'est parce que c'est encore très dispendieux, rare et la fiabilité reste douteuse. Le mécanisme qui est directement exposer à des chaleurs intense à tendanse à figer.

Anyway, même en twincharge, je trouve que sa "lag"........ On s'entend que même sur le lag je développe plus de 300hp.... mais quand le turbo "kick", c'est 200hp de plus. Ça fait une méchante différence et c'est la parti à 300hp que je considère comme du lag. Tout sa pour dire que du lag il va toujours en avoir. Pis tant mieux parce que c'est dur à contrôler une traction qui aurais 450lbs/trq @ 2500 rpm.

Davepf

if price isnot an issue, at the Porsche dealership. :p

whoa, vieux thread!

Y'a une facon "d'adapter" la géométrie variable a un turbo conventionnel... ca prends un twin-scroll par exemple.

Ca prends un genre de cut-out sur un des 2 trous de l'inlet de la turbine, t'en bloque un des 2 et quand ca spool tu ouvre le 2e.

IMG_0175.jpg

Corky Bell - Maximum Boost

chapters has it.

I have it in .doc format if anyone wants it...

C'est logique . Mais bon , ca fonctionne tu bien ? Je me pose bien des questions au sujet du rendement low boost jusqu'a la transition . Il fallait y penser .

C'est logique . Mais bon , ca fonctionne tu bien ? Je me pose bien des questions au sujet du rendement low boost jusqu'a la transition . Il fallait y penser .

Supposé que ca fonctionne super bien. Y'a plusieurs personnes sur TTF qui l'ont essayé et ont obtenus des résultats positifs.

Hi Folks I'm new at the turbo's, a friend has a 87 Supra turbo how can he make sure the turbo is running in top shape, what is there to look for and what minor mods can be done to make it run at its best.

Tks

Hi guys, I have a canadian 300zx stock and I want to make it a twinturbo. I want to upgrade the turbos that will be install to have more power than a stock twinturbo.

For personnal reason I dont want to buy a canadian one already turbo du to the many thousands dollars invested in my car and the extremely low milage.

What do I have to do change, modify and put to make it having 400-430hp compare to what I have to do to just have a stockone with 300hp...''forger les pistons'', rods, setting the cumputer etc!

Also what will we have to do to go from an already twin turbo(300hp) to have430hp!

And how approximatly it will cost( 7000-12000$)!

Also what type of turbo and model is suggest for that !

Thanks a lot, I appreciate!!

you should just swap the engine for a VG30DETT and swap the ECU

Could be the wrong section to ask this but here goes. Good chance I did some damage to my turbo last night, when under boost it gives the same noise as if you put a blade of grass between your thumbs and blow ( best way I can describe the sound ), no smoke and motor runs fine. It is at the shop now and will be looked at soon.
The person who is looking at it has a turbo from a Skyline that he will sell me for $200 if I need one, it has been in his trailer for about a year, he claims it is in great shape.
Any thoughts or things I should look for? Thanks... Hate buying used but I just had this turbo rebuilt by Blast two years ago and do not want to rebuild again.

Pro tip: stay away from Blaast.

You're better off with a good used turbo than a freshly rebuild Blaast unit.

Back