cut springs... how bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickrob said:
cé tu si dure acheter des springs ?
Not sure if that was to me, but if it was, I don`t feel like changing the entire setup for 1inch, might end up doing it but only if cutting that little off is dangerous

MontrealspecV said:
I was watching an episode of overhauling on TLC 2 or 3 weeks ago and I saw the guys cut the springs on the car they we're working on because the suspension was not fitting like they wanted to. My gues if these guys do it, it should be OK. :dunno:
fukin word man. if t.v. can do it, so can I

Cutting Springs

Listen, you can cut springs and save money, but is the price you save worth the price of your life and others on the road.

I just don`t see the logic of spending 400$ for 1 inch or even .5 inch, when I already have aftermarket springs

Ridin LO said:
I just don`t see the logic of spending 400$ for 1 inch or even .5 inch, when I already have aftermarket springs
im pretty sure all these people are talking to the topic started and not you..since you already have lowering springs

wow, i should have known that all the fast and furious turned JDM YO' people were going to come in this thread and post useless sh*t to up their post count to out whore each other.

asking a simple question can be so complicated here.
especially when you have the resident dumbass come in with an extremely valuable post.
bwmmcoupe said:
nothing is wrong with cutten half a coil

i know its not good to cut a coil. i dont want to throw money away for nothing.
i just need someone who can explain, WITH ACTUAL experience lets say, that can tell me either its ok or not. I REALLY dont need you initial D people telling me cutting springs is the devil then run away when i ask for an explanation.

ANYWAYS.
here are some pics so people could formulate an informed decision.
spring1.jpg

spring2.jpg

spring3.jpg

spring4.jpg

spring5.jpg

spring6.jpg

uhhh dude... just get the lowering springs

they arent that expensive plus you can keep your stock ride height for winter

dude thats pretty ghetto... but to tell you the truth man, just call PO and get a new shock + spring

it will be super easy

ill tell him to sell it to you for like $15 because there is a low demand, he will buy it

wait is that it? i havent been down there for a while... i thought it was more the other way *tu*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back