Custom ecu programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'masmackyou

Hi all!

I'm new here and I just found out about this site. Hopefully someone can tell me if they now a place near Montreal where I could get custom software burned for my car. I have presently a 318is running at 8 psi. I'm planning to up the boost to 14 psi with larger injectors. But to do this I will need a new ecu program. Can somebody help?

Thanks

you want to keep the stock ECU? People turboing their BMW use to go with Megasquirt, the 300$ DIY programmable ECU. You can learn more about it on the e30tech forum and on the official Megasquirt website.

Thanks for the reply!.
I've heard of megasquirt, splitsec, PCIII and unichip. The problem is that you have to program them and install them yourself. I'm trying to avoid that. I was hoping to give my car to somebody for the day and have him program a chip for me. Is there any megasuirt dealers or tuners near by montreal wich can install and tune it for me?

It require a few dyno sessions, go on the dyno get some data including Air fuel ration and then we could order a custom chip for you! BUt you might need to do it a few times! And it can get expensive when you count the dyno time and the cost of the chips!

But an engine management is the best way to go! Try AEM! they are cheap and do everything :bigup:

I'masmackyou said:
Hi all!

I'm new here and I just found out about this site. Hopefully someone can tell me if they now a place near Montreal where I could get custom software burned for my car. I have presently a 318is running at 8 psi. I'm planning to up the boost to 14 psi with larger injectors. But to do this I will need a new ecu program. Can somebody help?

Thanks

Adding fuel is just one part of the equation. To go to 14 psi on a M42 or M44 engine which have 10:1 CR you will need to lower the CR (compression ratio) by installing low CR pistons or a copper head gasket. An intercooler would be a good thing to have too.

I'masmackyou said:
Hi all!

Thanks

check PM...! *tu*

Turbo_Bimmer said:
Adding fuel is just one part of the equation. To go to 14 psi on a M42 or M44 engine which have 10:1 CR you will need to lower the CR (compression ratio) by installing low CR pistons or a copper head gasket.

Well I'm in the process of installing a thicker headgasket from VACMotorsports. It's .120" thick. They said it will lower my compression to ~9:1.

Turbo_Bimmer said:
An intercooler would be a good thing to have too.

Already have one! :bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back