juss lil Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite

Legacy Member
lil question
i try to put gsr engine to ma civic 95 si, but i think of 2000 sir engine too. which would b more efficient???
thx

btw, which sound of vtec u guys prefer?? sir or gsr??
and i wanna see the difference of sound of those two vtecs. do u guys have any sound file of it??

I dont get your question..

its like comparing a GSR to a Type R

obviously the GSR is better because it has more HP.. whats there to talk about except your money situtation!

Tyler

The 2000 SiR and the B18C1 both have the same 180HP if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry man, but you're mistaken on this one...

2000 SIR USDM = 160 HP
2000 SIR JDM ( if you find this !!! ) = 170 HP

94+ GSR USDM ( B18c1 ) = 170 HP, but a lot of torque more...
94+ GSR JDM ( B18c ) = 180 HP again way more torque.

Hope it helps...

Go for the GSR...

torque

sir: 111 lb-ft @ 7000 rpm
gsr: 128 lb-ft @ 6200 rpm
itr: 130 lb-ft @ 7500 rpm (way more torque:dunno: )

oh, well, i better go for gsr then. i was juss doubting cuz of the money i'll b spending . cuz if there's no huge diff, i wanted to save up some dollar by juss getting sir.
but thanx anyway

oh btw, is the sound different between sir and gsr?? i never was in sir b4. juss curious. cuz one of the reason i wanna swap to gsr or sir is cuz i luv the sound of vtec . lolz

if anyone can show me the diff(if there is) plz let me know.

aite peace out

IMO, the SIR vtec crossover is a little more "violent" in term of sound... But you'll hear your GSR Vtec crossover very cleary with a nice exhaust system !!!

on an SiR you hear the VTEC crossover clearly if you have a cone filter.

On a GSR the VTEC crossover is really tough to hear. But you get a similar sound "kick" when the secondaries open at 5700

Originally posted by B18B_92Civic

Sorry man, but you're mistaken on this one...

2000 SIR USDM = 160 HP
2000 SIR JDM ( if you find this !!! ) = 170 HP

94+ GSR USDM ( B18c1 ) = 170 HP, but a lot of torque more...
94+ GSR JDM ( B18c ) = 180 HP again way more torque.

Hope it helps...

Go for the GSR...

My bad, but there is a 180HP B16 for the CTR. Here are the specs:

http://www.bseries.net/html/specs/benginespecs.php

It would be worthless to buy the engine I'm sure, since the cost is just too damn high.

The sound my engine makes matters VERY much to me.

I love music, but I'd much rather hear the sound of a nicely tuned engine anyday. Ever drive or hear a ferrari from the outside? Sonic Orgasm. An N/A porsche? The throaty growl is awsome.

VTEC engines scream and whail very high. They sound nice (matter of opinion) and I wouldn't trade my AEM for aything, and I can't wait to get an exhaust and hihflow cat just to enhance it.

I belive if you are really into cars, as a hobbyist, you must enjoy the sound of a nice engine.

-Ohlias

I never said vtec does not sound good.

I said the point of vtec is not sound but performance! Sound is a by product.

I love the cars you mentionned, not for the sound they make. I think cai's are good, not for the sound.

performance

cai and stainless steel cat-backs can make a d15 engine sound decent.

I'm into cars, I like the sound of a nice engine, but I prefer what is the reason of this by product.

The sound my engine makes matters VERY much to me.

I love music, but I'd much rather hear the sound of a nicely tuned engine anyday. Ever drive or hear a ferrari from the outside? Sonic Orgasm. An N/A porsche? The throaty growl is awsome.

VTEC engines scream and whail very high. They sound nice (matter of opinion) and I wouldn't trade my AEM for aything, and I can't wait to get an exhaust and hihflow cat just to enhance it.

I belive if you are really into cars, as a hobbyist, you must enjoy the sound of a nice engine.

-Ohlias
--------------

Ohlias!, yea dat's exactly wha im sayin ! lolz sound does matter to me yo!

and matt, of course we see the performance of the engine first than a sound, but im juss saying that i luv vtec sound, i never said vtec is good cuz of the sound. and i juss wanted to know if there's diff in sound between sir and gsr.

sir's and itr's have single stage intake manifolds, where as gsr have dual stage intake manifolds.

sir's and itr's have a more manifest feeling when vtec kicks in where as gsr feel a little more gradual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back