WRX Trannys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NeonGreg said:
Is it true that the trannys are "glass"

j'ai peté la mienne a 22000 km ... faut juste pas les brasser... pis par brasser jveut dire domper a 6200 rpm... c'est pas un civic... quand tu dompes c'est pas les tires qui brulent...c'est les gears qui absorbent tout ca.... :cry:

i bet they aren't as "glass" like as everyone claims. however, these cars get driven hard, and anything other than a 3000$ gear set would probably fail just the same after what the WRX trannys go through. AWD bites hard if it suddenly finds grip.

but i might be talking about my ass.

S.G.D said:
i bet they aren't as "glass" like as everyone claims. however, these cars get driven hard, and anything other than a 3000$ gear set would probably fail just the same after what the WRX trannys go through. AWD bites hard if it suddenly finds grip.

but i might be talking about my ass.

no you are pretty much dead on. It's not fragile it's just that like you said, those trannys take alot of abuse and a AWD tranny has to take alot more abuse then a fwd where the tires will likely loose grip before the gears get hurt.

I went from a turbo Integra to a WRX and my first tanny did not even make it to my first oil change. I was being stupid with it (I know) but it was fun while it lasted. The next tranny I installed (myself as this was a swap) lasted way longer but I had to be alot more carefull with it. You can also help your tranny alot by using the right kind of oil in that tranny. Look around in some Scuby forums for more info in this. :bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back