volkswagen diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd guess something like 358517.3

... no but seriously, it all depends on how you maintain it... some will make it to 500K easy, others die at 250K

pioneer13 said:
so about 500 000km in total or more????

Gtiandmore031.jpg

This is my dad mk2 diesel kilometer...the car still very strong and the engine is so smooth...and today...the kilometer is higher !! Just to give u an idea ! :bigup:

My friend has 505000km on his 1990 Jetta TD.

We're replacing the head (started a leak, got a few spare parts) and doing a timing belt job soon. The car was never beaten to death but it's was pushed hard daily. (hills, upper laurentians, 130km/h often) (Ste-Agathe-Mirabel, Mirabel-St-Hubert and Mirabel St-Faustin on a daily basis, minimum 150km/day)

If the engine are well maintained (preventive maintenance); they'll outlast a body or 2.

I've seen 652700km on a 1992 Jetta TD. Cause of death. Car crash.

jai vu des diesel avoir 600 700 mile kilo, ca dépend comment tu l'entretien, jai entendu que le gros de L,entretien ce fait a 200 mile kilo, puis apres il te reste a changer la timing belt au 100 mile kilo. Roule la a la synthétique (moteur et tranny) abuse en pas trop et tu va etre en business pour établir un record du monde. :laugh:

if you take care of your engine, it lasts forever! :p
i was in a mercedes diesel taxi, the guy told me a story about how his last diesel car past 1,000,000KMs :eek:
:bigup:

I got 279,000 on mine and runs like a charm. Actually runs better than my gas Jetta. Long live diesels.

My uncle did over 1 000 000 with his.. it was a taxi so it ran almost 24/7... There is no limit to how long it can last...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back