**pics** Bmw M3 Csl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supernaut said:
homer-drool.gif

What I was thinking

I love how the trunk is completely unusable lol. The stock tires are facking sooo slick too, no driving in the rain, you even have to sign a paper that says that you know the tires aren't meant for driving in the rain. The old CSL was pretty good looking too the "batmobile" form the 70's :bigup:

personally...for the color i'll go with....: Silver Platinum intergallactical Crystal Blue...that color is amazing i think there's an m3 in the back in this color dunno if they make CSL on that color..

It is lighter than a regular M3 but not by that much.
Its only redeeming values are the induction sound (it does sound better than normal m3) and the seats.
The suspension changes are not that radical to get exited about. I just got a Ground Control coilover kit for 2K US and put on R-compounds on my car and I can go just as fast now. And I can adjust my suspension in more ways than stock. I also put much better brakes than what comes on the CSL. The CSL brakes would need some upgrades (cooling ducts) to make them really track worthy.
I just drove for 90 minutes (with 10 minute break in the middle) at Tremblant and the car felt like it could go for another 90 minutes. I would just need to refill the tank which was only 1/4 full by that point. 55 liters for 150 km.

The very quick 'ring time (faster than a GT3) that is thrown around exits only because it was done on "stock" tires. Pilot Sport Cups were never meant for street use. They are meant to be street legal so that the owner can drive to the track on them. I did that once on my Yokohama R-comps. Not a pleasant experience with our roads.

A normal M3 can be turned into a car that is just as fast if not faster than a CSL and you get to keep a lot of money that will be spend on gas and tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back