kawasaki zx-6r = good ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russian_M3

Shop Representative
As some of you know I was shopping for a gixxer ...
but after a while of waiting for something nice to come up im got fed up

Every gixxer i went to see is OVERPRICED for nothing , the owners are asking over 8500$ for 2001 :dunno: :dunno:

when you could get a 2004 for like 1000$ more *frustrate *frustrate *frustrate

So ya anyways I really liked the new 636 kawa but its a little too much $ for now !

I found a very nice one 2001 zx-6r 14000km for 6500$ nego.

wanted to know from people who know about the particular model and year
whats good about the bike and what is not...
should I consider it or its not worth it ?
^^^ ( I heard kawas have very bad reputation 2000 and older)

is the bike reliable ?

thanks for adivce in advance :bigup:

Russian_M3 said:
As some of you know I was shopping for a gixxer ...
but after a while of waiting for something nice to come up im got fed up

Every gixxer i went to see is OVERPRICED for nothing , the owners are asking over 8500$ for 2001 :dunno: :dunno:

when you could get a 2004 for like 1000$ more *frustrate *frustrate *frustrate

So ya anyways I really liked the new 636 kawa but its a little too much $ for now !

I found a very nice one 2001 zx-6r 14000km for 6500$ nego.

wanted to know from people who know about the particular model and year
whats good about the bike and what is not...
should I consider it or its not worth it ?
^^^ ( I heard kawas have very bad reputation 2000 and older)

is the bike reliable ?

thanks for adivce in advance :bigup:

From what I have heard from a mechanician, it's depends of the models. Some have trouble, some not, just like in any other companies.
The best reliable bikes are the Honda.

Kawas engine are durable and good, but there is part of the bike that will be cheap. The handles, cables etc... Really depends. What he told me is that in some way when driving you might not be able to see well the speedo or you have a cable that's in front of it etc... So most people won't really like to have to move their head when driving to see the speedo or things like that.

That's the stories I have heard, but lot of people are driving kawasaki bikes and most people looks happy.
So I don't know :dunno:
I have heard problems mostly everywere, suzuki, kawas, yamaha etc...

May be some people here or on another forum might help you better.

You might want to shop for a Honda if you want reliable but for the same year, same kilometers you will pay more, cause of that.
Kawasaki bikes price drop faster than other bikes.
You should try to sit on some other types of bikes. (I think you had a yamaha before). Cause for me, I am not confortable on a Suzuki GSX-R, but I am comfy on the zx6 and CBR600 that I tryed.

went to see the bike ... its brand spakin new ! :) so i bought it

here a pic of what it looks like :

kaw-zx6r-01-bikepics-03096.jpg

kaw-zx6r-01-bikepics-06422.jpg

kaw-zx6r-01-bikepics-17251.jpg

well, i've heard a lot of horror story with 1999- but 3 of my friend got 6-7-and 9 1999- and they are great bike too!

it's mostly reliability but they are good bike too!

sa sonne cacane un kawa

Haha! Les Kawa sont celle qui sonne le mieux et ce, même avec un pipe d'origine! :thefinger

Pour le sujet du post, la zx6r est très bonne, ça clanche, c'est très fiable (j'ai jamais eu un problème avec ça) super beau son avec le pipe d'origine. J'ai eu une 1999 et jte recommande ça à 100 mille a l'heure! Comme ma photo dit: GO GREEN OR GO HOME! :bigup: Superbe achat! :D :D

thanks guys :D

The sound of the pipe is ok for now , not used to it though had a straight on my last bike !

if all goes well should be picking it up in a week or 2

h22 said:
sa sonne cacane un kawa

you must be death *frustrate

I got a 99 kawa zx6r with a D&D and it sounds better then most of my friends bikes..for reasons that me and my friends ignore..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back