The Hottest Bike on the Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russian_M3 said:
other than R1 all japs are ugly ?!?!?!!? *frustrate *frustrate *frustrate

are you on crack or do you have a mental handicap ???? :dunno:

Everyone likes japs because they're THE HOTTEST bikes and have a MUCH better price/quality ratio compare to italian !

I understand that you are italian and you try to defend italian bikes but its understandble to a certain extent , you are going too far by saying all japs are ugly except R1 ...

I would of agreed with your point of view it was your REAL PERSONAL opinion , but your just lying to yourself

dude everyone has jap bikes because they are affordable and accesible, good bang for the buck and the common place moto, not because they are the hottest. can everyone spend 22k on a ducati or harley vrod???...... *banghead* .....no they cant but they can afford r6's and wtv else japs offer that are very good bikes.

arguing on looks is a waste of time. in that case go post a thread about your beauty of a japanese bike in another thread.

Nobody says Jap bikes are ugly (well, except for the gixxer) but they are simply functional and a little cartoony. Like a toaster. Get's the job done, but you don't fantzsize about one.
There was a CEO of an American company, who baught a MV Brutale Serie Oro and put one in his boardroom as a statue. Does anyone see that happening with a Jap bike?

Jap bikes are popular because they are cheap. By your logic honda civics and camrys are the hottest cars on the planet WAYYY hotter then ferrari, because everyone has them.

Dave, check out the Monster S2R, it is new fot this year. It is basically a monster with MV-like rear swing arm, sport chassis, but still has usable power 77hp me thinks. 13,000$.

RussianM3_dude said:
Jap bikes are popular because they are cheap. By your logic honda civics and camrys are the hottest cars on the planet WAYYY hotter then ferrari, because everyone has them.

civics and camrys don't do quarter mile in ten seconds...

le jour ou tu va commencer a rider tu va ptete comprendre de quoi..

Tout cque j'ai a dire c'est NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS
Quand vous allez avoir une quelquoncque experience din bikes vos opinions mis a part celle sur le look du bike sera un minimum pertinente. Lire des revues sur la bolle de toilette ca compte pas. Futurs *fag* riders qui veulent juste flasher... Vous avez rien compris de ce qui est de rider un bike.

wow 2 NOOBs (lets not point fingers at anyone )members trying to prove theyre right basic their selfs only on theory and magazines vs. hundreds of EXPERINCED members who know what they are talking about and can prove it because they've been there and done that ! :)

BlackFlys said:
Tout cque j'ai a dire c'est NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS
Quand vous allez avoir une quelquoncque experience din bikes vos opinions mis a part celle sur le look du bike sera un minimum pertinente. Lire des revues sur la bolle de toilette ca compte pas. Futurs *fag* riders qui veulent juste flasher... Vous avez rien compris de ce qui est de rider un bike.

True that

Les motos italienne c'est juste pour faire le frais chier et montrer que tu as du cash, si elle couterais le même prix que les jap, le monde en achèteraient pas parce que ca ferais pas frais chier.

ma future bécane (sv1000s vendu)...
side.jpg

BTW, what bout that swingarm that duc's and mv's are using..
they're copying honda or wut :)

let the flame begin lol!!
e-racing-ownage at it's best

RussianM3_dude said:
Dave, check out the Monster S2R, it is new fot this year. It is basically a monster with MV-like rear swing arm, sport chassis, but still has usable power 77hp me thinks. 13,000$.

ya i just read an article on the S2R. They made some great improvements on the bike and still has the beutiful look on it. it also looked great in red with white stripes. give it a look.do aprilia's interest you?

Russian_M3 said:
wow 2 NOOBs (lets not point fingers at anyone )members trying to prove theyre right basic their selfs only on theory and magazines vs. hundreds of EXPERINCED members who know what they are talking about and can prove it because they've been there and done that ! :)

yap 2 noobs who have an appreciation for art on wheels and understand what italy can produce either on 2 wheels and 4 wheels. if everyone is so experienced how come none of them have had extensive experience on either jap or euro bikes?...............so who am i supposed to listen to?......a bunch of jap fanatics who think they know it all but yet have preconcevied notions about a product or people from this forum who have owned japs, euros, americans and everything else on two wheels who can give a real opjective opinion........ :dunno:

if your so open minded read this:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51298&highlight=mv+agusta

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15699&highlight=mv+agusta

I really want to write a 4 page response to your question, but I will refrain. Please read some of the multiple page threads that have been covered, as they mostly explain it.

Aside from that, here is a short answer. Lets start with breaking the myths. It is not true Ducatis are slow. In essence ALL bikes are fast. Most bikes are too fast for most riders. Heck in reality all we need is Honda 125cc bikes, and we would really fill all our needs. Do a power to weight ratio. 180Hp on the Japanese bikes (usually about 140-155 at the wheels), and a weight of 376 pounds. Yes that is extremely fast. However a ducati is a bit down on power, and weight a little more. Don't kid yourself most riders can't ride any of these machines to their capabilities. I am not bagging on riders, just stating some generalities. Also Ducati superbikes are twins, whereas the Japanese are running inline 4s to make more power. Nonetheless, don't let the numbers fool you. Where bikes are ridden (remember bikes are not really drag raced, but they are ridden on tracks where suspension set up and handling is more important than pure HP numbers). Real bikers know this, but magazine sales aren't to real bikers. Magazines make money by selling to the ignorant and the squids that want to read about 9 second 1/4 mile and 180HP bikes and 220 mph speed limiters. In reality, most of that stuff doesn't matter.

I know you have a mini. Well so do I. It only has 163 hp, however go to a autoX and you see mini's doing better than cars 2-3 times the price with 2-3 times the power. So whats up with all these slow minis See now the argument makes sense eh? So how are these minis remaining competitive against 400 hp z06s and f355s? Because minis shine when it comes to suspension. HP numbers aren't everything.

Lastly, why would someone buy a "underpowered" "overpriced" Ducati versus Japanese bikes? Well very easy. Why don't we all drive 15K honda civics with a H22 motor running a t3/t4 hybrid turbo pushing 28 lbs of boost? That could be done cheaper than a new honda accord and would run 9 second 1/4 miles all day. Hey who needs a Ferrari/Viper/Lambo? My honda is faster than your ____ (insert brand here). Thus to answer your question, the sound of a ducati, the heritage of the brand means more than all out HP numbers. Half the Ferraris on the board can be eaten alive by Corvettes and Subaru Sti's, but we are not all out buying such cars are we? Why do we love the "slow" Ferraris that are "down" on HP to the Vipers/Lambos? Because to some people (like me) Ferrari is an art. THe company has heritage. The sound is intoxicating. To some that is important.

I don't race my friends stop light to stoplight on my bike (there are people I am sure who do), thus HP and straight line doesn't matter to me. Are the Ducati 749/999 slow compared to the gixxer 1K, r1, 1000rr, the busa? Sure maybe in a straight line, but with a good rider a ducati can hang all day. I buy bikes to enjoy the open air, to enjoy hitting the apex on the moutain roads. I love going out on a 70 degree clear day, where it is just me and the bike and the open road. It is almost better than sex. Do I care if I am on my gixxer with 140Hp or on a "slow" ducati with 110 Hp? Heck no. If you have to ask, you just don't understand.

Good post Dave.
That's why I like Ferrari Chat. No jealous BS. A lot of passinate people and some of those with a lot of money to indulge them. I mean people come in and ask questions about buying a Murci or a Carerra GT and nobody (not even with "cheap" ferraris, mondials and 308) calls them poser and tells them a Supra with 50K in it will own a Lambo.

Just a lot of mature peopel with informed opinions, not a bunch of ignorant teenagers from the backwaters of North America, overflowing with testosterone. Dreaming of impressing the opposite sex with their bikes.

How many of you people have actually ridden ANY Italian bike?

RussianM3_dude said:
Good post Dave.
That's why I like Ferrari Chat. No jealous BS. A lot of passinate people and some of those with a lot of money to indulge them. I mean people come in and ask questions about buying a Murci or a Carerra GT and nobody (not even with "cheap" ferraris, mondials and 308) calls them poser and tells them a Supra with 50K in it will own a Lambo.

Just a lot of mature peopel with informed opinions, not a bunch of ignorant teenagers from the backwaters of North America, overflowing with testosterone. Dreaming of impressing the opposite sex with their bikes.

justement le grand.. on est pas dans ste classe la GET IT?!?
jme dmande c'est qui qui reve le plus d'impressioner les autres...

combien de fois ta énuméré explicitement ta liste de chars fous que ta essayé?! un simple ''jai essayé beaucoup de voitures exotiques'' stais pas assez? surtout que tu la répété dans TOUS les thread que jai vu ak toi qui sostine ak les autres.. ton thread de ferrari, ton thread de bike, ce thread ci..

tu tombe calissement sur les nerfs.. NON on a pas essayé les meme voitures que toi.. pi toi ta crissement essayé aucun bike que nous on a essayé.. meme un bike japonais tu srais meme pas capable de maitriser ca..

jtrippe pas pantoute sur les duc.. sont belle mais sans plus.. oui c'est surtout pcq c'Est pas dans mes moyens.. a quoi bon rever a dkoi jaurai pas? pi que jveux pas!!! cé tellement pas confo stes patente la..

jsais apprécier la beauté mais jvire pas fou pour autant.. t'es aussi borné sur tes points qu'on peut l'etre sur les notres.. viens pas faire ton Saint icitte t'es crissement pas mieu

quand ta posé tes questions sur ton bike.. tétais OBLIGÉ d'énumérer toute les mods kia dsus? ta des crisses de bonne chance de ldropper la premiere année pi davoir a toute le faire réparer.. ou a en acheter un autre.. pi dacheter les mods , pi dles faire installer...

falloir tu catche que ici.. une duc spa utile pour 5 cennes, on a des routes de marde, on a pas le nurburgring a 3 heures de routes.. pi on a pas une saison ben ben longue.. so un bike a 20 000 - 30 000 cé calissement eink pour faire le showoff..

fait combien de fois qu'on tle dit dnous calisser patience pi de rester sur ton forum ferrari a place de vnir gosser icitte

si on est si immature que ca veux tu ben mdire kesser tu viens niaiser icitte

RussianM3_dude said:
Good post Dave.

good for you, you have money...

Now go brag elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back