guess the price of gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just cost me 40$ to fill up my rsx. i don't even want to know how much it's costin' people who drive hummers and denalis!

Catcams said:
I dont get your answer???

Are you saying that with the oil companies always acking the price up...there would be no choice of having these cars??

no I meant to just build the hydrogen/electricity car... mining the metal, transport it, transform it into a car with powerful machines, that takes a lot of energy and as of yet no energy except maybe nuclear is as cheap as oil.

then where are you going to get your hydrogen from? the air? no, you'll need to electrolyse water which also takes quite a bit of energy.

it's kind of a vicious cycle where industrialization has happened based on a supply of cheap energy. what happens next I don't know :dunno:

There is oil up in the artic. I heard it on disc channel, they just dont allow drilling.

This so called hype that the world is running out of gas is just a ploy to jack prices.

actually, its all economics baby, there is more diamonds then there is gold in the world but the flow of diamonds is controlled more then gold to keep the price up, same thing with oil, that is what opec is doing. There is about 50 years left of oil in existing oil wells that are being pumped, but there is much more oil in other areas of the world where pumping hasnt started, so dont worry, there is lots of oil left.

If canada was smart they would start drilling in the north.

We apperantly have more oil then the entire middle east :dunno:

Catcams said:
In ten years all cars are going to be Electric or hydrogen.....F!!k the motha Fu!!a Oil industry
am I the only one whos uneasy about gaz cars dissapearing ? I mean I'm never gonna have as much fun with an electric car or hydrogen, I mean, hydrogen go boom = u dead, so no more screwing around in the woods with cars and all, life is gonna be boring :(

Gregster said:
If canada was smart they would start drilling in the north.

We apperantly have more oil then the entire middle east :dunno:

correct, exeppt that alot of the oil in in the Tar Sands(I forget the correct scientific term). Exploiting the tar sands seems like the logical idea until you look at the books. Right now it is not economically viable to extract oil in this way, why because oil you have to separate the oild from the sand, which takes time and cost money. Right now gas is "only" at 50$ a barrel, if/when oil peaks at say 60-70$ a barrel, then companies can start full out exploitaion of the tar sand, because they can sell the oil for more, and thus turn a profit. The companies that are involved in mining the tar sands currently, recive money from the goverment to break even..

All this being said, I wish people would not have the attitude that gas is expensive and "we are being raped", its simply not true. Our cost of living is realivly cheap here in NA and the price of peotrol replects that. Gas is at 99.9cents/L is still cheaper (once you factor in inflation/cost of living adjustments) that on my birthday in 1982. I really don't see the need for such out rage and discust at the oil industry. If you don't want to buy gaz at 1,15 this summer, well (not to sound like an ass) maybe it time you revaluate you life priorities(what you can afford and what you can't), sell your car and buy a smaller one, buy diesel, make you own veggie diesel, take the bus to go to work/school or get a scooter for short in town trips. There are many ways to adjust your lifestyle to adapt to the rising cost of petrol, but bitching about how 99.9 is an outragious price is the least productive. 99.9 cents/L is CHEAP.....it just the way things are going to be, and so unless your life goal is to become an oil barron there isn't much that you can do about it.

Flat Black said:
correct, exeppt that alot of the oil in in the Tar Sands(I forget the correct scientific term). Exploiting the tar sands seems like the logical idea until you look at the books. Right now it is not economically viable to extract oil in this way, why because oil you have to separate the oild from the sand, which takes time and cost money. Right now gas is "only" at 50$ a barrel, if/when oil peaks at say 60-70$ a barrel, then companies can start full out exploitaion of the tar sand, because they can sell the oil for more, and thus turn a profit. The companies that are involved in mining the tar sands currently, recive money from the goverment to break even..

All this being said, I wish people would not have the attitude that gas is expensive and "we are being raped", its simply not true. Our cost of living is realivly cheap here in NA and the price of peotrol replects that.

Gas is at 99.9cents/L is still cheaper (once you factor in inflation/cost of living adjustments) that on my birthday in 1982.

I really don't see the need for such out rage and discust at the oil industry.
If you don't want to buy gaz at 1,15 this summer, well (not to sound like an ass) maybe it time you revaluate you life priorities(what you can afford and what you can't), sell your car and buy a smaller one, buy diesel, make you own veggie diesel, take the bus to go to work/school or get a scooter for short in town trips. There are many ways to adjust your lifestyle to adapt to the rising cost of petrol, but bitching about how 99.9 is an outragious price is the least productive. 99.9 cents/L is CHEAP.....it just the way things are going to be, and so unless your life goal is to become an oil barron there isn't much that you can do about it.

Word. :bigup:
And that must be the logical end of this thread...

And forget the scooter, it's not environnement-friendly at all!

vantage-v8 said:
Word. :bigup:
And that must be the logical end of this thread...

And forget the scooter, it's not environnement-friendly at all!

I agree, but if you get enough people to complain about it..maybe .. just maybe (highly doubtful though) the quebec government will lower their tax on gas - the reason why we pay 10c more a litre than ontario.

..or even better, I would gladly pay the 10c more per litre- hell bump it to 15 or 20 cents, just allocate that money directly to fixing our f%#kin roads!!!

Fr0sty said:
I agree, but if you get enough people to complain about it..maybe .. just maybe (highly doubtful though) the quebec government will lower their tax on gas - the reason why we pay 10c more a litre than ontario.

..or even better, I would gladly pay the 10c more per litre- hell bump it to 15 or 20 cents, just allocate that money directly to fixing our f%#kin roads!!!

our roads are death traps
I hit a pot hole so big once the tire got sunk in it and I was stranded in the middle of a road with half my car stuck in the road... we had to tow it out

Flat Black said:

All this being said, I wish people would not have the attitude that gas is expensive and "we are being raped", its simply not true. Our cost of living is realivly cheap here in NA and the price of peotrol replects that. Gas is at 99.9cents/L is still cheaper (once you factor in inflation/cost of living adjustments) that on my birthday in 1982. I really don't see the need for such out rage and discust at the oil industry. If you don't want to buy gaz at 1,15 this summer, well (not to sound like an ass) maybe it time you revaluate you life priorities(what you can afford and what you can't), sell your car and buy a smaller one, buy diesel, make you own veggie diesel, take the bus to go to work/school or get a scooter for short in town trips. There are many ways to adjust your lifestyle to adapt to the rising cost of petrol, but bitching about how 99.9 is an outragious price is the least productive. 99.9 cents/L is CHEAP.....it just the way things are going to be, and so unless your life goal is to become an oil barron there isn't much that you can do about it.

Awesome post man

Darth_Infamous said:
I paid 95.9 at the south shore

Dernière fois y'était 99.9 "105.9 dans mon cas"

Personnellement ... J'AI choisit un moteur qui a une très mauvaise automomie, j'assume le prix du gaz.

J'avais serré ma Trans Am pour l'hiver mais la, j'ai vraiment pas hate de la sortir avec le prix de l'essence...J'vais la vendre parce que la, en plus d'être étudiant, de faire moins de cash cet été a cause de la grève pi d'avoir un char qui consomme beaucoup, l'essence augmente *banghead* ... On va y aller avec un petit char économique genre une Tercel, 323 ou qqch du genre...

Jumping Jack said:
I run my TDI 2000 with WVO since 2 years.
Only 1 tank of fuel for 3500km per month.

I am afflicted, from does not go away towards the best!
It is not ready to go down again in bottom of the 0,95$ in the short run, on the contrary, will go up even more!
Welcome in the Echo and Prius...

I don't get your post. What is WVO? And 1 tank for 3500km!? Something I miss here...

newschooler said:
I don't get your post. What is WVO? And 1 tank for 3500km!? Something I miss here...
w??? vegetal oil , i think he can do 3500km with it because a) vegetal oil has more energy per liter in it, b) i think it is maybe a more high mass/volume ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back