Who is an engineer or works for an engineering firm here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious to know if there are any engineers on the forum in a company or for a city.

Concordia Civil engineering gra............(well sorry no I started in civil eng but switched to computer science) but I believe that's what Danny was studying?

I know a couple of my friends went to bombardier (a few years ago) but got laid off, quite a few of my fellow engineering students who graduated are still looking for jobs (mechanical, electrical) or they took off to Asia or the US....

Industrial drafter here ;) top of my class, but decided not to pursuie(sp) a career in it. sucks, my teachers told me I coulda landed a 50k job and they woulda supported me, they got me 2 wicked stages one with DND and one with the montreal firm that designs the ferrarri f1 car..... both of them fell through cause I took things for granted. I ended up working at a production house (friend of a friend owned it, he told me he would sign my papers as if I did a stage there... but I ended up liking it and stayed there for 2 years)

caca. seems like i constantly fuck up my life by taking things for granted.

mechanical engineering student, quit half way through, i took a couples years off half way through my studies and noticed that all my budies that were graduating werent finding any jobs, so i said f8ck it, i aint going back. Its too bad, i wasnt willing to go through another year and a half of boredom and not get a job.

One more semester and I'll be one in Electronics.

But I'm slacking now, I'll finish in one year...

NPAP said:
mechanical engineering student, quit half way through, i took a couples years off half way through my studies and noticed that all my budies that were graduating werent finding any jobs, so i said f8ck it, i aint going back. Its too bad, i wasnt willing to go through another year and a half of boredom and not get a job.

If you are serious in your study, should'nt be a issue to find a job.

NPAP said:

Same thing hapenned with me. I also work with engineers that cant find a job and are stuck doing helpdesk jobs... Kinda discouraged me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back