Track days and 1/4 mile track...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohlias

Legacy Member
Do any of you do any track days?

I've done one at Sanair about 3 or 4 years ago for $40. All you need is a full suit and a bike.

What about 1/4 mile at Napierville? Does anyone want to go this year? I'd like to go, but I'm scared I'll be really slow. My bike tends to do low 12s high 11s in magazines, but I'm nt sure I'd be able to break the 13s....

Ohlias said:
I've done one at Sanair about 3 or 4 years ago for $40. All you need is a full suit and a bike.
would a jacket and pants that you zip up together work or do you really need a one piece suit? I'd love to do track.

I think that's fine, they don't care too much and make you sign a waiver. But it's for your saftey. I'd suggest a one piece suit.

We should do a group buy on 1 pieces. I'd love to get one!

Ohlias said:
I think that's fine, they don't care too much and make you sign a waiver. But it's for your saftey. I'd suggest a one piece suit.

We should do a group buy on 1 pieces. I'd love to get one!
I'd like one as well, but at 1200-1300 for one... that's getting a little expensive for this summer!

There are deals to be had on Tecnic suits as well as vanson when they are on clearance for under $800-$900CDN

I'll let you know if I see any.

Definatly gonna go to Napi soon.
Just got in my 520 Conversion kit with 15/50, should help
greatly on the 1320, aiming for low 11's early this summer
and high 10's once i get to launch without flipping :p

MY BIKE IS SOLD...only one experience with quarter mile on a bike ...last year napi best run 12.0 @ 116mph...1.9 60'....not bad for a first timer, first bike , first year...also reality and magazines are 2 things....my bike was a 2003 120hp stock sv1000s :bigup: Now im looking into 2005 gsxr1000 and i wonder how long ill last one one of those things :D

Ohlias said:
Do any of you do any track days?

What about 1/4 mile at Napierville? Does anyone want to go this year? I'd like to go, but I'm scared I'll be really slow. My bike tends to do low 12s high 11s in magazines, but I'm nt sure I'd be able to break the 13s....

Last I heard, you can go to Sanair, any day of the week, when they are not booked and lap for 40$.
I heard that they are dealing with a coroners inquiry regarding the deaths over the pass few years on the track during these sessions.

Beware, if you go, there is no ambulance nor supervison.

I was also told, by a reliable source , that every Tuesday nite at Autodrome St-Eustache, there will be street drags for motorcycles only. It is yet to be seen if it will work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back