is it me or ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEXAS2LO

Is it just me or it will just be impossible to find a bike ???
Consedering i'm a starter and i need a 600 maybe 750, not too old .... they're just nothing on the market !!! what to do :dunno: . I am not going to buy something too old just cuz of that, u guys know some other places to look for exempting lespac and hebdo ??
Thanx

it's just you..

I had a list of about 10-15 bikes to go check out. If you're too narrow minded about your first bike, obviously you won't find anything. Who cares if it's old? It's actually better for you that way. cheaper bike, cheaper insurance, better learning tool, you won't care as much if you drop it.... Lespac, hebdo, word of mouth, m4e, here, dealers, newspapers... lots of places you can look.

Daso said:
it's just you..

I had a list of about 10-15 bikes to go check out. If you're too narrow minded about your first bike, obviously you won't find anything. Who cares if it's old? It's actually better for you that way. cheaper bike, cheaper insurance, better learning tool, you won't care as much if you drop it.... Lespac, hebdo, word of mouth, m4e, here, dealers, newspapers... lots of places you can look.
yeah youre obviously right about this one, but when your friends rides with R1, new cbr 600 ... and you pull out with an older bike ... yeah youre right fuck them ... ill go see my zx-7r 1995, black with chrome wheels for 4900$ .... what do you think about a zx-7 as a first bike .. an older one .. too heavy ? have anybody tall and not too big ride one of those ?

TEXAS2LO said:
yeah youre obviously right about this one, but when your friends rides with R1, new cbr 600 ... and you pull out with an older bike ... yeah youre right fuck them ... ill go see my zx-7r 1995, black with chrome wheels for 4900$ .... what do you think about a zx-7 as a first bike .. an older one .. too heavy ? have anybody tall and not too big ride one of those ?
It's a fine starter bike... has more power than a 600 though. Heavy generally means more stable in the curves. but it's not that heavy... it is in terms of sport bikes, but go try a custom... those are 150-200 lbs heavier than sport bikes. Those are heavy bikes.

My zx6r is 450lbs, pretty heavy for a 600 supersport. It's still fast and jittery in the curves. I like it alot, it's a 1996 and it's plently fast. Who cares what the others around you ride...

Slower first bike, means faster rider.

If you get a fast new bike, all you have to do is twist the wrist and you're up to the next guy. On a slower bike, you have to perfect your technic in order to follow the faster newer bikes. When you do jump to a newer faster bike with your technics you learnt on the slow bike, you'll be alot faster than the guys who got a bike to look cool with the newest ones.

Daso said:
It's a fine starter bike... has more power than a 600 though. Heavy generally means more stable in the curves. but it's not that heavy... it is in terms of sport bikes, but go try a custom... those are 150-200 lbs heavier than sport bikes. Those are heavy bikes.

My zx6r is 450lbs, pretty heavy for a 600 supersport. It's still fast and jittery in the curves. I like it alot, it's a 1996 and it's plently fast. Who cares what the others around you ride...

Slower first bike, means faster rider.

If you get a fast new bike, all you have to do is twist the wrist and you're up to the next guy. On a slower bike, you have to perfect your technic in order to follow the faster newer bikes. When you do jump to a newer faster bike with your technics you learnt on the slow bike, you'll be alot faster than the guys who got a bike to look cool with the newest ones.
you know you just said something that open my eyes ... i was afraid of getting a zx-7r, cuz during my classes i drove a big custom shitty valkery and i almost wanted to quit .... i slam the bike on the floor and said fuck it i paid to drive sports bike ,.... so you cant compare a zx-7 with a custom right ?? let me go check it out tonite , ill keep you guys posted thanx for your help, and good thread respond daso

Daso said:
it's just you..

Well there are less and less good 600 in good shape avaible at this time of the year. May be it will change during summer but I am really not sure about this. This automn probably, but that's fucking far.

If I don't buy the one I got, I will let you know. Good bike, really clean, but I lost my job :( *frustrate ! and I have up to friday to go get it :( snif snif :( ! Need to find something.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Please help me :( !

i have a friend selling a 750 gixxer 2001 yellow and black 40K with undertail yoshimura huggers

never dropped

7000$

he is picking up his 2005 GSXR 1000 this saturday ;)

TEXAS2LO said:
you know you just said something that open my eyes ... i was afraid of getting a zx-7r, cuz during my classes i drove a big custom shitty valkery and i almost wanted to quit .... i slam the bike on the floor and said fuck it i paid to drive sports bike ,.... so you cant compare a zx-7 with a custom right ?? let me go check it out tonite , ill keep you guys posted thanx for your help, and good thread respond daso

Hi,zx7 & zx7r are nices bikes :bigup:
Not to heavy,In fact that extra (50lbs) or more give stability
and more tractions,just the perfecte wheight and tractions
for curves :D the engine ov zx7 & zx7r are mount a bit more
foward compare many other sports bikes! that way
you can accelerate hard(whithote been affraid)
your bike kick up or thank slap!
that bike are very conforteble ,whit 750cc at 4500/5500 rpm you have
good thorque at 8500 you have all your torque and at 10500/11500
all you hp!you shoud buy it becose zx7 & zx7r are going to be rare soon,
kawasaki have stop 750 productions in 2004 :balling:
Am sure one day kawa going to remake the zx7/R/RR and that day
I buy it fore sure! :D

Gastongo

Gastongo said:
Hi,zx7 & zx7r are nices bikes :bigup:
Not to heavy,In fact that extra (50lbs) or more give stability
and more tractions,just the perfecte wheight and tractions
for curves :D the engine ov zx7 & zx7r are mount a bit more
foward compare many other sports bikes! that way
you can accelerate hard(whithote been affraid)
your bike kick up or thank slap!
that bike are very conforteble ,whit 750cc at 4500/5500 rpm you have
good thorque at 8500 you have all your torque and at 10500/11500
all you hp!you shoud buy it becose zx7 & zx7r are going to be rare soon,
kawasaki have stop 750 productions in 2004 :balling:
Am sure one day kawa going to remake the zx7/R/RR and that day
I buy it fore sure! :D

Gastongo
thanx dude ... its good to know, im going to see a zx-7r and an r6 tonite so ill see what will happen

yeah man everyone warned me about having my 2000 R6 as a first bike, its a nervous bike I will admit but its about self control. if you dont act like an idiot its plenty of fun and you have the power when you want to use it! *tu* plus then you dont have to find another bike next season when you want to keep up with your CBR's
:D

my 0.02 $
TEXAS2LO said:
thanx dude ... its good to know, im going to see a zx-7r and an r6 tonite so ill see what will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back