wwot, got my licence, need the bike now

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverDUB

Legacy Member
hey boys, im totally new to this section.

buddy of mine had me try his zx6r yesterday around the parking lot and fell in love with the thing.

so i went to the licence bureau and passed the written test and walked out of there with my licence, now im looking for a bike..in the 6 range

so im hesitating between the:

-ZX6R 636

-R6

-CBR600F4I

what do you guys suggest???

i know nothing about bikes at all, im more into the look then performance of the bike since they are all faster then a damn celica! :)

F4I does ahave an excellent resale value, really good bike.... can say the same about R6...dont know kawa that much

636 ALL THE WAY BABY!! :D :D :D :bigup:

La 2005 est tellement *jawdrop* :bow: en plus! J'en veux une! :cry:

forget the cbr f4i ... i think it has a banana seat ... u dont want that .....
the front headlights are ugly ---- go R6 or kawa !!!
i'm getting a R6 this week i think !!! :D

i am seriously considering the 636... as for the cbr400f4i... my bad, its the rr, the does actually look like a banana seat!

I think we should start bumping up the beginner bike threads again... Too many squids want the crazy fast bikes to start.

a 600 fast, i thought i was being smart bu going with a 600line and not a gixxer 750 and r1..

:dunno:

SilverGTS said:
a 600 fast, i thought i was being smart bu going with a 600line and not a gixxer 750 and r1..

:dunno:
dont worry about what people say dude, a 600 is fine .... its just fine, i tried yesterday a R6 andi love it !! too much !!!
good luck and go for a 600RR its the best all around bike ..... sick, if you want one my friend's got a 2003 15000km red, for sale, 2 helmets jacket 85004 sick price and more then clean bike .... too clean to be true g

A brand new or 2001+ 600cc bike is very dangerous and as fast as the 1000cc bikes...be careful. Not because it`s a small engine that it`s slow, they still pump out more than 115hp...

yeah i need some info on that i what pass my licensae u just go to saaq and u pass it ??

no studies at all ?? no waiting ??

PimpMyCivic said:
yeah i need some info on that i what pass my licensae u just go to saaq and u pass it ??

no studies at all ?? no waiting ??
go read the STICKY thread !

You can do your theoric exam without a class, but you can't do the other exams without doing a Theoric exam ! So, you can do your written exam without doing the class, but you will have to do them one day or another, so better do it first.

faut tu acheter le livre comment conduire une moto pour le test ecrit ou cest tellement evident que cest niaiseux ??

WHat??

Hey guys. i am a flat out beginner like some of you as well.. and all i can say is that the bikes you guys have chosen are not the right ones... Start off with older bikes.

I am not in the position to say that I know about everything out there but i know for a fact from a friend of mine that starting off small is much better. A 600 RR of 636 or even R6 are extremely powerfull bikes. Dude be carefull and don't think about the looks think about getting experience on something that is more forgiving.

Good luck guys.

Ride safe.

Like LBC and Daso said.

ANYBODY can ride a hayabusa, R1 or 636. They are all very similar until you start drawing power. You rode a 600 supersport in a parking lot...basically you still have zero experience and you still have NO clue what these things are capable of. I'm not trying to put you down, im just giving you my opinion.

You say your concerned about looks rather than performance? That's another problem. Motorcycling is a sport, not a style. Don't sacrifice comfort and safety for looks.

Starting off with an older bike (or slower sport touring style) will allow you to learn properly with more confidence, you'll be able to toss the bike and exploit it's full capabilities without fear of ruining a brand new bike and LESS chances of ending up in a wheel chair.

Problem is all these newbs are buying crazy fast bikes and end up riding like pussies.
Then they decide to 'open up' the throttle one day- but lack experience to keep CONTROL.

persianrider said:
wait you passed your written exam?

dont you still have classes and shit to do?

NO

hahahahha, i live in ontario as well so i got mu licence here. here is how it works:

57$...........sign the line............enjoy......

took me 15 minutes i was out of there with my licence and at the dealer trying bikes although i never touched one ever before...or almost.

SilverGTS said:
NO

hahahahha, i live in ontario as well so i got mu licence here. here is how it works:

57$...........sign the line............enjoy......

took me 15 minutes i was out of there with my licence and at the dealer trying bikes although i never touched one ever before...or almost.

fuck why i m not living in ontario :cry:

The F4(f4i) is a really smooth bike (indeed very powerfull too)
I don't suggest R6 or 636(which is almost as fast as my 750)

it's sure that an older bike would be better.

Considering that the firsdt bike you buy you (most of the time) won't keep it more than 3 years, buying a cbr would be a great move to do(resale value)

the hic with the newer bike is that they can be a bit too powerfull for beginner(you even said that you've never a bike before)
96-99 600cc bikes are great one for beginner!

think about it men!

Guys, be careful out there!

If you want to go brand new, look at SV650S. Used, try bikes that are older than 2000. F4I is a great bike to start on and will be soo comfortable. If I recal correctly , the f4I has more HP and TRQ than the RR but different gearing. They are still beutiful bikes, who cares about a banana seat. It's soo much more cofrtable that the little mouse pads that are on the Super SPort bikes...

And as for those that think, hey I can control my self I won't screw up, have you ever dropped a glass of water or banged your knee on a table? You so much as sneeze while on an '05 636 or R6 and goose the throttle and we'll be calling a tow truck for your bike and an ambulance for you...

If you've never ridden a bike, go buy a 250 or a 400 (realy cheap and beat up). and get the hang of it for a month or so. Then sell it for the same price you paid or use it as a trade in for the bike you really want. Atleast that path would be a good start...

Either way, good luck and be safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back