325 with m3 engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
CWay27 said:
Easy big fella!! One typo and you're all over me. Big difference between a missing letter and a complete paragraph of nonsence......

"lol j'avoue mais me semble que cé plus cher !! pis une 325 décapotable modifier avec un moteur de m3 pis une suspension de course ca dois étre aussi nice !! je veux les new moteur de m3"

Wait here's another one......

"sinon je retourne ds le japonnai pis je me call de quoi genre type r ou rx7 twin turbo ou prelude"

Ok! Ok! leave the vocubulary aside but tell me this; would you go for a RX7 TT or a prelude??....Rest my case!!

technically that's 2 ( then go by a m3) it's 'buy' 'an' M3 (remember if it starts with a vowel it's 'an' not 'a')

It's An RX7 not A RX7and as I said earlier, once again you have demonstrated your arrogance by picking on japanese cars. I love bimmers and even think of owning one after my VW but I don't understand people thinking they are better than everybody else and telling yes go play with your Honda.

By the way I'd go for the prelude. The H22 motors are not that reliable but certainly beats a rotory engine.

fearless said:
By the way I'd go for the prelude. The H22 motors are not that reliable but certainly beats a rotory engine.

ROTARY! A mistake on your side too! Get over it a prelude is not even near the same class as an fd rx-7. It's two completly different cars for two completly different purposes and different prices. That statement and his general incoherence makes taking him serious pretty hard.

fearless said:
technically that's 2 ( then go by a m3) it's 'buy' 'an' M3 (remember if it starts with a vowel it's 'an' not 'a')

It's An RX7 not A RX7and as I said earlier, once again you have demonstrated your arrogance by picking on japanese cars. I love bimmers and even think of owning one after my VW but I don't understand people thinking they are better than everybody else and telling yes go play with your Honda.

sorry dude, i don't mean to bash, but an H22 does not beat a rotary engine. no chance.

Wow. Personne n'a encore remarqué qu'il n'est pas possible de transplanter un S54 ailleurs que dans une autre e46. Comment il va tourner ce moteur si il n'est pas converti en OBD1? Et un S54 ça ne se convertit pas en OBD1. La seule solution c'est un système de gestion aftermarket.

Et puis une e30 a des freins déjà insufisants pour le moteur d'origine. J'ose pas imaginer les résultats avec un plus gros moteur. Le moteur de M3 e36 se transplante car ce n'est pas un vrai moteur M et parce qu'il permet d'utiliser les pièces de 325 e36 pour la conversion. Freins inclus. Il y a une centaine de e30 avec M50/52 en Amérique du Nord et c'est un processus qui marche très bien. Il suffit d'acheter le CD de Zionsville et de faire la conversion dans son propre garage.

VwAlex said:
ROTARY! A mistake on your side too! Get over it a prelude is not even near the same class as an fd rx-7. It's two completly different cars for two completly different purposes and different prices. That statement and his general incoherence makes taking him serious pretty hard.

sigh......must I explain everything?.. please check it can be spelled rotory or rotary although I admit Rotary is more commonly used (still comes from the word 'rotor')

As for the H22 vs rotAry engine comment, please read carefully, I said 'the engine (H22) is not as reliable (compared to the reputation of most japanese cars) but it certainly beats a rotAry engine (reliability wise)

hahaah prelude is the same class as the RX7.. I don't contest that but I was merely answering to the other guy who asked me.

I'm not sure why we're talking about japanese cars when the fellow up there asked a BMW question

Pour repondre au sujet initial, j'ai deja eu en tete un tel projet mais apres avoir effectuées certaines vérifications de budget, l'évidence était que de faire un swap d'un moteur de M3 dans une 325i E30 est vraiment très très couteux... regarde les autres options plutot et evite le plus possible les swaps dans une BMW, c'est beaucoup plus cher que dans un Civic.

ChuckBilodeau said:
You could find one for around $10,000USD

You're right, but I was thinking more of a complete package. Including exhaust and tranny.
Also S54 engines are not lying around exactly. BMW will not sell you an engine in a crate. You would have to get one from a totalled ///M3.

fearless said:
Are you sure you don't need one yourself?
then by a M3? you mean 'then buy an M3'
instead of bashing him why not just tell him if it's doable or not?
A part from a few 'grown ups' here, there's a lot of arrogance wow.

It's not arrogance. A guy comes in asking stupid "civic questions" in broken franglais, what do you expect. No offence, but most BM owners at least can put together a coherent idea in writing.
Not that there is anything wrong with it, but there are not a whole lot of BM owners who wear a baseball hat backwards are semi-illiterate and live in the boonies. Well actually I do currently.
This is not some kind of class warfare English vs. French thing. Just as you wouldn't go to a private golf club dressed in Ecko and adressing everyone as "ni**a" and saying "yo, that shot be fly fo'shizzle". The same way you don't ask questions like "yo mon, cmon faire pour mettr des altezzas pis un pflow sur une bm ak des sticker VTECCCC!!!! pis NAWZZZZ! yo!" on a BM forum.

In the parlance of our times - Peace out!

RussianM3_dude said:
You're right, but I was thinking more of a complete package. Including exhaust and tranny.
Also S54 engines are not lying around exactly. BMW will not sell you an engine in a crate. You would have to get one from a totalled ///M3.

I don't know about BMW Canada, but BMW NA will sell a crated S54, brand new and not a rebuilt. I got friends who are mechanics at Turner, and they get a "rebuilt" S54 (brand new) from BMW NA for a ridiculous low price. But a core is required because of German tax laws about rebuild motors.

A Rotary engine is reliable when you know how they work and maintain them. I know what I am talking about.

You guys should read a bit and learn about these engines before posting stupid comments like that !

Last edited:
VwAlex said:
A supercharged m52 or a built european s52 will yield the same results be less maintenance, easier to fit, less nose heavy and probably be cheaper... why do you say so?

S/C engine more reliable than a N/A Engine ?

With a stock 192 hp M52 and a blower, you can break the 300 hp barrier :dunno:

European S52, is this engine really cheap ? If this is cheaper than a S38 engine, show me... I mean, there were more E34 M5's imported in North America than E36 ///M3 eurospecs

I agree that weight is a big factor if you consider of leaving the stock brakes in place, but I still think this is a sick set-up, I would go for it no matter what it cost. Chip this baby and it'S a torque monster

It might be less reliable than a stock N/A Euro M3 engine, but less affordable, I doubt

Anyway, that's not the major topic subject :D

Asis said:
...si j'aime les ancienne 325 et que je veut amilioré la conduite...quel swap serais "possible" de faire sans me faire dire d'acheté une M3 ?

Tu peux m'expliquer comment aller plus vite rends la conduite meilleure?

C'est pour ca que souvent dans les threads de swap le monde se font blaster, parceque plus vite ne veut pas toujours dire meilleure.

"Go Slow to Go Fast"

Nikolai:

Just read your post. f'ing hilarious.

RussianM3_dude said:
If are interested in owning a Bm, put your cap the right way round (better yet take it off completely) and forget "tuning a la Japonaise". Yes Sir that means NO Altezzas, No NOS, No VTECCCC!!! NO neons etc, NO engine transplants or big turbos.

Yes to tastefull subtle bodykits, Yes to imroved suspension, Yes to better brakes and better yet subtle audio upgrades.
Don't kid yourself...the vast majority of people that post in this forum are no better than the baseball-cap wearing Honda boys you lampoon in your posts. The amount of posing and lack of knowledge in this forum is truly staggering.

[For the record, engine transplants, forced induction, etc. happen to be quite popular in the BMW community in the US and across Europe. The only reason you don't see that sort of thing here in Quebec is because no one has the money to undertake these projects. MR.com is the only place in the world that I've ever seen people bragging about what kind of oil they use.]

Emre

RussianM3_dude said:
....and forget "tuning a la Japonaise"....

Yes to tastefull subtle bodykits, Yes to imroved suspension, Yes to better brakes and better yet subtle audio upgrades.

You do not acquire taste by buying a fancy car. Tuning a la euro is just as horrible when people have no clue... (sorry for your eyes...). People mutilate what is available to them.

Last edited:
HighRider said:
S/C engine more reliable than a N/A Engine ?

High revs cause way more stress on the connecting rods than boost. With a good engine management and reasonable boost level, forced induction engines can be as reliable as any engine out there.

HighRider said:
European S52, is this engine really cheap ? If this is cheaper than a S38 engine, show me... I mean, there were more E34 M5's imported in North America than E36 ///M3 eurospecs

Cheaper as in maintenance and fuel, and most s38 will need a rebuilt and I don't know if you've checked price for a well rebuilt s38 recently but it will easily go into 5 digits.

HighRider said:
I agree that weight is a big factor if you consider of leaving the stock brakes in place, but I still think this is a sick set-up, I would go for it no matter what it cost. Chip this baby and it'S a torque monster

Brakes aren't the only thing affected by weight, handling too. Your putting more weight in the wrong place, it's not exactly perfect for handling. I'm not saying it's a bad swap but it's far from the ultimate swap in the sense that it deffinitivly isn't miles ahead from the other possibilities. Getting the rest of the e30 to follow the extra speed and power is not to be forgotten neither.

Tex said:
You do not acquire taste by buying a fancy car. Tuning a la euro is just as horrible when people have no clue... (sorry for your eyes...). People mutilate what is available to them.

I don't want to talk out of my hat but in my opinion, it's the american who came up with mutilating. Take option tuning for instance, two to three years ago you didn't have stuff like that in there (BMW front end on a civic). The only pictures you could fine were pictures taken by europeens at american shows. In my opinion, europeens were always subtle in the modifying aspect. Now all hell broke loose....

Anyways to get back to fearless cause I'm sure is anxious to see if I did any typo or mistakes in this post; I never mentioned anywhere that I had a problem with jap cars. Why should I, I had two integras before and never had a complaint about them. What I do find funny and this is still the point I'm trying to prouve, is that some guy comes here and asks questions and then says he'll either go for a prelude or a RX7. Humm first off, not same price range nor performance. Anyways if you want people to answer you with dignity and respect, adress yourself with dignity and respect to others.

All that to say........ Buy the best you can get with the money you have and don't waste your time trying to find an easy way out for BMW speed and luxary. Forget about 5K civics and full transplant for 2k, BMW is an entire different ballgame.

Good luck

VwAlex said:
m20b23/25/27
stroker kit
m50/m52
s50/s52 us ou europeen
m30
s38/m88
s14
m42
m44
m10