Bmw 318is TURBO ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah its possible, but its gonna cost alot for custom parts

and your best bet would be a t3/t4 turbo hybrid

in my opinion

turboz said:
Is it possible and what turbo i can put in my 94 318is ??? Someone did it?? Thanx

it's definately possible ;)

yup, single tip exhaust
resize-IMG_1630.jpg

hmm...m5 rims?
resize-IMG_1631.jpg

looks like a 318 bumper...but what's that stuck in it?
resize-IMG_1632.jpg

smile :D
resize-IMG_1633.jpg

In 1994 you have the m42 with a knock sensor. It's a very good engine to f/i with as it has forged internals and a good head. Depending on your power goals a supercharger kit might be a better option. If not I think Korman is selling a turbo kit.

turboz said:
HEY G, what turbo setup do you have in your 318?? engine picture?? HP ??

it's not mine, it's a friend of someone's on the board. It's a pretty small turbo, but he plans on upgrading it from what he tells me.

check out e36tech.com/forum. there's info there. or you can also try e30tech.com/forum, just search turbo m42 or wtv.

turboz said:
HEY G, what turbo setup do you have in your 318?? engine picture?? HP ??

Actualy that's my car. :p
picture3ct.jpg

picture0054no.jpg

I just purchased the mosselman turbo kit of ebay for pretty cheap and continued to upgrade that setup a little bit. Problem is that I'm pretty much stuck with this little turbo know (t25)! *frustrate
I was planning on putting a gt28r in there, but found out that it would not fit.
Power is pretty impressive. I easily beat my friend with his civic gs-r swap and could hang (1.5 carlenghts back) with my friends heavily modded VW 1.8t GTI. (he does 14.5 in the 1/4 mile).
Will be going to Naperville soon to get actual time.
Here is an engine pic: (engine is dirty)
picture0062zb.jpg

I put a T3 AR 0.48/0.60 in my E30/M42.
Not a kit, but custom. 8:1CR 22psi, for now :)

If you want to build your own kit, I mean, you have mechanical habilities and a welding machine, subscribe to JYTurbo mailing list, it's a list dedicated to 'home made' turbo conversion, I learned a lot from these guys. If not, look on Ebay regularly, some M42/M44 kits are listed once in a while.

E30A.jpg

E30B.jpg

E30C.jpg

Turbo_Bimmer said:
I put a T3 AR 0.48/0.60 in my E30/M42.
Not a kit, but custom. 8:1CR 22psi, for now :)

Wow! :bigup:
My goal was to push around 18~20 psi. But the stupid T25 maximum efficiency is 14 psi :tear:

I'masmackyou said:
Wow! :bigup:
My goal was to push around 18~20 psi. But the stupid T25 maximum efficiency is 14 psi :tear:

14psi is not that bad mang *tu*

tight motor bay though, huh!?
you consider cutting that battery holder looking tray behid the p-side strut
tower..
I hear it's not structural!? would that help for fitting a larger turbo you think??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back