help with tire size!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeemo68

i might be geting some 15 x 6 mags, I'm not sure what to go for with tires???? i was thinking 195/50's, it's on an mk3 with a 60/40 drop.
If you have any suggestions, they are much appreciated and pictures would help please
thanks

teknojnky said:
I had that size on my jetta last year. looked good but needed a drop. you'll look kickass.

the correct size would be 205/50 on a 97'
mk3. but even a 195/50 would work fine. i have
a 94 jetta and for some reason that's the only
year mk3 that is supposed to take a 195/50. i have
that exact same size and it looks fine on the car,
with a drop.

i just dont want that bulgy tire look, kinda looks like a fat lady wearing high heels!
i was debating between 195/50`s or 195/55`s. I know 195/55`s are closer to the wheel diameter but i just want to know for the look

i had 185/60-14's on a few summers ago and they wheel/tyre combo looked small. I put the winters which were 195/60 and it looked better IMO since there was less fender gap in teh front especially...

The car's body was wicked low with 185/60 though, I was scraping everywhere...

Here's a pic with 185/60's and a 60/40 drop....

Puddle2.jpg

Puddle6.jpg

ps. I have a set of 15x6 winter mags with 195/50's on them, if you want, you can come put them on to see what it'd look like with your drop. Only 2 of the tyres hold air though! :p

slow vw said:
The car's body was wicked low with 185/60 though, I was scraping everywhere...

what about with 195/60? cause that's the tires i have and the drop i'm putting on in 2 weeks
sory for the hijack

boxcarracer said:
what about with 195/60? cause that's the tires i have and the drop i'm putting on in 2 weeks
sory for the hijack

195-60 is the wrong size, y are you putting that ssized are you beeing cheap and trying to buy used tiresa nything that would fit??

TroPicalVR6 said:
195-60 is the wrong size, y are you putting that ssized are you beeing cheap and trying to buy used tiresa nything that would fit??

what the hell are you saying?
i bought my tires new
i asked slow vw the question not you

skeemo68 said:
i think 205's are out of the question for 6 inch wide wheels
Not at all, most manufacturers recommend a size between 5.5-7.5 for the 205.
Ideally a 6.5 or 7, but the 6 will do.

boxcarracer said:
what the hell are you saying?
i bought my tires new
i asked slow vw the question not you

Ya but he's right, you bought a totally wrong size. Those tires are way too big for your car.

12 Inch Club said:
Ya but he's right, you bought a totally wrong size. Those tires are way too big for your car.

i know its 185 the original size im not an idiot
but its not like 195 will make my car explode

and another thing
people put 195/45R15 to ridiculously large size tires on their golfs
i dont see why that clown had to attack by calling me cheap cause i put a few mm over...
anyways, enough with that, i know who to ask what on this board, without having to be personally attacked...
:cry:
:laugh:

boxcarracer said:
and another thing
people put 195/45R15 to ridiculously large size tires on their golfs
i dont see why that clown had to attack by calling me cheap cause i put a few mm over...
anyways, enough with that, i know who to ask what on this board, without having to be personally attacked...
:cry:
:laugh:

Is your car a mk3 with 14" wheels? It wasn't clear in your post. If so, then you do have the right size.
I thought you were talking about 15" wheels.

Honestly I have 205/50 on a 15x 6.3 I hate the way they look, soo bulgy.

They actualy came with 215-50 from the dealer.

I think 195-50 on that rim will look good and fit.

12 Inch Club said:
Is your car a mk3 with 14" wheels? It wasn't clear in your post. If so, then you do have the right size.
I thought you were talking about 15" wheels.

its 14"
the cl came with 185/60R14
while the gl came (as an option i think?) with 195/60R14
either way, i think tropical got confused too, which isnt a problem, that's why i asked slow vw the question
its all good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back