Anyone been to Germany?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huy

Legacy Member
I'm going to Frankfurt, Germany to work for a few months. Anyone been there before, and any suggestions for things to do and see?

Bring soccer shoes, these people play it all the time. I mean every opportunity they get, its a great way to meet people, if you've got nothing to do and see a game in the street, join in :)

You wont be too far from Marburg! Very nice medieval town on the north east direction (around an hour drive if I remember well). The Frankfurt zoo and natural science museum were very nice and interesting few years ago.

Respect the speed limits at all costs. Respect the red lights. And dont walk across the streets outside of the pedestrians zones at the intersections. Fines are very expensives. Germans cops are very serious with the laws. It is the antipode if you compare it to our walking and driving habits.

Thank you for the suggestions guys. I'm gonna pick up one of those 'Lonely Planet' guides and do some more reading. I'm interested in knowing more about the club scene, restaurants, sights to see, things to do after work and at night. You know...too much work makes it dull.

go check out the Porsche factory
i did that when i was 9 years old
wow....

apart from that remember you gotta pay for everything
Ketchup at MCdonalds $$$
take a leak at the mall $$$
even some Hotels charge you for 10minutes of shower usage

lol
ive been there when i was 9 and 16... autobahn is sick when some nice ass cars like Ferrari and Porsche pass you at likes 250-260km/h

For sure I'll try to visit some of the auto manufacturers if they give tours. And, no worries about costs....full expenses paid by the company! :)

persianrider said:
go check out the Porsche factory
i did that when i was 9 years old
wow....

apart from that remember you gotta pay for everything
Ketchup at MCdonalds $$$
take a leak at the mall $$$
even some Hotels charge you for 10minutes of shower usage

lol
ive been there when i was 9 and 16... autobahn is sick when some nice ass cars like Ferrari and Porsche pass you at likes 250-260km/h

Huy said:
For sure I'll try to visit some of the auto manufacturers if they give tours. And, no worries about costs....full expenses paid by the company! :)

The Mercedes factory is in Stuttgart.

Whoever said that Germany is a shit hole is an uneducated peasant who probably only leaves his bum ass studio apartment to go get more Force 10 and shish taouk. Given that much of Germany was bombed to kingdom come 60 years ago, a lot of it is relatively quite modern, and extremely efficient.

Frankfurt is a bit "corporate"... It's the financial center of Germany. I have spent a few days in Frankfurt in summer 2001 and a total of 3 weeks in Germany.

You will certainly want to explore the Bavarian country ; don't waste your time on black forest, there is nothing to do there (except if you are a spa and natural hot spring lover). Take your car and head to Munich (nice city!) and go approx 125-150km south-south-west near the Austrian border to the Neuschwanstein castle. It's a mix of the Cinderella castle (in fact, the Walt Disney castle is based on Neuschwanstein (not a joke btw!)) and mountain background.

neus1.jpg

You will also want to visit the Dachau concentration camp near Munich. Really a must...

Last suggestion : take a weekend and head to Austria: Vienna obviously but also Salzburg (what a %#$%# nice city!! My favorite) and Innsbruck.

Food in Germany is horrible relatively speaking... Wine is ok but only the white (Gewerstraminer from the Rhine).

Chuck, thanks for the tips. I'll be in Frankfurt working for a major bank there. I need to pick up some travel books on Germany, that's for sure.

Chuck-S4 said:
Frankfurt is a bit "corporate"... It's the financial center of Germany. I have spent a few days in Frankfurt in summer 2001 and a total of 3 weeks in Germany.

You will certainly want to explore the Bavarian country ; don't waste your time on black forest, there is nothing to do there (except if you are a spa and natural hot spring lover). Take your car and head to Munich (nice city!) and go approx 125-150km south-south-west near the Austrian border to the Neuschwanstein castle. It's a mix of the Cinderella castle (in fact, the Walt Disney castle is based on Neuschwanstein (not a joke btw!)) and mountain background.

neus1.jpg

You will also want to visit the Dachau concentration camp near Munich. Really a must...

Last suggestion : take a weekend and head to Austria: Vienna obviously but also Salzburg (what a %#$%# nice city!! My favorite) and Innsbruck.

Food in Germany is horrible relatively speaking... Wine is ok but only the white (Gewerstraminer from the Rhine).

smoke weed with a cop and take pics of it

them post it on the web ;)
he'll be soooo owned all over the world

What s cool about europe in general,to get to a place it doesn t take for ever,everything is relatively close,by car or train(trains are awesome clean fast and very comfortable).

Frankfurt has a lot of activities from last time I remember(12years ago),we actually went to see the Frankfurt Galaxy(Farm League of the NFL),people just had a blast.
Not very far away from that Stadium there is the area (sorry can t recall name ) with tons of taverns,pubs,restaurants (hungarian,polish,russian and of course german) and clubs.
It wasn t the high class area ,but people meeting and exchange was easy going there.

I couldnt tell you much about the history and cultural aspects of Frankfurt,pretty sure the Info Tourism can help.

Viel Glueck und viel spass
zum Wohl/Prost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back