Can Videotron Illico be hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm sure it's hackable
but i think you'll get caught - or alteast. it's easier for you to get caught than hacking bell for example.
videotron listens/monitors their cables - when they see something unusual, they send a truck.... - simillar to a friend of mine who was hacking videotron internet and getting 8mbit/sec download w/ free service...
next thing he knows, cops are raiding his place and took all his shit plus he got to apear in court...

point is - it's NOT recomended - then again, i could be wrong.

They send the signal from the main switch, that's how your box knows which channels to show and which one's not to.

So I doubt it.

With satellites, the full signal is sent to everyone, and the cards and receivers then show the channels you subscribed to.

yep, wouldn't work! at least I don't see how! since it's a 2-way system, they know exactly that what is sent has to come back the same way

digital cable is NOT hackable.

the only known trick is for free pay per view movies which works only 50% of the time. i order cricket often, and ive been charged for some, not for others.

you need a thing called a digital cable filter (sold on ebay for about 99 cents). what that does is prevents the box from sending information OUT, but lets information IN. when u order a PV movie from the box, NOT calling in. the information comes in, but the filter blocks the info from going back to videotron.

the memory stays in the box however. if u remove the filter, the data will flow right though and, u will get cahrged for everything. so u need to learn how to reset ur box. there are several ways on teh net. when i had the regular box (non HD) i knew how to reset it, and it worked maybe 70% of the time. now with the new HD box i have, out of about 5 movies, i only got 1 free. it doesnt reset properly.

seach for google on digital cable filter, and scientific atlanta box reset, ull find something.

but its really not worth the risk..if illegal is what ur lookin for, satelite is teh way to go.

ifeelbad said:

motorola cable boxes used by Cogeco Cable outside montreal and also by many other cables suppliers have a bdm port inside ....

now do a google search on what is bdm and how it works ....
you could be surprised ok I have said enought :p

illico is a scientific atlanta box
best you could do afaik is to clone it with a second legit box
unless you have a special software and could telnet inside your box ...

ifeelbad said:

the only known trick is for free pay per view movies which works only 50% of the time. i order cricket often, and ive been charged for some, not for others.

you need a thing called a digital cable filter (sold on ebay for about 99 cents). what that does is prevents the box from sending information OUT, but lets information IN. when u order a PV movie from the box, NOT calling in. the information comes in, but the filter blocks the info from going back to videotron.

the memory stays in the box however. if u remove the filter, the data will flow right though and, u will get cahrged for everything. so u need to learn how to reset ur box. there are several ways on teh net. when i had the regular box (non HD) i knew how to reset it, and it worked maybe 70% of the time. now with the new HD box i have, out of about 5 movies, i only got 1 free. it doesnt reset properly.

seach for google on digital cable filter, and scientific atlanta box reset, ull find something.

but its really not worth the risk..if illegal is what ur lookin for, satelite is teh way to go.
That's pretty much the only way right now with the Scientific Atlanta boxes Videotron uses... and it's not 100% everytime.

ya, just get FTA.... 200$ and you're good to go.

no need to deal with the hassle. plus why would you want to hack videotron's crappy choice anyways?

screw fta, go 102.

and cable is 2 way, unless you run a filter, you'll get caught.

the only way i see it working is using a cmputer as a decryptor in an intermediary setup. however, even a bloody fast computer cannot decrypt at 30fps. serials are kept on boxes, so you will have to spoof a set top box via software, decryt the incoming transmission, and forward it to your TV.

possible, but why do all that when you can get sat.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back