drift ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Devil

Legacy Member
hey....

can you get a ticket for drifting a parking lot?

lets say you are drifting in a parking lot and the cops come up to you, whats gonna happen?
ticket? warning?

I think they CAN give u a ticket, but if its a nice guy, he will tell u to get out of there!!

dunno but on my way to fairview, at the entrance there was a cop waiting at a red light.he was coming out of the mall,guess they read the boards after all

Originally posted by M85Iroc-Z
i've been stopped once for that! he just told me to be careful and have fun. cool cop = rare cop

Same with my friend and I.

Normally, they will simply ask you to leave the place and go home (not go drift elsewhere...)... Generally. If they catch you again, that's different.

Originally posted by Chuck-S4
Normally, they will simply ask you to leave the place and go home (not go drift elsewhere...)... Generally. If they catch you again, that's different.

yea, 9 out of 10 times they will just tell you to go home.... but they wont be as friendly the next time.... as long as the parking lot is empty and is not full of ppl... the chance of you getting a ticket are high if its 3:30 while doing your last min xmas shopping on xmas eve and half the world is shopping too.... any other time, you sould be ok.

i've been stopped for it like 3 or 4 times (and it includes in the summer) and i never had any problems
most of the time they just tell you to get the f*ck out

ouin, mais moi jai pogner un chien, si jaurais pas sortie de mon char pour aller lui parler , il maurais mit une conduite dangeureuse....

I was drifting in a mall at 1am one day, empty, and when the cops came, he just wanted to check if i was fine, and actually complemented me on some drifts that i pulled.. i asked him if i had t leave and he said no, so i stayed a bit longer and then went home... nice dude.. just say you're pracitcing your handbreak techniques since it's the first time you take this car out for winter or something..

I don't think the police can give you a ticket for dangerous driving or any road related offence if you are not on a public roadway.

i dont think they would give you a wreckless driving ticket for drifting in a parking lot, unless they were in an awful mood!!!
its like 6 points and $430.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back