Colballt : My review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont care what GM says about calling it a whole new platform..

its a soild beam rear.. and im sorry to say its just a Cavalier with new sheetmetal.

But i find its a great car for GM

Gregster said:
I dont care what GM says about calling it a whole new platform..

its a soild beam rear.. and im sorry to say its just a Cavalier with new sheetmetal.

But i find its a great car for GM

Nope isnt the same, semi rigid, even got more grip than a rsx! All test proved that! I've been putting some crazy cornering to the test and never failed! Plus the rigidity of the new platform give an extra point for the handling!

whai said:
Nope isnt the same, semi rigid, even got more grip than a rsx! All test proved that! I've been putting some crazy cornering to the test and never failed! Plus the rigidity of the new platform give an extra point for the handling!

I dont believe that unless you post some links

The rear beam is the exact same as the rear beam in a jbody. Ive seen the undersides of both cars countless times.

I don't think it handles as well as a type s

The cavalier was havin a plain solid beam, now on the Delta platform it's a 90 degree bent sheet of metal with holes in it to be able to flex it. The back wheels have almost 1 feet of traveling independently! Ive test it once the car was on the lift!

it's a semi independant suspension in the back, which may not be the best technology available right now, but it's still pretty good and light years ahead of the Cavalier.

The one that handles well, that is compared to the RSX_S is the SS S/C which has sport suspension, bigger whee;s, bigger and better tires that the stock model.

Lexus said:
it's a semi independant suspension in the back, which may not be the best technology available right now, but it's still pretty good and light years ahead of the Cavalier.

The one that handles well, that is compared to the RSX_S is the SS S/C which has sport suspension, bigger whee;s, bigger and better tires that the stock model.

I drove it and wasnt impressed with at all. But thats me.

and i didnt notice the holes, but I still think they should have went with Full Independant..

hell even the accent has it.

T-spec said:
So i get a rental car from the insurance *td* :cry:

This car is $15,710 stock from Gm, the new Honda civic is $16000....

Actually the new Civic is 16 800.

Freight and other fees are 1000$ at GM and 1200 at Honda.

So basically in terms of REAL base prices we're talking:
Cobalt: (15 710 + 1000)* 1.155 = 19 300
Civic: (16 800 + 1200)* 1.155 = 20 790

So a difference of 1490$.

Now in most people's case (especially those who buy these type of cheap cars), they often go with financing.

At GM you cat get most of the time 0% for 60 months.
At Honda the rate is 6.4% right now for the new Civic, for financing; 7.4 for lease.

So calculate 6.4 % APR over 5 years on 20 790 we're talking in the area of 4000$ of interest.
So the total price difference (for someone who wants 60 months with 0 down) is in the area of 5500$ between a base Civic and a base Cobalt.

I'm not saying it's not worth it, that depends on what the buyer is looking for and what he/she has as a priority, but this difference isn't small and can make a big difference for someone on a budget.

Gregster said:
I drove it and wasnt impressed with at all. But thats me.

and i didnt notice the holes, but I still think they should have went with Full Independant..

hell even the accent has it.

u drove which, regular or SS?

i agree they kinda went cheap in some areas where they shouldn;t of. They should have put a full independent suspension in the back and definetely disc brakes all around. Instead they put some stuff that some cars in this class don;t even have it available, like a trip computer, which is usefull but not essential like the above menstioned stuff.
It's a still a very decent car for the price IMO.

Lexus said:
u drove which, regular or SS?

i agree they kinda went cheap in some areas where they shouldn;t of. They should have put a full independent suspension in the back and definetely disc brakes all around. Instead they put some stuff that some cars in this class don;t even have it available, like a trip computer, which is usefull but not essential like the above menstioned stuff.
It's a still a very decent car for the price IMO.

I drove both cars

for a Gm is a step in the right direction but it wouldnt be my first choice for a track car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back