Guess who's back with 550WHP EK Civic

Status
Not open for further replies.
MonOncTsi said:
I dunno. Maybe your numbers are high, or maybe mine are low. :dunno:

Bottom line, my favorite dyno number is the trap speed vs weight. ;)

I have a lot of respect for team haveaNOSday. You guys work hard and are true racers *tu*

Not to put anyone down or anything, I have to agree with Monoc.
The math is off, and dyno figures can be deceiving.
546HP in a 1835lb car will trap 157 MPH and go 8.65 ET (with excellent traction)
With fair traction probably around 9.20
Trap speed VS weight is the only actual HP figure you can rely on.

Numbers are just numbers ! ;) Like Mononc said the real life is at the track.

For Mononc ; the turbo is not that big , Garrett GT3540 and a stock Manual ITR LSD Tranny :D

We know for sure that if he want to use 28" inch slick we will have some power delivery issue with the axles , diff, ring gear and pinion as we had experimented on the old 4 doors. But like Frank said, the car is not ment to be a drag car only , it's his street toy :D

AHP_DC5 said:
Numbers are just numbers ! ;) Like Mononc said the real life is at the track.

For Mononc ; the turbo is not that big , Garrett GT3540 and a stock Manual ITR LSD Tranny :D

We know for sure that if he want to use 28" inch slick we will have some power delivery issue with the axles , diff, ring gear and pinion as we had experimented on the old 4 doors. But like Frank said, the car is not ment to be a drag car only , it's his street toy :D

stock trans?

is this a street trim car? hes going to drive it daily on his 550whp tune using the stock ITR tranny?

Like everyone that knows a thing about drag racing, traction is the key, hp is nice but sometimes (often) you will run faster with less hp, or very close with alot more hp, wich is frustrating but that's the game.

We are competing in power adder street. and we have switch to a custom 3 speed automatic with a all new motor/turbo/tire set up, we have very high goals but it will be hard, sure will be nice to have more competitor.

RACEHEADS said:
I have a lot of respect for team haveaNOSday. You guys work hard and are true racers *tu*

Not to put anyone down or anything, I have to agree with Monoc.
The math is off, and dyno figures can be deceiving.
546HP in a 1835lb car will trap 157 MPH and go 8.65 ET (with excellent traction)
With fair traction probably around 9.20
Trap speed VS weight is the only actual HP figure you can rely on.

exactly we have potential to run 8's because we're trapping 150 mph but spinning the whole way. I've seen rail cars trapping 138 mph running 8's. BUT busting 1.00-.9's 60 foots FWD will NEVER hook as good as RWD which sucks. Like Chris Rado said "passion over glory I can run crazy numbers and blow everone's doors off in a RWD but I choose to try and do it FWD" nov.or dec. issue modified magazine.
P.S can't wait for next season*tu*

Cowbell said:
stock trans?

is this a street trim car? hes going to drive it daily on his 550whp tune using the stock ITR tranny?

Why not? It's not a daily driven car but his street toy !

MonOncTsi said:
I dunno. Maybe your numbers are high, or maybe mine are low. :dunno:

Bottom line, my favorite dyno number is the trap speed vs weight. ;)

Et si c'est pas indiscret, c'est quoi le turbo, injecteurs, transmission du nouveau bolide à Francis? Merci.

Francois
tes chiffre sont loins d'être bon lol

155MPH dans 2420livres 703whp loin du Dyno a 556WHP

et jason a 150mph dans 1835lbs = 483whp

Les Gros chiffre de Dyno sont loins d'impresionner le MPH a la track ne ment pas *tu*

Again not to knock anyone down.
Monoc, Denis is right, your dyno numbers don't add up either?
I come up with 692 HP with a weight of 2420lb @ 155 MPH.
Pretty close to Denis calculation. Maybe both our calculations are wrong :dunno:

My 2 cents on dynos...
Most of the time they are not properly calibrated.
How many of you guys go to a Dyno session and see the operator check fuel SG, calibrate temp, humidity, and barometer readings in front of you?
Even if he does, how many guys here really know what the operator is doing?
Is the dyno itself calibrated with the TQ calibration arm, or other calibration tool?
If yes, then when was the last time the calibration was done?

We've raced a car with 389HP and beat a "exact" similar car that claimed 545 HP by a margin of .6 seconds and 6MPH, on the same day, same track, same weight + or - 50lb
This builder claimed 156 HP more on their engine than ours :yikes:
So which Dyno do you believe? Which shop do you believe? What is a client supposed to believe? Pretty screwed up eh? :(

imo, a Dyno is a great tuning AID / TOOL, and that's all!
As I said in the past....Who RACES A DYNO anyways?
Strip HP is real HP ;)

RACEHEADS said:
Again not to knock anyone down.
Monoc, Denis is right, your dyno numbers don't add up either?
I come up with 692 HP with a weight of 2420lb @ 155 MPH.
Pretty close to Denis calculation. Maybe both our calculations are wrong :dunno:

Differents caculations I guess. I found 3 on the net: LRT, Hale's and Fox's. Hale's looks right for my car and also gave me 703hp for 155mph.

Which one do you use ?

Wow, j ai hate de voir le retour de Francis!

C etait assez impressionant dans le temps, je n aie pas peur pour lui. Sa civic 4 doors il la prenait dans rue aussi. Ce n etait pas un trailer bitch!!

:D

Bonne chance Francis!!

XxJDMCivicxX said:
You can call it street trim if hes making that 550whp on 94 octane :).

civch22nitro said:
pour le civic il va faire 600 hp au roue mes la map 3 bar etais bon pour 28psi mes jai commendé un 5 bar pour allé a 33psi cher pas si sa va etre mieux que mon civic 4 porte sa reste a voir 600hp pour un char qui roule dans rue sé assé fort

You can go the cheap route and get a motorola 3.5 Bar or get their 4 or 4.5 bar maps. For the price difference though 5 bar is the wait to go *tu*

Civic_TSI said:
Differents caculations I guess. I found 3 on the net: LRT, Hale's and Fox's. Hale's looks right for my car and also gave me 703hp for 155mph.

Which one do you use ?

Whatever works for you *tu* keep on using it.
I have an old Hale's, another that was on one of my old comps (I don't remember the name :eek: ), one from MP, and the good ol reliable Moroso PS Calculator.

The #s I gave were taken from Moroso PSC and it's within 1.5% of the Hale's you used.
(Moroso's one of my favorites, by the way. Easy to use, accurate, bring it anywhere, do gear & compression calcs, and more... all this for just $20)

Remembering both are using the actual MPH & Wt in the 1320 to derive HP figures.
I believe 1.5% difference is good from one calc method to another. ie: 692 Hp to 703 Hp.
However, when you compare 703 Hp to 556 Hp from actual Dyno, that's a huge 26.4% difference.

Makes you wonder if Dyno HP is really worth bragging about eh?

Civic_TSI said:

Which one do you use ?

In 2004 we used SMP dyno, but to be frank, we couldn't get a reading at high boost cause it was spinning on the rollers...

In 2005, we used Buschur Racing's Mustang dyno. He told me that his dyno was set to be conservative. Not long ago, he tested the same car (an EVO VIII), same day, same setup between his dyno and a dynojet and his was reading 22% lower than the Dynojet. Also, we run an automatic with a high stall converter. It does rob some HPs compared to a 5 speed.

Back on topic, I'll say that it must take giant balls to drive a FWD car that powerful on the streets! :yikes:

Al3x_666 said:
Wow, j ai hate de voir le retour de Francis!

C etait assez impressionant dans le temps, je n aie pas peur pour lui. Sa civic 4 doors il la prenait dans rue aussi. Ce n etait pas un trailer bitch!!

:D

Bonne chance Francis!!

you calling our cars trailer bitches.....bitch

haveaNOSday said:
you calling our cars trailer bitches.....bitch

either run a 9.9 all motor, or run a 9.9 on a daily driver FI setup (note: on street gas, street tune) if you want to impress

I don't care what any one says noone can run 9's in a street trim FWD.

BTW when everyone see's what we're coming out with for next season everybody will be very impressed! It's takes a hell of alot of work and talent to run a full drag set up. wait I got it so SMP charger is not inpressive go back to the general section NOOB!

Cowbell said:
because i think he will start burning up synchros if hes not careful

Burning synchro has nothing to do with HP NOOB :D :D

And believe me this guy is soft on tranny's ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back