2006 Rav4....Fast???

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC22

Legacy Member
In a world when a stock Neon runs a sub 14 sec 1/4m and a Jeep can do 0-60 in under 5 sec,The Toyota Rav4 is another shocker. not as fast as those 2 but fast for a Rav.

I always looked at them like cheap little SUV's. not a bad little car/truck but its the economy car of small trucks.

However that has now changed. the 2006 Rav 4 has a 269hp, 3.5l v6.....

It runs a 6.3 sec 0-60 and breaks into the 14's in thre 1/4 ( 14.9@94 mph).

Although not record breaking by anymeans its still an amazing thing to see considering that this is wrx, rsx-s, rx8 teritory (or close to it).

http://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObj...s.Rav4-q6jw9En1rJEoQdmAvE5w8M/3.11?intro.html

We are going to need to balance things out soon, now that SUVs or any performance oriented compacts are running 14s real sports cars(350z, RX8, S2000, boxster, Z4, etc) and entry lever luxury sedans(3 series, IS, TSX, G35s, etc) are going to have to step up and do much better.

RWDLover1 said:
We are going to need to balance things out soon, now that SUVs or any performance oriented compacts are running 14s real sports cars(350z, RX8, S2000, boxster, Z4, etc) and entry lever luxury sedans(3 series, IS, TSX, G35s, etc) are going to have to step up and do much better.

Its getting crazy.

The new IS is already sprinting the 0-60 in 5 sec and the traps the 1/4 at 103 mph. New 330's are also running low 5 sec sprints and traping at like 99 mph. how much faster can these cars get stock? soon a regular non M class BMW will run sub 5 sec 0-60 etc. i think its nuts.

ac22 said:
In a world when a stock Neon runs a sub 14 sec 1/4m and a Jeep can do 0-60 in under 5 sec,The Toyota Rav4 is another shocker. not as fast as those 2 but fast for a Rav.

I always looked at them like cheap little SUV's. not a bad little car/truck but its the economy car of small trucks.

However that has now changed. the 2006 Rav 4 has a 269hp, 3.5l v6.....

It runs a 6.3 sec 0-60 and breaks into the 14's in thre 1/4 ( 14.9@94 mph).

Although not record breaking by anymeans its still an amazing thing to see considering that this is wrx, rsx-s, rx8 teritory (or close to it).

http://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObj...s.Rav4-q6jw9En1rJEoQdmAvE5w8M/3.11?intro.html

Wow, I still don't like the look but the 14.9 is amazing. Its faster than a rx-8 FYI and rsx-s (I know I'm going to get bashed for that).

But yeah I agree its getting crazy. Its going to go down sooner or later with gas price. Or they are going to find a way to make fast hybrid cars but its going to be so expensive...

newschooler said:
Wow, I still don't like the look but the 14.9 is amazing. Its faster than a rx-8 FYI and rsx-s (I know I'm going to get bashed for that).

But yeah I agree its getting crazy. Its going to go down sooner or later with gas price. Or they are going to find a way to make fast hybrid cars but its going to be so expensive...

You mean, as fast as an rsx-s and rx-8

I love speed, i love power but its getting out of hand. i mean, think about it. you just got your new rx-8 a high reving amazing sports car. you give it all it has, look over and a Rav-4 is running with you or being a happy new STI owner driving your 300 hp road rocket...then you get spanked by a SRT-8 Jeep.

Those SUV, fast or not, are always sticking in the left lane... even if they can do 0-100 in less than 7 seconds....

maze said:
You mean, as fast as an rsx-s and rx-8

well the rx-8 in the specs are something like 15.1 and my friend did 15.3 with his. So I'm guessing, I mean I suppose IMHO a stock rx-8 can't do 14.9

As for the type S...I won't even start.

Yeah, toyota is really going for big power these days it seems.
Is350: 306hp...KILLING Mercedes and BMW
LS460: 380hp 8 speed v8
Avalon: 268hp
Rav4: 269hp

the sports cars MUST be next....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back