Insurance: Claim as myself or as occasional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am 22 yrs of age, absolutely no tickets no points deducted. 100% clean record since I was 16. Thinking about getting a 92 civic HB. Would I get the best priced insurance if...

1) I registered the car under my name
2) I registered a family member (grandmother) and then assigned myself as 2nd or occasional driver.

About how much would I be paying?

Thanks *tu*

you'll be paying like 400$ or less for the whole year one way.
put it in your name, to avoid complications of any sort.
you're not registering a bmw so dont worry about huge costs.

MyRidzPhucked said:
you'll be paying like 400$ or less for the whole year one way.
put it in your name, to avoid complications of any sort.
you're not registering a bmw so dont worry about huge costs.

Only 400$ for one way? I'm guessing it wouldnt be worth getting 2 way. Anyone else have any estimates or suggestions?

no way in hell is it worth it for a 92 civic.
we cant give you quotes because we arent you lol
you'll have to call around for that yourself.

And i'm only "quoting" 400$
my 1990 corolla was 320$, and i've had 3 accidents. and i'm with a broker, regular insurance wont insure me
so you're looking at a very good rate. Besides, if you crash, at least you're covered for life threatening problems.. if you break the car, parts are literally a dime a dozen.

For my 90 Civic, I am paying about 200$/year. and I got the contract when I was 20.
ThirteenInchMags, I will give you a number of a company to call and ask.

Does this mean ONE WAY coverage?
Third Party Liability Coverage*: $1,000,000
Collision or Upset Deductible*: No Coverage
Comprehensive Deductible*: No Coverage

just be careful if your putting your self as occasional driver....On my old car, I was 3rd and I had a accident and totalled the car. The guy from the insurance company almost refused my claim (Insurance fraud) cause he knew the car was mine and not actually the first drivers (my mom) since it was lowered, rims, skirt, muffler...and ws done to save money. At the end he paid the claim but I had to back pay my whole insurance policy....

do NOT go to liberty mutual.

they were charging me 3300$ one way for my talon's... well, one at a time, but i've had a few.. anyways I went to a broker and i'm now paying 900$

this is after 3 accidents, its turbocharged, 2 door sports car. your civic seriously shouldnt be over 300$. dont stop looking for insurance and dont go for that online crap. talk to a broker or insurance adjuster in person.

You'll never pay 400$ when you're 22, I'm 17, first car, first driver, and I'm paying 360$, for a Toyota Paseo. But a civic may be more, I don't know !

no one pays for two way full coverage unless the car is new.
i pay 180.00 for a 1988 16V scirocco and 230.00 for a 1997 civic.
per year of course

scirocco16valve said:
no one pays for two way full coverage unless the car is new.
i pay 180.00 for a 1988 16V scirocco and 230.00 for a 1997 civic.
per year of course

that doesnt count you're twice our age :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back