1000cc injector on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EasyRyder

if i changed my sotck injecotr for these 1000cc one what would it do? better firing...?? better power..??

Bigger injectors will send more fuel, but to use more fuel, you need more air (more boost), to need 1000cc injectors, you need like 800whp. And to fit bigger injectors you will need to tune the A/F ratios, either with an ECU tune (Almasi, Enthlapy, JWT) or using an S-AFCII with a wideband A/F gauge (narrowband A/F like the Autometer ones are garbage) or also using an aftermarket ECU like HKS F-Con, Apex'i Power FC, Greddy e-manage, etc, etc, etc

Before you think of bigger injectors, I'd suggest getting an intake, exhaust, FMIC, boost controller, with only this, you could probably get like 250whp reliably out of the RB20DET (up from like 190whp.)

When you do decide to get bigger injectors, I'd also get a bigger turbo and bigger MAFS (maybe, I dunno what MAFS the RB20 has). You probably won't need over like ~500cc.

Do the right things...I have tuned RB20DET, RB25DET, and RB26DETT, here is the bottle neck for the RB20DET:

1- Exhaust (for sure...it's turbo)
2- Front Mount Intercooler (don't push the stock one over 240WHP)
3- Injectors (Stock one will be maxed at ~ 230WHP)
4-Turbo (Stock turbo is small....and kills the top end power, maximum 230WHP)
5- MAF (good up to ~280WHP, then upgrade to the 300ZX 90-96 same physical size but able to read more air)

What to do,
#1 Exhaust 3"

#2 Big Intercooler...why not a stock GTR one, good for 400WHP

#3 The stock GTR injectors + resistor pack would be a good upgrade, they can puch ~400WHP max

#4 GT2871R 0.86A/R with the T3 flange option or GT30R...if you are on a lower buget, a simple T3/T4 with the right trim will be good! (we have done a GT30R on a RB25DET, and full boost was like ~3000 RPM)

#5 Z32 MAF, part number end by N62 (make sure you get this) it's 80mm, or if you want bigger, the Q45 MAF, 90mm both measure almost the same flow level.

And for sure....ECU tuning to calibrate all this and make a reliable setup with big power!!! :)Dyno Time:)

Robin

Last edited:
i wonder why people always stick with the stock ecu
stand alone are getting more and more affordable , and with the price you save on constant reprograming it almost pays by itself

well, considering you can tune the stock ECU on a Skyline, why not keep it?

go see Robin, retune stock ECU for 250-300$ or so.. compared to paying for the standalone and then still having to go tune

money saved is more money to spend on the motor

Heres an example of where you need 1000 CC injectors. Keep in mind this is an RB30, twin T78's, Topsecret drag tank, and is holding 12, 1000 CC injectors.

DSCF2384.jpg

DSCF2379.jpg

S14 Drift! said:
Do the right things...I have tuned RB20DET, RB25DET, and RB26DETT, here is the bottle neck for the RB20DET:

1- Exhaust (for sure...it's turbo)
2- Front Mount Intercooler (don't push the stock one over 240WHP)
3- Injectors (Stock one will be maxed at ~ 230WHP)
4-Turbo (Stock turbo is small....and kills the top end power, maximum 230WHP)
5- MAF (good up to ~280WHP, then upgrade to the 300ZX 90-96 same physical size but able to read more air)

What to do,
#1 Exhaust 3"

#2 Big Intercooler...why not a stock GTR one, good for 400WHP

#3 The stock GTR injectors + resistor pack would be a good upgrade, they can puch ~400WHP max

#4 GT2871R 0.86A/R with the T3 flange option or GT30R...if you are on a lower buget, a simple T3/T4 with the right trim will be good! (we have done a GT30R on a RB25DET, and full boost was like ~3000 RPM)

#5 Z32 MAF, part number end by N62 (make sure you get this) it's 80mm, or if you want bigger, the Q45 MAF, 90mm both measure almost the same flow level.

And for sure....ECU tuning to calibrate all this and make a reliable setup with big power!!! :)Dyno Time:)

Robin
ill contact you when i need some prices..... we will be in touch shortly!

Robin Almasi (S14 drift) is the best Nissan tuner in town. You want to deal with him for the best results.

cool, well, theres a few people that im going to go see for some advice and ill see who the lucky installer will be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back