bimmer came before me.. The sound of this V10
1-800.jpg
is just INSANE :bigup: .
I just wanted to share with ya.
0502022.jpg
M5 hauls ass !!!

Wow !

The new M5 is really of great car!

And the new 5-serie style is not that bad... it takes time to get used to...

One of my neighbors has one. The vanity plate says "BMW V10" lol. The sound is phenomenal.

Emre

Of course its the best for you, its 400hp v8 and now its a v10 500hp that weighs almost the same with 7 speed smg, its obvious that they backtracked when it comes to performance

go team!

Is it me or the tastes on MR are one of the most conservative there is (loving all the retro Ford GT, Mustang looks, but hating on Bangle's designs that Mercedes (ie new S-class), Lexus (new LS), etc... are all trying to imitate

Or is it the fact that everyone on this forum owns old Bimmers that there is a certain negative bias against the new ones...:dunno: :dunno:

BigHit said:
i see M5, M3 every day. get a grip :p

nice car but old one will always be best for me

white325ci said:
Is it me or the tastes on MR are one of the most conservative there is (loving all the retro Ford GT, Mustang looks, but hating on Bangle's designs that Mercedes (ie new S-class), Lexus (new LS), etc... are all trying to imitate

Or is it the fact that everyone on this forum owns old Bimmers that there is a certain negative bias against the new ones...:dunno: :dunno:
HAting the new BMW style is so widespread that there is an anti-Bangle web hater petition website. I think they look like Buicks. I prefer N-1 designs such as E46, E39 designs, and some of the older styles (not too fond of the E36 look though).

dcaron999 said:
HAting the new BMW style is so widespread that there is an anti-Bangle web hater petition website. I think they look like Buicks. I prefer N-1 designs such as E46, E39 designs, and some of the older styles (not too fond of the E36 look though).

I personally only thought the 7 series bangle design was his truly bad one, you can't possibly hate the 5er or 3er considering so many people who have bought both. Maybe its also a demographic issue (car enthusiasts who post on car forums instead regular car consumers who never frequent such places) differents types of people have a specific types of taste in cars. The opinion expressed on car forums are thus biased and not a fair representation of the general car purchasing population. Remeber most BMW owners are not car enthusiasts, they're middle aged men, who don't have the time of day to be posting on car forums, and that is what BMW the company caters to.

Last edited:
Alfa1 said:
The E34 was the best IMO.
Personally, I still prefer the original E28 M5 over any of the newer ones. I like the philosophy of that car. And I love the handling of the E28 with it's semi-trailing arm rear suspension and complete lack of driver aids (except for ABS). For me, it's the perfect daily driver.

Emre

LanEvo said:
Personally, I still prefer the original E28 M5 over any of the newer ones. I like the philosophy of that car. And I love the handling of the E28 with it's semi-trailing arm rear suspension and complete lack of driver aids (except for ABS). For me, it's the perfect daily driver.

Emre

The E28 is a great car but I prefer the engine and look of the E34. The E28 is would be my second favourite but I would take the E30 M3 instead.

Alfa1 said:
The E28 is a great car but I prefer the engine and look of the E34. The E28 is would be my second favourite but I would take the E30 M3 instead.
I would defenetly buy a E30 M3 rather than a newer one.Personal taste and it is a different M3 compared to all the others.I like the N/A 4 banger,the light weight seting.

My 2 cents.

The E60 M5 is a technological marvel but I don't see the point in buying one. Better off buying a 530i/545i as a family car and invest in a true sports car, such as an E30 M3, Porsche 911, etc...

Then again, wait for a lease return and pick-it up for $60K in 3-years (1/2 price).

Tony20v said:
I would defenetly buy a E30 M3 rather than a newer one.Personal taste and it is a different M3 compared to all the others.I like the N/A 4 banger,the light weight seting.

My 2 cents.

Hmmm... Me too I much prefer older Bimmers. They might not be the best cars, but they give you the most fun. Until a few years ago, I also had a Euro 1979 635CSi with 4 liter MM engine, but it was too big to be track worthy... Sold it on the West coast.

1983 Hartge H23, 1989 M3, 1969 2002

10079.jpg

Lee said:
Hmmm... Me too I much prefer older Bimmers. They might not be the best cars, but they give you the most fun. Until a few years ago, I also had a Euro 1979 635CSi with 4 liter MM engine, but it was too big to be track worthy... Sold it on the West coast.

1983 Hartge H23, 1989 M3, 1969 2002

10079.jpg

You've nailed it dead on! Are we going to be as excited in 20-years about the E46, E90? Don't think so...

VWSpeed said:
You've nailed it dead on! Are we going to be as excited in 20-years about the E46, E90? Don't think so...

Hmm...I think maybe its due to the fact of the lack of its novelty? People just like to appreciate exoticness no matter how unreliable and problematic. People will be enjoying Lotus Elise/Exiges, Z8's in 20 years and not e90 and e46s...why? ...cuz its exotic...that's why...

The e30's, 2002's brings passion because not every suburban family had those at the time due to BMW being an non mainstream brand at the time and thus, had a certain unique appeal to those. Has nothing to do with good engineering, reliability, etc...

I think I spotted a m6 in Toronto last week end, it had the M typical side grills, I didn't had the opportunity to pay closer attention since I was trying to find my way downtown

dcaron999 said:

It's funny to hate Bangle and to like the E46 design at the same time.

Bangle designed the E46! *byewhore*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back