What R U guys paying for M3 insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats great news....man i was freaked out. I was getting quotes of 4800 dollars on kenetix. did u have any tickets, claims, points?

The only thing im worried about is the my stolen car. Im just worried my premium will fly upwards because of that :(

I had no points when I opened the policy. I have 6 points now (2 tickets) but that had no negative effect. They only ask when you switch companies.
I have no claims on record in Canada.

I can't say if your rates will be higher because of the stolen car. I don't think 1 claim will sink you, though.

I had no points when I opened the policy. I have 6 points now (2 tickets) but that had no negative effect. They only ask when you switch companies.
I have no claims on record in Canada.

I can't say if your rates will be higher because of the stolen car. I don't think 1 claim will sink you, though.

Thanks for the comforting news MstrBlstr. Honestly im looking for a miracle right now. Ive been dreaming of an M3 for a loooong time. I guess dispite my bad luck with my other car, im trying to see if there could be some small light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope Lacapitale settles fairly. And i will pull any string i can to be able to get that M3, as long as i dont die in the process :)

if u or anyone knows of a great deal on a 2001-2002 M3, please let me know.

seeing this thread came back up..

28 years old
12 years driving
10 points lost in total up to date. Only 2 on my license(paid that today)
1 write off+ 2 other carswritten off(parked) don't ask lol

94 318is Full coverage Minimul deduction like $100
96 Ford contour Full coverage same deduction $100

Insured with Allstate in Montreal and I pay about $750 a year..and when I switch cars for summer and winter, the one that is parked is free, it's covered under the house ins...don't ask how, I have no clue...And seeing I have 2 cars with them, my rates dropped 15%

So i pay roughly $500 because of that policy a year...

It's good to see what you lads are paying for M3 insurence, give me 2 years. The 08 M3 will be out, so the E46 and E36 should drop in price..Time to buy one.

you get monkey butt raped for auto insurance in canada.

We in Quebec pay peanuts compared to Ontario. I know some guys paying close to 5 G's a year for a stock E30...Now that's monkey raped.

As for me $500 for 2 cars fully insured isn't that bad. $42 a month...

Whatch out they only ask you when you switch but if you get too many and don't tell them they sometimes refuse to pay and you have to fight them

The only thing im worried about is the my stolen car. Im just worried my premium will fly upwards because of that :(
It might, it depends on the company you will be really suprised on how things vary from one to the other.

Bythe way something I learned the hard way, let's say somebody hit you but not hard so you do not make a claim but he does, you do not have a claim but there is an incident marked on your file , they affect you the same as a claim and 3 in a 5 year period and you’re screwed you become rated as high risk and some company will not even insure you. So beware

Personally I recommend to take as high a deductible as you feel comfortable with and to only claim if you get way above that ( I will not claim $800 for example) you will end up paying it anyway.

By the way I’m shopping for a 330i and I got quoted $2200 with Wawanessa , I have 2 claims (stolen car and small claim) plus 1 incident on file , I am a sales rep so I am insured for business and personal use at 30 000Km a year

Whatch out they only ask you when you switch but if you get too many and don't tell them they sometimes refuse to pay and you have to fight them

They can't refuse if they never required me to report. If I modify the car then I am obligated to report that. They don't mention in the contract that you have to report infractions. It always helps to read the contract.

They can't refuse if they never required me to report. If I modify the car then I am obligated to report that. They don't mention in the contract that you have to report infractions. It always helps to read the contract.

I remember reading in a contract that I have the obligation to report any details that could affect the evaluation of the risk that I represent.

So, too many speeding tickets, big modifications, track use??
Anyways, this is something that usually ends in court. My interpretation of a risk is not the same as my insurance cie's.

I deal with a broker (Michel Bertrand Assurances). he got me a deal with Unique, I pay $1800/year for a 05 M3. Great people to deal with and zero BS...

I deal with a broker (Michel Bertrand Assurances). he got me a deal with Unique, I pay $1800/year for a 05 M3. Great people to deal with and zero BS...

cool definitly usefull information. had my insurance meeting with lacapitale today regarding my stolen car. well see what they offer me on my next car, hopefully loyality will come in handy. if not ill give ure friend a call. what kind of fees do u pay for brokerage ?

I got a 2005 m3 (red)
24 years old
I pay 3600$/year

I had one major accident when I was 19 which totaled about $5000 on my VW. The funny thing was at the time my insurance was about $4800 before the accident.

I'm with Meloche Monnexand apparently if you're a professional it helps. I'm a dentist and I get discounts on all different insurance policies ranging from life insurance to homeowners insurance. Age is a major factor, and I've been told by insurance company to notify them when I turn 25 because my premium will drop even more.

As of driving record, at one point I had 3points left (lost 12 for speeding and other infractions), but now have been ticket free for about 2 years. Knock on wood.

cool definitly usefull information. had my insurance meeting with lacapitale today regarding my stolen car. well see what they offer me on my next car, hopefully loyality will come in handy. if not ill give ure friend a call. what kind of fees do u pay for brokerage ?

Around 40$ I believe. I have the other car and my house insured with them as well so they got me a package deal.

Around 40$ I believe. I have the other car and my house insured with them as well so they got me a package deal.

cool, thanks for that info. im going to check what my current insurance will offer me on whatever car i decide to get. if its outrageous, then ill go somewhere else for car, and wait till my home insurnace expires with them

Called 22 y-o 3200$ per year includes rebate for multiple vehicles and house insurance
1 accident in 2001 ...(only 2500$ claimed)
no tickets

I threw every criteria that could influence the quote, at my insurance rep, I managed to get about $400 rebate, which still brings me to $1000/year for a 5 year old car.

Here is the stuff I used to convince them:
BMW driver education,
10 years without claim (no incidents/accidents declared)
5 years without speeding ticket.
25 years driving experience
Boomerang-2
$1000 franchise (even got a quote for $2000 franchise, which would reduce the price by $100/year)
don't use the car for work
10-15,000 Km/year
35-45 age group

Here is what they claim raised the quote:
M3 Car is in the "high performance" category
replacement parts are more expensive
2006 is the first year they started to insure BMW M3's
*blah*

Conclusion: I am stuck with them until December 2006, but I will definitely shop around intensively in November 2006 ...
*byewhore*
I did my shopping, and chose BelairDirect.com for 30% reduction. I now pay $720/year. They even gave me a rebate for having winter tires on my car. LOL.

Use the http://www.kanetix.ca/auto-insurance site to start your research for the insurance best adapted to you.

For your 2 cars? That is a heck of a deal! Give me details about your Insurance Co. and your terms please.

I'm insured under my father's company plan. All of the cars in my family are insured under my father's company and he has a very good relationship with his broker. Our current plans are with Fort Insurance, but that is only because the person we have been dealing with for years recently started working there. But ya, I'm insured as a full time driver on the Honda and an occaisional driver on the M3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back