alpine 60 x 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimSin

like the title states i have an alpine unit which is a 60 x 4, when i connect it using the plug in the back intended for my car( integra ). If i play the music to the max it the radio will turn off for a few seconds and come back on, on its own. This happens when im above a certain volume about 20~.

I think this may be a problem caused because the intended power to the radio from the car isnt enough. Im thinking i might have to put the power wire (yellow) to another more powerful chain that depends on the ignition.

IF anyone can help me out would be appreciated.... or if you have a 60x4 radio how did you install it?

I must be stressed that your head unit doesn't actually deliver 4x60 watts but around 4x23 watts and if you want a good song you must have an amp (unless you have an alpine receiver with the v-amp technologie). Anyway you I don't know why your radio turn off.

I have a 60wx4 Alpine HU too. In the manual, it is clearly stated that you must connect it with you own wire to the battery and make your own ground!

Please, do so. These are the only 2 wires you should re-wire.

SeCuRi[T] said:
I have a 60wx4 Alpine HU too. In the manual, it is clearly stated that you must connect it with you own wire to the battery and make your own ground!

Please, do so. These are the only 2 wires you should re-wire.

I am actually aware of this,and teh ground would be easy, but i am curious if there is any other existing wire i can connect to because if i run the wire to the battery it wont be linked to my ignition... so technically always on even when i turn off teh car, correct me if im wrong, im interested in it turning on as soon as i turn the key 1 to the right. :bigup: SO im looking for an existing electrical circuit that is linked to the iginition.

Torog said:
You don't want forget it on?

ouais, si je le connect a la batterie, la radio a du courant en permanence... donc il va falloir que le ferme a chaque fois manuellement. Il ne sera pas lies a mon ignition. *tu*

beachboy said:
high end alpine is a f#1:p

they didn't have F#1 Status back when they had the 60w x 4 head units.

@Simsin: The power wire you will pass is the 12 volt, not the accessory. Your radio will still turn on and off with the key, tell yourself Alpine thought about that particular problem!

http://www.alpine-usa.com/images/products/documents/OM_CDA-9857.pdf

Check page #36

Yellow wire directly to the battery.

Red wire to the ignition (check with the wires of your current radio, there is one wire that will have power when the key is at accessories or battery, that is the ignition).

If there is no power in the ignition wire, radio won't turn on.

AND, think about this, if your radio is not permanently connected to your battery, how will it keep the time and settings?

Is it a stolen radio or what, haven't you checked the manual?

SeCuRi[T] said:
http://www.alpine-usa.com/images/products/documents/OM_CDA-9857.pdf

Check page #36

Yellow wire directly to the battery.

Red wire to the ignition (check with the wires of your current radio, there is one wire that will have power when the key is at accessories or battery, that is the ignition).

If there is no power in the ignition wire, radio won't turn on.

AND, think about this, if your radio is not permanently connected to your battery, how will it keep the time and settings?

Is it a stolen radio or what, haven't you checked the manual?

thanks alot guys... im happy its this simple!... lol i got it all hooked up and working :bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back