we cant tint our front windows any more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh great! i just got platinum tint done. some angles and depending on the light outside you can see right through like there's no tint. and other times it's completely mirror. i screwed.

accordnation said:
well if your like me and dont want to get rid of your tints, just do like me and roll down your windows at the sight of a cop! its summer soon, they wont suspect shit!!! :D

thats what i jus did, was out and had both windows rolled down

on thimens..there are cops standing on the side of the road n checkin the speedlimit..n im sure the tints..

when i got my tints done.. i was told 35% for the fronts are legal..so now no tints for the front?or 35% is alrite?

3000GT-96 said:
when i got my tints done.. i was told 35% for the fronts are legal..so now no tints for the front?or 35% is alrite?

The law still says 70% is legal.

However cars come with 80%. Basically any tint is illegal.

You were told BS. 35% is way over the limit.

Theres a thread in the CSR forum. Search

Maitre Absolut said:
The law still says 70% is legal.

However cars come with 80%. Basically any tint is illegal.

You were told BS. 35% is way over the limit.

Theres a thread in the CSR forum. Search

I think there is some confusion with it being 35% TINTED, vs your 70% of the light going through...

He is only 5% off :p

3000GT-96 said:
i got 35% front.. never got pulled over..well not yet lol
and i see cops WHENEVER im out, but they never pulled me over. :dunno:
you could just be very lucky then

Last friday I was cruising side by side with a friend, we both had dark tints in the front and the cop went for him.:D

We both had X plates on our cars. lol

I got pulled last night by police officer on metropolitain at 1 AM he was parked at the DickANN's near place versaille. he flashed is light and use tHE HORN... i was like officer what's appening i was doing 40km/h ( too much pothole ) he said i can't see in your back windows, i was like when its raining its much darker. he was like blabla he didn't listen to me it took im like 20 mins writing the god damn paper. i got 48h to make changes. THAT IS SOOOOOOOO STUPID.

15% back 35% front.

Watch out guys this is getting ridicilus getting pulled for that. im not having a bang bus in my civic.

You have to understand that when you guys say you have 35% in the front, that is 35% light passthrough, which is very dark. Your windows must be allowed to let 70% of the light passthrough. That is almost a clear window.

Look at the light grey of the forums... that is how 'light' of a tint you are allowed. (in Retrospect)

Maitre Absolut said:
yeah i got caught last week. they were doing a mad crackdown on berri-st antoine

as of april 2006 they give you a 48h for your tints. it costs 45$ per visit (if you fail you pay again)

So i took mine off for the inspection, and had them redone immediately after

but now im thinking it wasnt such a good idea since i keep hearing about more of these crackdowns....

Last nite, I got stopped too for my tints, the funniest thing is that I had my windows rolled down, but the fackin coppulls me over just to see my tints.
Now where is the closest place I can get it inspected? (somewhere close to the west island.) and what happens if I go get it inspected a week later?

i know that 65% of the cops have tints on their windows. im gonna go when they are on duty and put tickets on their windhseild

I thought the law passed last year stating you were allowed to have tints?
has anyone wrote to the papers or approached the SPVM ( Service Policiere de Ville Marie????) about this?

It is uncalled for getting tickets for legal tints, then contesting them knowing you will win but lose out on more money cause you have to waste1 day of work to go to court?

My first 2 cars had no tints, but I got tired of not having tints ( even if it did look good)... I want to get my windows tinted, but with these "loophole" laws, I dunno what to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back