Sherlock Engraving

Status
Not open for further replies.

04JBPWRX

So my new insurance provider is forcing me to get engraving before they activate the policy. Does anyone have any opinions about Sherlock? Best place to go, prices, special requests (like "dont ruin my mags with engraving!")... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

LeBeau just finished a family member's Infiniti FX35, and I will be having it done to my STi very shortly. I really don't like the way they did it at LeBeau cause you can see it on the rims, on the taillights, the headlights, everywhere. When I get my car done I will be breathing down their necks to make sure they don't ruin my sh!t. I just want the numbers on the lights and wheels done on the inside, so you can't totally see it. Some places put the number on the rearview mirrors, some don't.

I will be calling my insurance company to find out about other places that do it and/or other alternatives.

Ya, that's a concern for me too... I don't want it to be too visible (especially on my Prodrives!). I also heard some ins co's pay for the engraving...

I had it done at the dealer. I said look. I am paying a lot of money for this car, i dont want it to be ruined with markings... they did a pretty good job.

get it from the Subaru dealer. you can go to lebeau but it costs more and the markings are huge (they did it on my SIR.). Subaru did my 2.5i last week and its not even noticable.

ac22 said:
get it from the Subaru dealer. you can go to lebeau but it costs more and the markings are huge (they did it on my SIR.). Subaru did my 2.5i last week and its not even noticable.

You went to Subaru Des Sources? Anything specific you think I should ask for?

04JBPWRX said:
You went to Subaru Des Sources? Anything specific you think I should ask for?

yep i got it there. i dont think there is anything specific to ask for but you way want to talk to them or call about your concerns first. i didnt even know they were doing my car (it was new). they did it by mistake and the mistake worked out pretty well. the markings are not noticable at all. on my SIR from lebeau they are huge!

Sounds like Sources is a good bet. Don't forget about Rizzo's MSP from Lebeau, retarded job they did on his car....

I'd still keep bugging the other ING rep, I think it's BS.

Ya me too... Monday morning...

It turns out they don't use 'Sherlock', they use something else like "ProtectAll" or something. That's why it's "better" and less obvious looking compared to Sherlock...

edit: 199$ btw

04JBPWRX said:
Ya me too... Monday morning...

It turns out they don't use 'Sherlock', they use something else like "ProtectAll" or something. That's why it's "better" and less obvious looking compared to Sherlock...

edit: 199$ btw

thats right. its not Sherlock, but you still get the benifit from the insurance.

J`ai fait faire le mien chez Subaru les seul endroit ou il paraisse c dans les vitres et le toit ouvrant mais c petit pas aussi gros que Sherlock

Hey, so I got my engraving done at Subaru Des Sources and it turned out really nice. Very small and clean...*tu*

I just finished having mine done at des Sources by a fellow Flat4 member! The code is super small, done in all the right places, I couldn't be happier with the final outcome! I HIGHLY recommend getting it done at Subaru des Sources!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back