L7 12 inches fitting in a 240 sx EX coupe??

Status
Not open for further replies.
the l7 is a sub from kicker and if you have like .8 to 1.00 cft and at least 14 inches by 14 inches to mount it,then you can fit it.

Originally posted by Devilish240
EX there's no such thing! And what is L7 ??? A speaker brand?!

EX is only availible in canada through kicker, that's why it doesn't appear on their site or around the web that much.
It's a lower line than the comp, I guess us canadians are just too cheap, lol.
And the Solobaric L7 is gods gift to man if you're wondering.
However they shine in large ported box compared to small sealed.

The topic is : L7 12 inches fitting in a 240 sx EX coupe??

I tought he meant 240sx, EX edition coupe... there's no such thing...

As for fitting... you can fit 4 12 if you want!!!

Originally posted by RossWRX
cheap, lol.
And the Solobaric L7 is gods gift to man if you're wondering.
However they shine in large ported box compared to small sealed.

the solobarics are built specially for sealed boxes..............they are ment to go in a small sealed box., hence the name solobaric.using a single sub to mimic the size of an isobaric box with 2 subs. i dont know where you got your info from.

Last edited:
Originally posted by ac22
the solobarics are built specially for sealed boxes..............they are ment to go in a small sealed box., hence the name solobaric.using a single sub to mimic the size of an isobaric box with 2 subs. i dont know where you got your info from.

lol, maybe directly from kicker.
I sell kicker as a large source of my income.
Solobarics have been around since 1992 when the first "a" series sub was released. They were designed for small sealed boxes as you said. However alot has changed since then and now the new Solobarics are designed for everything but small sealed boxes, for example the new 12" L7's have a Qts of 0.66, which means they'll need a huge box to have an SQ alignment in a sealed box.
Here's some posts that may enlighten you...
Polecat is an employee from kicker and listen to what he says
http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=046897#000000

lol, o.k so we agree that they are great subs...it offers better sq in a sealed..... i can put any sub in a ported enclosure to create a 3db gain so ya, ported is louder..that means nothing to me. according to all the kicker guys at ces this year ( not a guy in a forum) solo's are for sealed.. if someone finds out that he can get some boom from a ported thats cool but like i said ,which is true..they were made for small sealed boxes.

but in any case this was not his question so i think we can both agree that yes you can fit a 12 l7 in the trunk....

Last edited:
But don't expect them to sound great in a small sealed box.
If you want to use the L7's in a sealed box you'll need to go above 1.5 cu. ft. per 12, otherwise you will notice alot of overhang and the transient response will suffer not to mention it will sound quite boomy with a Qtc above 1.00
Also ported will result in up to 6db with these subs also they'll sound quite good IMHO. Who told you to run them sealed at CES this year, i know most of the people who work at kicker and i'm really suprised to hear that they said that. However if SQ is your primary goal, then yes sealed is better, but you'll still have to use a big box.

hey
a 6db gain..not bad.. i have no idea the name of the man i spoke to but i am a very big fan of this line and wanted to get more info they pointed me to the" tech guy" aparently he does a lot of the r&d for the sub line.

hmm... probably jeremy brown or aaron surrat, they're the main guys in tech, really nice and real helpful, could of been Mark Eldridge though if he does alot of the R&D.
Anyways, if you're looking for some killer prices on some kicker stuff send me a PM. :bigup:

i got pics of the show and i think i got the booth so hey maybe you know him. in any case thanks for the offer on the kicker stuff. i will take you up on that soon.
thanks man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back