Oldschool Civic

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniorNasty

Legacy Member
I just bought a 1987 Civic 1500s and I want to get it lowered. I don't need anything amazing. What do you guys suggest and where can I get some ?
Thanx :bigup:
Pics:
Civic011.jpg

Civic012.jpg

Civic004.jpg

The only rust the car has:
Civic006.jpg

The Type R of it's day :p
Civic009.jpg

P.S. I will take the Civic stickers off.
So whatcha think ?

Last edited:
oué mais les civic de cette génération la sont vraiment diférentes que les 89 et plus.

Mais je suis pas mal sure qu'il y a de quoi pour ca a quelque part.

JuniorNasty said:
I just bought a 1987 Civic 1500s and I want to get it lowered. I don't need anything amazing. What do you guys suggest and where can I get some ?
Thanx :bigup:

is it flat black with an old honda Michelin challenge roll cage ans prelude seats??

as for lowering the car uses a torsion bar front suspension, I belive it can be adjusted. I had Suspension technique sway bars on the car, they really(along with the cage) made a difference, the car was flat in all corners.:yikes: A kart like feeling.

you need to check out http://www.redpepperracing.com/ for advice on parts.post pics if you can.

BTW did you get a settlement from your insurance yet for your Jetta?

Flat Black said:
is it flat black with an old honda Michelin challenge roll cage ans prelude seats??

as for lowering the car uses a torsion bar front suspension, I belive it can be adjusted. I had Suspension technique sway bars on the car, they really(along with the cage) made a difference, the car was flat in all corners.:yikes: A kart like feeling.

you need to check out http://www.redpepperracing.com/ for advice on parts.post pics if you can.

BTW did you get a settlement from your insurance yet for your Jetta?

My friend bought that car with the cage and the Prelude seats, after a few weeks of beating and 2 trannies, the engin decided to blow ...
It was a fun little go kart !!

Wow, do they even make springs for those cars ? lol

Sick buy though, drop it like it's hawt :D

940T said:
Wow, do they even make springs for those cars ? lol

Sick buy though, drop it like it's hawt :D
I'm gonna post up pics soon. This car is mint. Just has a little surface rust on the upper rear hatch easily fixable and only has 165 000km. Oh...and I will drop it like it's hawt :bigup:

JuniorNasty said:

most part for this car are discontinue !!! You may find some spring laying around in some shop but for example eibach and tokico dont produce them aymore ! So your other option is in the link i posted earlier but .............

good luck with your search !

vtec inside said:
most part for this car are discontinue !!! You may find some spring laying around in some shop but for example eibach and tokico dont produce them aymore ! So your other option is in the link i posted earlier but .............

good luck with your search !
Oh...ok. No way I'm cutting coils. I found a couple of options on Ebay :bigup:

Wow, amazing how clean it is !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd take too those ugly civic stickers like you said. Could make something nice & rare with this lol

are keeping the original paint & engin ? their is actually a suspension set up for those old shool civic just cant remember right now ... alot off people used those back in the days for rally

mt72 said:
are keeping the original paint & engin ? their is actually a suspension set up for those old shool civic just cant remember right now ... alot off people used those back in the days for rally
Yeah I'm leaving it as is. It's my daily driver but I still want to drop it. Can't stand stock height !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back