So as usual I was bored on a Sunday afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killingcivics

So I bought a 92 mk2 golf with an aba swap in it. Engine is a 2.0l from a 98 jetta gt. Body is not perfect but it's pretty solid. What were the different editions of 2.0 8v's again?

wahoo number 15 vw!

no swapping mk3 = winter beater! Ill see how the 8v pulls maybe cam it chip and see how that does.....only other option is another 16v. And yes its the car that was for sale on the board and also vwquebec. I actually lucked out the car is relatevely clean just needs some love.... I'm picking it up on tuesday morning and taking it to get checked out and well take it from there. My favorite part is no sunroof!

You are such a chick. Only chicks shop when they are bored.

Congrats on the purchase, was pretty much a steal at the price he was asking.

I prefer car whore! At least I can take my time and fix the mk3 up a bit.

The only thing I'm worried about is the install of the harness and the dtm exhaust on the back. I couldn't help it I missed my mk2 always balanced on three wheels around corners mk3 isn't the same. Ah well this should keep me behaving till I find a nice audi.

bump I'd like to know about the two liter aba's ..what are the differences? I know mine is obd2 but I remember hearing about oil squirters bla bla bla.....

Killingcivics said:
bump I'd like to know about the two liter aba's ..what are the differences? I know mine is obd2 but I remember hearing about oil squirters bla bla bla.....

Early OBDI > OBDII

dual valve springs, oil squirters, "forged" crank

Killingcivics said:
some obd1 aba's had squirters some didn't, both 94's IIRC, but i't very rare you'll have one of these

easiest way to tell is the parting line on crank from the forging

way i'd go about it:

1. look for dizzy
2. if dizzy, take off pan, watch for windage tray
3. look for parting line and squirters
4. if you don't know what you're looking at, which i doubt, call leo and check out his obd1 aba on his stand with forged crank and squirters to see if similar

umm Leo having multiple personailty problems again? It does have a distributor no coilpack.

Rico I will soon be back in the v8 fold... Im looking trying to find soemthing decent I might grab a blue oval if any clean ones pop up.

Killingcivics said:
umm Leo having multiple personailty problems again? It does have a distributor no coilpack.

Rico I will soon be back in the v8 fold... Im looking trying to find soemthing decent I might grab a blue oval if any clean ones pop up.
lol, then go to step 2

IIRC the non forged ABA does not have a windage tray, but not sure if it's the obd2 or also the late non forged obd1 ABA's... like i said, best way is to pull the pan, i know it sucks...

Killingcivics said:
**** it Ill just sell it and buy a 16v
man i love to hear that*bow* follow the leada leada leada!!
like leo said, extra oil squirters in the cylinders...the last year they had those were 94 i believe. all forged, good for a turbo*tu*
oh and leo, i know u want to beat my scirocco butt, im giving u a call this week so i could abuse laychooba's old rocco:eek:hdrama:

Ol Skool Bimmer said:
man i love to hear that*bow* follow the leada leada leada!!
like leo said, extra oil squirters in the cylinders...the last year they had those were 94 i believe. all forged, good for a turbo*tu*
oh and leo, i know u want to beat my scirocco butt, im giving u a call this week so i could abuse laychooba's old rocco:eek:hdrama:

T'il early 96 ( obd1 )

trialsin said:
T'il early 96 ( obd1 )

I have a 97 obd1... they were a canadian jem.

Easiest way is by looking at the throttle body. If it is large then it is obd2, if it is small the it is obd1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back